'The Good Wife'

Geoff

Over the summer here in Australia there's been this big ad campaign for the "biggest new show" coming out America, "oh my christ it's brilliant," says on critic, "I gave myself AIDS just to see it!" says another, "I cut off my penis in exhange for the rights to watch this," says on more and so on and so forth. This new show is 'The Good Wife'.

So I watch the previews with my wife and she get's interested and wants to watch it and after seeing the previews I think yeah okay, maybe it looks half decent. Maybe half original - not just another cop/lawyer/crime or hospital show.

WELL FUCK ME WITH A SPADE!!! Ten minutes into watching the first episode last night, what do you know? It's another standard piece of shit crime/lawyer show! Identical to the rest in almost every single conceivable way. Was the false advertising as big for this everywhere as it was here? Not once on all those ads did they indicate in any way at all that this was some dime-a-dozen piece of shit lawyer show. Both my wife and I were watching it completely expecting something else. Haha, what a con. :lol:

I passed on this one and never even gave it an espisode.

I'll stick with exciting stuff like 24, Fringe, Supernatural, Human Target, Bones, SOA, Leverage, V, Flash Forward.

Geoff, you need to see Spartacus: Blood & Sand, if it ever gets shown down there.

Over the summer here in Australia there's been this big ad campaign for the "biggest new show" coming out America, "oh my christ it's brilliant," says on critic, "I gave myself AIDS just to see it!" says another, "I cut off my penis in exhange for the rights to watch this," says on more and so on and so forth. This new show is 'The Good Wife'.

So I watch the previews with my wife and she get's interested and wants to watch it and after seeing the previews I think yeah okay, maybe it looks half decent. Maybe half original - not just another cop/lawyer/crime or hospital show.

WELL FUCK ME WITH A SPADE!!! Ten minutes into watching the first episode last night, what do you know? It's another standard piece of shit crime/lawyer show! Identical to the rest in almost every single conceivable way. Was the false advertising as big for this everywhere as it was here? Not once on all those ads did they indicate in any way at all that this was some dime-a-dozen piece of shit lawyer show. Both my wife and I were watching it completely expecting something else. Haha, what a con. :lol:

My thoughts exactly !!!!!!!!!!

I was another one conned into it........But won't be going back to watch the second or any other episode of it :lame:

I was another one conned into it........But won't be going back to watch the second or any other episode of it :lame:

Yeah, I certainly won't either. I just pray my wife doesn't, but I have a feeling she will as she sometimes likes these kinds of show. :(

Yeah, I certainly won't either. I just pray my wife doesn't, but I have a feeling she will as she sometimes likes these kinds of show. :(

I'm already thinking this is nothing more than a L.A Law remake :lame: