Billy

Just wondering about a couple of songs I really love, 'Billy' by Blue Murder and 'Billy's Got A Gun' by Def Leppard. Maybe I'm being thick, but I've often wondered if they are based on a real character. Both songs' lyrics talk about someone called Billy, who has a gun, is on the run and it sounds like he's innocent, surely this can't be a coincidence? I was reminded of this when listening to the Mitch Perry Project track, 'Leave It To The Law', the chorus of which goes, "Billy, don't take your gun to school". Probably completely unrelated, but could have something to do with the same Billy...?

Any ideas?

confused.gif

just look at the songs with poor ol Johnny in them. poor guy has had a hard life

Haha. I was thinking the same. I think Johnny just got lucky in these handful of cases because Billy copped it instead of him.

I think we should start drug testing members.. :P

Uh? Am I missing something?

:wacko:

Just kidding James.. :beerbang:

Cool ... it's quite likely that I may have lost the plot, after wine, rum and JD (not all in the same glass! ;) ) and a drunk, abusive wife, anything is possible. If I am being dense, hopefully someone will put me out of my misery soon.

I think we should start drug testing members.. :P

Uh? Am I missing something?

:wacko:

Just kidding James.. :beerbang:

Cool ... it's quite likely that I may have lost the plot, after wine, rum and JD (not all in the same glass! ;) ) and a drunk, abusive wife, anything is possible. If I am being dense, hopefully someone will put me out of my misery soon.

Out of your misery?

You just got here.. I do believe, most of us are in the same boat.. My wife is not abusive, I just don't want to hear her nag about the spending.

Just think of Heavy Harmonies as therapy..

Out of your misery?

You just got here.. I do believe, most of us are in the same boat.. My wife is not abusive, I just don't want to hear her nag about the spending.

Just think of Heavy Harmonies as therapy..

I was joking; my wife can get a bit 'verbal' sometimes when she's had a few glasses of wine, but not often. She nags about the CDs a lot, but I suppose she has a point.

And I meant put me out my misery on the 'Billy' question! :lol:

Agree that HH is therapy though... :beerbang: