New Reviewer at Hardrock Haven

metalmaniac777

Hey, gang, in case anybody cares, I joined the staff of Hardrock Haven as a CD reviewer. You can check out my biography/photo here: Hardrock Haven Staff Bio

And read my first review (Salute--"Heart of the Machine") here: Album review

I agreed to bang out 3 or 4 reviews per month, so I'll try to post here and let everyone know when my reviews have been uploaded to Hardrock Haven.

Now, as you were...which I'm pretty sure for Geoff means naked and surrounded by several large Japanese men with curiously shaved bodies.

*momentarily makes path through unfortunately hung and shaved Japanese men to keyboard*

Nice one mate. So, the dude in the pic? Uh, who's that creep? HAHA! :lol: Gosh that was a good one.

Nice one, mate. You're everywhere these days! Good to see. Good luck with it. Oh, and why do you hate your poor little kitty?

cutest-kitten-pic-13.jpg

"Aside from being cute, what did I ever do to you?"

cute-sleeping-kitty-11.jpg

"Why do you hate me, Mark?"

kitten-fluffball-20.jpg

"Mark? Please don't hate me."

Nice going mate.

P.s. Did you get the new SHOWDOWN disc yet? After their last couple of great ones, this newie is pretty weak...

B)

*momentarily makes path through unfortunately hung and shaved Japanese men to keyboard*

Nice one mate. So, the dude in the pic? Uh, who's that creep? HAHA! :lol: Gosh that was a good one.

Nice one, mate. You're everywhere these days! Good to see. Good luck with it. Oh, and why do you hate your poor little kitty?

cutest-kitten-pic-13.jpg

"Aside from being cute, what did I ever do to you?"

cute-sleeping-kitty-11.jpg

"Why do you hate me, Mark?"

kitten-fluffball-20.jpg

"Mark? Please don't hate me."

:lol:

Nice going mate.

P.S. Did you get the new SHOWDOWN disc yet? After their last couple of great ones, this newie is pretty weak.

Yeah, I snagged it as soon as it came out. While not quite up to the standards of "Temptation Come my way" or "Back Breaker," I still think it's a pretty darn good metal album, and personally wouldn't rate it as weak. But The Showdown is just one of those bands I really like...something about them clicks with me. I thought the first 3 songs--"The Man Named Hell," "Heavy Lies the Crown," & "Bring it Down"--ranked up there with some of the band's best. Certainly got my head banging, anyway.

Interesting (or maybe not) sidenote: I had to submit a sample review for consideration before getting the Hardrock Haven gig, and I actually wrote a rough draft review of the new Showdown album. In the end I wasn't happy enough with it though (the review, not the CD) and ended up submitting a review for Shotgun Revolution: "Join the Revolution" instead, which resulted in me getting the job.