Doncs draft Tebow

Leykis101

Well I guess they know something I dont, hope it works out!

I'm REALLY interested to see how this plays out, on a couple of fronts.

First of all, I remember a few years back a similar, but not nearly as big, furor breaking out over Vince Young. I remember, at the time, both SHK and I saying that Vince Young was not going to be a good NFL quarterback. Sure enough, he came into the league and proved just that. (After he was benched, revamped his style, worked on some things, and got another shot, he showed that he had more than just ability.) I see the same thing for Tebow. He was a GREAT QB.... in that Florida system. He'll be under center much more, if not almost exclusively, in the NFL. Defenses will be much better/quicker/stronger. He'll have to read them much better. His mechanics will need to be improved (even beyond what he's already done.) Plus, when will he get the chance to step in as a starter? (Or will he?) What will the Broncos do with him until that time? Spot fill-ins? Slot back? Tight end? Special teams? Should prove VERY interested. (If they moved up and spent a 2nd 1st round pick on him, they'll need to do SOMETHING to justify that.)

Secondly, after all the turmoil surrounding Josh McDaniels' first draft as Broncos head coach, doing something like this and jumping back in the spotlight is risky. He pretty much HAS to make this work or his short leash might just snap.

Should be some interesting news coming out of Denver for the foreseeable future.

I agree... It should be interesting in Denver. I just have to wonder if they couldn't have gotten Tebow a lot latter in the draft, maybe in the 2nd or even 3rd round. With Clausen and McCoy hanging around so long you have to wonder if the Broncos may have jumped the gun.

Being a Bronco fan I had feared this would happen since there had been talk a week or so ago about him visiting here and my only thought was that if they did draft him it would be much much later. I really like Colt McCoy and am not sure why they didn't want him instead. Tebow is a proven winner and a good athlete and hopefully over time I'll be proven wrong but right now I'm kind of in shock.

I guess all you guys know something I dont know?? that's all I can say!

He went way too early in my book. Nothing wrong in taking a chance on a guy but why waste a first round pick (albeit a late one) on him? Perhaps they thought with Brady Quinn and Kyle Orton they could afford the time to bring Tebow along slowly? Suspect move. Maybe with Cutler still playing but Orton and Quinn? But what the hell do I know?