Talks Cheap - s/t

Geoff

shapeimage_5.jpg

Another cool EP release from Demondoll well worth checking out. It's a 7 track EP with 6 songs and an interview with the band on the end. Not as good as Slam Alley or Debbie Ray, but pretty cool for fans of obscure early 90's glam. This one had me hook on image alone. Looking forward to more spins.

I would like to order a couple of cd's from demondoll but my computer keeps messin' up when I go to the web site. Does anyone else have this problem. Ive tried another computer and the same thing happens. Honestly for $8.99 for most cds their probably just good cdrs.

I would like to order a couple of cd's from demondoll but my computer keeps messin' up when I go to the web site. Does anyone else have this problem. Ive tried another computer and the same thing happens. Honestly for $8.99 for most cds their probably just good cdrs.

I think they may have an E-Bay store..I'll see if I can find it for ya.

I think they may have an E-Bay store..I'll see if I can find it for ya.

Nah can't find it...thought I saw either a seller or store called Demondoll or something and remember wondering if they sold on E-Bay as well. Sorry can't help you there.

Hmm, I didn't care for this one. Sounded like a bad version of Pretty Boy Floyd to me. I'm gonna have to stick with Debbie Ray and Slam Alley for now.

They are generally good CDRs... but the higher priced ones are silver-pressed. Either way, they're all good quality.

Yeah Chris, wasn't sure you'd be into this one at all. I prefer the other two easily also.

Cool band. Always liked TALKS CHEAP with Lesli.

Which Demondoll CDs are Silver-Pressed?... Are you sure you don't mean 'Diamond Silver Bottom' CD-R? Was going to order SWINGIN' THING 'The Black List' awhile back but found out it has the barcode of CD POSTER SHOP which does not Replicate (Silver-Press) CDs. They only Duplicate using Silver Bottom CD-Rs according to their site.

So needless to say, I didn't order.

Cool band. Always liked TALKS CHEAP with Lesli.

Which Demondoll CDs are Silver-Pressed?... Are you sure you don't mean 'Diamond Silver Bottom' CD-R? Was going to order SWINGIN' THING 'The Black List' awhile back but found out it has the barcode of CD POSTER SHOP which does not Replicate (Silver-Press) CDs. They only Duplicate using Silver Bottom CD-Rs according to their site.

So needless to say, I didn't order.

Mate, all I know is that my c*nt of a car stereo does not play CDRs anymore (hence why I've had barely any time to listen to the CDs I bought from Demondoll - in fact, still not heard High Wire and Sexcess in their entirety yet) but the Alleycat Scratch and Swingin' Thing CDs played on that c*nt of a stereo just fine.

If they're not silver pressed they're as close as you could humanly get, and they fooled my c*nt of a CD player.

Exactly. My stereos will not play CD-Rs. :gun3:

Yeah, it's definitely a concern. It never used to be a problem for me but now all I know is that I have 3 stereos - 1 in the car and 2 at home - and I cannot play CDRs on two of them. The car stereo and the otherwise excellent Sony stereo upstairs do not play them. Only a crappy little TDK one I have downstairs plays them. It's definitely not cool.

shapeimage_5.jpg

Another cool EP release from Demondoll well worth checking out. It's a 7 track EP with 6 songs and an interview with the band on the end. Not as good as Slam Alley or Debbie Ray, but pretty cool for fans of obscure early 90's glam. This one had me hook on image alone. Looking forward to more spins.

Well I'll be, this finally got out, FYI this disc is made from the cassette tapes that I gave to Jim Paulson, after burning them of course, who loaned them to Les for this release. On the tapes there were a number of versions of these songs and some really pathetic live stuff.

And yes for you 7 ways of Kevin Bacon kind of collectors, Paulson and Saunders from Tramp Alley are in this band and of course Paulson (he is pictured upper right) was in New American Shame to name a few. :)

Culture Shock is probably the best cut, something about the line "got a pink key open's up a green lock!" that still cracks me up.

• 1 month later...