Your opinions on Lynch Mob's Smoke and Mirrors?

Guest Dangerous Toy

Guest Dangerous Toy

I've listened to most of Smoke and Mirrors over on Youtube and to be honest I'm not really digging it. The Phacist has a modern vibe to it and while most of the other tracks sound pretty old school, it's the lyrics I'm having a hard time getting into. They come off a little preachy to me.

I was looking for something a little more upbeat since the album does actually rock for the most part. The lyrics here remind me a bit of Hurricane's Liquifury in the "we're a mature band now and our songs now have meaning" kind of way. I'm still on the ropes about picking this one up. Your opinions would be appreciated.

I don't love every song but I do love most of them.

To me at times Oni sounds like Ray Gillan and especially on the title track I hear a Badlands vibe.

There are some much more modern sounding tunes but I still like them anyway.

I think there's only two songs I didn't really care for with those being "Madly Backwards" and "Mansions in the Sky". "Time Keepers" is a killer tune IMO as is "We Will Remain". Not exactly like old school LM but still very good IMO with some great playing and Oni sounds good as well.

Hi,im a big lover of this band..i even dig the smoke this album,which should be under another name other than lynch mob.smoke and mirrors to me is a ok album but not great..im hoping that the cd will be a grower with in time.i still feel george can notch up some more beefy solos as he should be able to do this in he`s sleep.mitch

Great album .I'm so happy Oni Logan is back on track, It was a shame not hear this talented guy again(his solo was nice but pop).

My favs are Mansions in the sky,the title track,we will reamain and 21st century man.

In my opinion It sounds much like wicked sensation.

I have not picked this one up yet for 2 reasons...

1. The samples I have heard, I don't care for. Granted they are just short samples.

2. The opinions seem a little hit and miss with the folks here

This doesn't mean I won't grab it some day and I might like it but it is not a priority with the other stuff that is on my list to get.

Sadly I just couldn't get into it either. It's not a bad album really, but the songs just really don't interest me much at all. Half of them are pretty cool, but don't make me want to hear them again. The only saving grace for me was the fantastic 'When I close my eyes' track. Love that tune as it's really the only song that explores their more melodic background.