NEW Jorn Lande

metaltrekman

Just read about this album on Blabbermouth. On one hand I'm like "cool, givin' props to RJD," but on the other hand I'm like "Damn, he whipped this up awfully quick." I mean, what did he do, start banging this thing out as soon as he heard Ronnie was sick? The guy's barely even in the ground yet.

Powerhouse Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ARK, THE SNAKES) will honor the musical legacy of Ronnie James Dio with his new album, aptly entitled "Dio", to be released on July 2 in Europe and July 27 in the U.S. via Frontiers Records.

Handpicking some lesser known tunes of the Dio era, along with some of the true classics, Jorn offers a fine collection of songs that present the music of the man and the artist, with a unique twist.

Commented Lande: "Throughout the years I have had the privilege of both meeting and working with many of the musicians that have inspired me on my musical journey. Ronnie James Dio has inspired me through decades, and this man's influence continues to add colour to my creative spirit. Ever since the first time I heard his royal roar back in the '70s, I have been fascinated by this extremely talented man's creative force and dedication to music. His career has been going on for so long and includes so many great songs that it was a challenge to decide which songs and what era to focus on. I ended up focusing on the Dio era."

"Dio" will also include an original song for which a video, shot by Thomas Tjader (PRETTY MAIDS, IN FLAMES), was produced. Jorn says, "I wrote 'Song for Ronnie James' as a tribute and a personal thanks to the man who has been my mentor for more than 35 years. This great man has affected my life and career in such a way that without his presence, I would not have become the artist I am today."

The "Song for Ronnie James" video can be viewed below.

"Dio" was mixed by Tommy Hansen at Jailhouse Studios and it features the following tracks:

01. Song For Ronnie James

02. Invisible

03. Shame on the Night

04. Push

05. Stand Up And Shout

06. Don't Talk to Strangers

07. Lord Of The Last Day

08. Night People

09. Sacred Heart

10. Sunset Superman

11. Lonely Is The Word / Letters From Earth (2010 version)

12. Kill The King

13. Straight Through The Heart (live)

14. Song For Ronnie James (video)

JORN is:

Jorn Lande: Lead Vocals

Willy Bendiksen: Drums

Tore Moren: Guitar

Jgor Gianola: Guitar

Tor Erik Myhre: Guitar

Nic Angileri: Bass

Just read about this album on Blabbermouth. On one hand I'm like "cool, givin' props to RJD," but on the other hand I'm like "Damn, he whipped this up awfully quick." I mean, what did he do, start banging this thing out as soon as he heard Ronnie was sick? The guy's barely even in the ground yet.

I had the same thoughts Keith but come to find out this has been in process for almost a year but IMO just bad timing from the label. Just my opinion but I think Frontiers could of waited 4 or 5 months before spitting this out to make it not look like they were taken advantage of him dying. Then again unless they waited over a year it probably still would of seemed that way. By the way I dig the tune and like the tracklisting of the disc. I love that he picked "Sunset Superstar" and "Night People". Also cool that he picked a Magica tune "Lord of the Last Day" but I would of preferred "Losing My Insanity" or "Fever Dreams" but it's cool either way. :headbanger:

Here is a message from Jorn:

I am overwhelmed by all the positive response regarding "Song for Ronnie James", and all the warm comments I have recieved from all around the world.

It means a lot to me that you have embraced this song as something coming from the heart, and I'm truly grateful.

In just a few days more than 100.000 people have viewed the video on the internet, and the number is still rising...

Many people are too busy trying to reinvent the wheel, forgetting the talent, quality and originality of the people that paved the way, like Ronnie James Dio.

My intentions for writing ”Song for Ronnie James” was to bow down and pay respect to one of the greatest, most influential and unique artists the world has ever known.

When Ronnie passed away so sudden, I wasn¨'t sure whether or not the release of the song should be postponed for a while, but we decided to proceed with the release of the song as planned.

"Song for Ronnie James" was written before Ronnie got sick last year, and it makes me sad to know that he never got to hear it.

Without Ronnie's presence, I would not have become the artist I am today.

It’s hard holding back the tears when reading all your wonderful comments, and once again I thank all of you for your support and recognition.

Ronnie James Dio lost his battle against cancer, but we must continue to fight this disease. Medical researchers are doing progress every day, and they need our help.

You can help World Cancer Research Fund International by following the link below.

I urge you all to contribute in any way you can, your help will make a difference.

http://www.wcrf.org/

Sincerley yours,

Jorn

jorn_and_dio.jpg

Jorn & Dio at the House of Blues, Orlando in 2000