Strangeways - Perfect World

Jez

The new album from Strangeways 'Perect World' is finally arriving October 15th. Even though there have been 3 official Strangeways albums since the brilliant 'Walk In The Fire', non really touched on the Melodic rock brilliance of the first 3 albums, so I cannot wait to finally hear all of this, in all it's glory. Set your diaries now.

strangeways_pw.jpg

Tracks include:

Perfect World

Borderlines

Movin' On

Time

Cracking Up Baby

Liberty

One More Day

Bushfire

Too Far Gone

Can't Let You Go

Say What You Want

You can listen to 'Perfect World' & 'Borderlines' over at the Frontiers site Strangeways

The new album from Strangeways 'Perect World' is finally arriving October 15th. Even though there have been 3 official Strangeways albums since the brilliant 'Walk In The Fire', non really touched on the Melodic rock brilliance of the first 3 albums, so I cannot wait to finally hear all of this, in all it's glory. Set your diaries now.

strangeways_pw.jpg

Tracks include:

Perfect World

Borderlines

Movin' On

Time

Cracking Up Baby

Liberty

One More Day

Bushfire

Too Far Gone

Can't Let You Go

Say What You Want

You can listen to 'Perfect World' & 'Borderlines' over at the Frontiers site Strangeways

I hadnt heard anything about this. Is Brock singing on it? Anyone who can get the clips to work be great to hear what they think...

strangeways_pw.jpg

Tracks include:

Perfect World

Borderlines

Movin' On

Time

Cracking Up Baby

Liberty

One More Day

Bushfire

Too Far Gone

Can't Let You Go

Say What You Want

I hadnt heard anything about this. Is Brock singing on it? Anyone who can get the clips to work be great to hear what they think...

Terry Brock, Ian Stewart and David 'Munch' Moore from before, plus a new Bass player.

Yeah from what I hear its supposed to be a laid back affair.

Still be interested to see what they come up with.

I'd be amazed if its better than Terry's solo album 'Diamond Blue' which really is a corker.

Laid back is not always a bad thing in my books. Soundbytes sound ok to me, so looking forward to the whole thing

Laid back is not always a bad thing in my books. Soundbytes sound ok to me, so looking forward to the whole thing

Backed mate. From what Ive heard the balance sounds a bit odd with just 2 rockers and 7 ballads, but judging by some of the past Brock ballads this doesnt really concern me.

New Strangeways in 2010 is something I never thought I would hear!

Straight off the bat I don't like the ratio of ballads to rockers if what is written above is correct, but as Glen says, that disc with Slamer is awesome, the new Giant CD really ain't bad at all and he's done well in the past, so I'll give this a go.

• 1 month later...

This was touted as a more return to the 'classic' Strangeways sound than the previous 3 albums, but it turns out, bar a couple of songs, this pretty much follows a similar path to 'And The Horse', Anyday Now' and Gravitational Pull'. Now! this is not necessarily a bad thing, as all of those albums had some good songs on them,(but certainly not in the Strangeways style of old) so to describe the new one is a continuation from 'Walk In The Fire' is way off the mark and is going to piss off quite a few people who have never heard their later stuff. If you liked the last 3 albums, then you will find lots stuff on 'Perfect World' to your liking, if you didn't, then I can hear all the slatings coming now.

Yeah, this surely won't rate well this year. As I said in the 'first spins' thread I have no real problem with it. It's not bad, but it's just average. It never really takes off, or really goes anywhere. A few nice enough tunes but compared to Brock's solo album or even the Giant CD from this year... imo it is the weakest of the three.

This was touted as a more return to the 'classic' Strangeways sound than the previous 3 albums, but it turns out, bar a couple of songs, this pretty much follows a similar path to 'And The Horse', Anyday Now' and Gravitational Pull'. Now! this is not necessarily a bad thing, as all of those albums had some good songs on them,(but certainly not in the Strangeways style of old) so to describe the new one is a continuation from 'Walk In The Fire' is way off the mark and is going to piss off quite a few people who have never heard their later stuff. If you liked the last 3 albums, then you will find lots stuff on 'Perfect World' to your liking, if you didn't, then I can hear all the slatings coming now.

I haven't heard anything since "Walk in the Fire" so will skip this one completely after these comments...

I haven't heard anything since "Walk in the Fire" so will skip this one completely after these comments...

You may like a couple of songs, but you may well be advised to steer clear if you haven't heard the later stuff. Personally, I quite like some of it, but I have to be in the right mood for it. Saying that, I haven't played the previous 3 for at least a year or more.