Cry Havoc..a British band!

TangoCharlie

These guys evoke memories of the good days when bands would form and record good solid rock albums. They have just released an album.

You have probably heard them, if not, what do you think of CRY HAVOC...

Audio...

http://www.hotdigits.co.uk/audio/mp3/cry_havoc_better_coming.mp3

I cant find out anything else about them, only...

http://www.musicmight.com/artist/united+kingdom/glasgow/glasgow/cry+havoc

Can't open those links, but I'm assuming this is the band that released their 'Fuel that feeds the fire' CD back in 2003? On, was it Chavis Records? Good debut with a couple of really cool songs on it. Are they still around?

Can't open those links, but I'm assuming this is the band that released their 'Fuel that feeds the fire' CD back in 2003? On, was it Chavis Records? Good debut with a couple of really cool songs on it. Are they still around?

I have that disc and I assume it's the same band. I think I found it for $7 used somewhere but I can't remember if I like it or not and I think I've only played it once or twice.

My copy of their second album, "Caught In A Lie," just arrived but haven't listened yet. I liked "Fuel That Feeds The Fire," definitely potential there, but wasn't blown away. The choruses and backing vocals seemed to be lacking a bit IIRC, haven't heard it in awhile. However, I did like them enough to give their second release a go and hope it was money well spent....Jeff.

What's up with the crap production job on the new disc? I actually think the songs are pretty good, and much more consistent than the debut. Still not amazing, and there are far too many songs clocking in at way over 5mins which is another drawback, especially considering the album has 15 songs. So it's a really, really long one. But there are some good tunes on here... just a really shit production job.

These guys evoke memories of the good days when bands would form and record good solid rock albums. They have just released an album.

You have probably heard them, if not, what do you think of CRY HAVOC...

Audio...

http://www.hotdigits.co.uk/audio/mp3/cry_havoc_better_coming.mp

Not bad at all :tumbsup:

Got a bit confused (nothing new about that) but eventually worked out that 'Refuel' is a re-release of the debut. Very cheap on Amazon, and includes the track posted at the start of the thread, which is good, so probably worth a shout. The debut is quite expensive.

More sound samples from the new album here:

myspace cry havoc album