EXODUS "Exhibit B: The Human Condition"

TIM (2)

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/-/16/40/-/14145042/Exibit-B-The-Human-Condition/Product.html?searchtype=genre

This comes out in early May and is very high on my shopping list, after the KILLER first disc. Seriously, this band just seem to get better and better & both themselves and Testament easily out-do the so-called "Thrash Big Four" these days IMO. Can't wait for this one... :banger:

I like this band, I saw them live last year and they were fantastic, but I don't hear enough variety in their songs. I might download 2 or 3 tracks after reading reviews and listening to samples, but for me they aren't an album band. (They were playing with Overkill and the gig summed up my opinion. Exodus were as good and maybe better than Overkill in so far as their playing was really tight, they had great energy, but after half an hour I'd had enough of the songs. Whereas Overkill came out, Blitz was completely insane and they belted out classic after classic after classic.)

Will be interested to check out the reviews of this one though.

:beerbang:

I like this band, I saw them live last year and they were fantastic, but I don't hear enough variety in their songs. I might download 2 or 3 tracks after reading reviews and listening to samples, but for me they aren't an album band. (They were playing with Overkill and the gig summed up my opinion. Exodus were as good and maybe better than Overkill in so far as their playing was really tight, they had great energy, but after half an hour I'd had enough of the songs. Whereas Overkill came out, Blitz was completely insane and they belted out classic after classic after classic.)

Will be interested to check out the reviews of this one though.

:beerbang:

Yeah I think they're a tighter live band than Overkill (mainly thanks to Gary Holt who is a massively underrated riff-master) but they're definitely not as charismatic as Overkill appear - largely thanks to Blitz. In terms of old-school bands Exodus will do well to top Overkill's new album, which is totally killer, but I have high hopes as the last 3 Exodus albums have been absolutely awesome. I do think "The Atrocity Exhibition" suffered a little in terms of songs as it was a touch progressive and focused more on riffs/time-changes etc, than the usual verse/chorus song-structure. But it was still the best new album from an old-school thrash band in years IMO, beating even the last (and great) Testament album & definitely beating anything Metallica/Megadeth/Death Angel etc have put out in recent years...

• 2023 Gold Donors

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/-/16/40/-/14145042/Exibit-B-The-Human-Condition/Product.html?searchtype=genre

This comes out in early May and is very high on my shopping list, after the KILLER first disc. Seriously, this band just seem to get better and better & both themselves and Testament easily out-do the so-called "Thrash Big Four" these days IMO. Can't wait for this one... :banger:

Agreed,ive always considered Exodus as upper echleon-first tier thrash period.

• 2 weeks later...

You goddamn right, I'll be getting this! Nuclear Blast actually has a pre-order package available for North America. You get the CD with a bonus track and a slipcase with different artwork, and your choice of two shirts (or both shirts for an extra twelve bucks).

I'm totally onboard with the second coming of Exodus, as each of their three post-millennium albums absolutely slays. I love Overkill, and Ironbound is a great disc, but I thought they stumbled a bit on ReliXIV and Immortalis. And i sing the praises of Testament like everybody else, but just don't find myself listening to them as often as you might think. So Exodus have pretty much assumed the throne as the kings of thrash for me. My only gripe with Exhibit A was that it seemed a lot of the songs were needlessly long, like they were trying to shoe-horn in as many riffs as possible into each one. And as much as I love Steve Souza's voice, Rob Dukes, though kinda generic-sounding, isn't nearly the deterrent I thought he might be.

So yeah ... I'm on it!

• 3 weeks later...

You goddamn right, I'll be getting this! Nuclear Blast actually has a pre-order package available for North America. You get the CD with a bonus track and a slipcase with different artwork, and your choice of two shirts (or both shirts for an extra twelve bucks).

I'm totally onboard with the second coming of Exodus, as each of their three post-millennium albums absolutely slays. I love Overkill, and Ironbound is a great disc, but I thought they stumbled a bit on ReliXIV and Immortalis. And i sing the praises of Testament like everybody else, but just don't find myself listening to them as often as you might think. So Exodus have pretty much assumed the throne as the kings of thrash for me. My only gripe with Exhibit A was that it seemed a lot of the songs were needlessly long, like they were trying to shoe-horn in as many riffs as possible into each one. And as much as I love Steve Souza's voice, Rob Dukes, though kinda generic-sounding, isn't nearly the deterrent I thought he might be.

So yeah ... I'm on it!

I got this one yesterday, and if you generally liked the first "Atrocity Exhibit" disc but would've preferred they ditched the slightly progressive tunes, then this one will be right up your street. Killer riffs, big choruses (including some chanty-style ones, like their early material), and a stunning production job. This and the new OVERKILL are the best old-school thrash discs I've heard in years (though the reformed FORBIDDEN have a new one soon too)...