Goodbye Thrill - 'Keepsakes'

Geoff

Just saw Pete speaking of this one in the new CDs thread. How come there's been no other mention of this one elsewhere? Any thoughts on it? :)

Anyway, I was just looking at maybe ordering this one from Kivel direct (along with 2 other CDs to get the cool discount). A few questions:

1. Pete, when is the new Farcry CD due, even just for pre-order? ;)

2. What's Goodbye Thrill - 'One 'n Half'? Is that the name of the new CD when it's packed with the free DVD? I can't see 'Keepsakes' listed anywhere available for order.

3. Is the new Bombay Black CD (again, how come no one's mentioned this one?) any good? More in line with the debut, perhaps? Kind of gone off these guys a little with a couple of average CDs, imo, but there's a lot of potential here for a real killer CD. Is this one it? :)

"Keepsakes" has 4 new tracks by the looks of it, but isn't a full new studio disc...

Hey Geoff, all excellent questions as always!

1. Not 100% sure, but the goal is to get "Optimism" out by June, prior to the Dakota Rock Fest. Originally we were trying to get it done for MRF2 but it just wasn't happening. Rhythm tracks are completed, Mark goes in a couple weeks to record vox, and then I'll layer in my solos, then mix/master, etc. Once we get into the mix phase we'll hopefully be able to put it up for preorder. :)

2. Keepsakes is a few new tracks, a Beau Hill mix of rainy days, and some acoustic reworks of previously released tuneage. The accompanying DVD is a little bit of everything from what the description reads, however I haven't actually watched it yet. The CD is damn good IMO though!

3. I heard the new BB when we were in the studio recording Optimism, and from what I heard it's pretty damn awesome! But I will leave that to you to decide once you hear some of it.

I've been wondering for a while why John hasn't been around these parts talking about these discs like he usually does. Especially since the Goodbye Thrill has been out and for sale and the Bombay was supposed to be out by now. Plus there's been no announcement about David Reece joining Tango Down.

Give us some updates John. :drink:

Oh, I see. Thanks guys (he says quietly shuffling Goodbye Thrill off his want list for now...). Thanks a heap for the info. :)

Okay, it's settled. I still need a copy of the last Tango Down CD so I'll wait till June and pre-order Farcry with Tango Down and (hopefully if I like it) Bombay Black. :)

Hello All!!

Sorry for being lowkey on this board. Been a hectic few months. Right after the holidays, we rolled up our sleeves for what should be a happening spring/summer for us. To answer the questions regarding GOODBYE THRILL, this release was orginally going to be titled One and Half and have a differant cover concept. However we felt we came up with a more fitting concept, which led to it's title. Apologies for any confusion on the order page where it is still listed as 1 n a half. Trust me when i say that this IS must for fans of the band, or melodicrock in general. You get a cd AND a Dvd for $12. How can you go wrong? Plus several new studio tracks, a remixed version of RAINY DAYS by Mega Producer Beau Hill. As well as the reworked versions of some of the cuts off the 1st album. The dvd itself makes it worth having with over an hour worth of goodies, as it has the live concert footage, a video, candid footage of them in the studio, on the road and live. Most of all, the bands CD release party! sample clip here

GOODBYE THRILL "Let Me Sleep"

Again....all for $12!! ;-) The bands new studio album is due for a May release. Wait til u hear it!! We will unveil a track or two at this weeks Melodicrockfest. Look for the album cover to be posted soon as well.

We are looking at a Late June, early July for FARCRY. Other releases coming over the next few months from TALON, SEVEN DAYZ, JACE PAWLAK, TANGO DOWN and More!

John

Hello All!!

Sorry for being lowkey on this board. Been a hectic few months. Right after the holidays, we rolled up our sleeves for what should be a happening spring/summer for us. To answer the questions regarding GOODBYE THRILL, this release was orginally going to be titled One and Half and have a differant cover concept. However we felt we came up with a more fitting concept, which led to it's title. Apologies for any confusion on the order page where it is still listed as 1 n a half. Trust me when i say that this IS must for fans of the band, or melodicrock in general. You get a cd AND a Dvd for $12. How can you go wrong? Plus several new studio tracks, a remixed version of RAINY DAYS by Mega Producer Beau Hill. As well as the reworked versions of some of the cuts off the 1st album. The dvd itself makes it worth having with over an hour worth of goodies, as it has the live concert footage, a video, candid footage of them in the studio, on the road and live. Most of all, the bands CD release party! sample clip here

Again....all for $12!! ;-) The bands new studio album is due for a May release. Wait til u hear it!! We will unveil a track or two at this weeks Melodicrockfest. Look for the album cover to be posted soon as well.

We are looking at a Late June, early July for FARCRY. Other releases coming over the next few months from TALON, SEVEN DAYZ, JACE PAWLAK, TANGO DOWN and More!

John

Thanks for the info, John. Am I reading this correctly, that there will be a full new studio album from Goodbye Thrill in May? If that's right, will the 4 new songs on 'Keepsakes' be on that one too? :)

Hello All!!

John

Thanks for the info, John. Am I reading this correctly, that there will be a full new studio album from Goodbye Thrill in May? If that's right, will the 4 new songs on 'Keepsakes' be on that one too? :)

Thanks for the update John. I was starting to wonder if you were still around these parts. :drink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Geoff!!

YES Thrill will have a brand new studio release the end of this month going into June. It is called OUTRAGEOUS. WAIT til you see the album cover. WOW....We outdid ourselves!! I dont know what is scarier, the fact i thought of such a crazy concept...OR the fact that F3 Studios was able to actually pull it off!! LOL. I must say that F3 Studios outdid themselves on this one and knocked it out of the park! Unveiling this coming week. Now ofcourse, we cant wait for everyone to hear it as well. I Promise that if you enjoyed the 1st album, then you are going to LOVE the new one. Marco did a killer job handling All the guitar duties on the new album. We are very proud of him for both writing and performing such a killer album! Also joining the fold, is the bands new guitarist Chuck Beckman. A true guitar god in the making if there ever was one. We are looking fwd to seeing him play this material live. Unfortunatley the album was in the can when Chuck joined the band, so we look fwd to him throwing down some guitar playing on the next album.

As for the bonus tracks on Keepsakes. No they will not be included on the new album.

Everyone have a good weekend!

John