I went to see Stryper last night...

gener8tr

... and a heavy metal show broke out!

Yes, that's right, the same dudes that wore girlish make-up and eyeliner while dressing in their cutsie yellow and black spandex in the 80's is actually a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good live band and they absolutely ROCKED in Portland, Oregon last night (I still can't hear myself think).

If all you heard from Stryper was "Honestly" back in 1986, I can see why you would dispise them (well, maybe not you guys on this site, but you know what I mean). I get it, I really do, but trust me, the band I saw last night was NOT Poison singing "Talk Dirty To Me" not by a long shot!

And lead vocalist / guitarist Michael Sweet is perhaps the best "virtually unknown" frontman I've ever seen... and talk about a serious guitar player... you know how some people talk about Prince's genius? Sweet is one of the best I've heard, and I've heard just about all of them in my time.

Truth be told, I only went to see the band last night as a buddy of mine the past 30 years was a big fan back in the day and he bought the tickets, so I had no expectations at all. Well, me and another buddy of mine who went with us (whose favorite band is Savatage) came away saying "I never knew they rocked like that" and "I just witnessed the best heavy metal show I've seen the past decade."

INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Sounds like a great show and I am glad you came to your senses and discovered what a talanted hard rock band Stryper is. :christmas:

I hope they tool up the I-5 to Seattle, I would love to see them again. Saw them in 86' on the Soldiers tour with Bloodgood and the Stryper set was amazing!

Sounds like a great show and I am glad you came to your senses and discovered what a talanted hard rock band Stryper is. :christmas:

I hope they tool up the I-5 to Seattle, I would love to see them again. Saw them in 86' on the Soldiers tour with Bloodgood and the Stryper set was amazing!

Dude, they were in Seattle Sunday night. Sorry, man, you missed an incredible gig!

Dude, they were in Seattle Sunday night. Sorry, man, you missed an incredible gig!

Awww shit!

Fucking growing up and family and not being in the scene anymore... :(:)

Stryper have "always" been known to put on a top show!

This is one band I am hoping to see in 2010 :beerbang:

What, in Australia? Is this meant to happen?