NFL Coverage in your area?

Leykis101

I'm kind of interested, living in a non NFL market, I find it confusing and oftenly irritating, why the local Fox NFC affiliate, feels the need to weekly, without fail, show a Giants, Redskins, and or Cowboys game, now I'm not trying to offend any fans of those teams, but what I can assure u of, is that I know a couple cowboy fans, and that's it, those teams have absolutly zero relevance to anything going on in this area of the country! the primary teams in Utah are the Doncos and 49ers! some Charger and Raider fans, a few Seahawk fans, maybe a Cardinal fan or 2, but to show these teams week in and week out, I almost get nausiated seeing their jerseys, anybody else in non NFL markets have to deal with this?

Having lived in Illinois, Colorado and now Wyoming the Cowboys seem to get shown pretty much everywhere if their playing. I'm not sure why but for some reason networks think that their America's team and always show them. I never got the Broncos(my fav team) back in Illinois unless they were the national game but we were always stuck with the Cowboys, Rams, Bears and Chiefs. It really wasn't until the last several years that the Colts were getting played on a regular basis in the southern part of Illinois at least.

I'm almost to the point where I'm going to call the local fox affiliate, and let out some agression, I think any team being played on a weekly basis is bullshit, I'd just as soon watch todays Browns/Lions game that was a nail biter and dramatic, then the action packed Cowgirls/Deadskins 7-6 knuckle dragger! I'm interested Heaven/Hell, what games did they show today in Wyoming, surely your in Doncos heaven? they play every week in Utah! by the way I didn't know u liked Denver, my condolences, they may as well blindfolded a 90year old and stuck him in at QB, Chris Simms was absolutely the most horrendous QB I ever watched play for the Bucs, think about that for a second, he is just terrible! so I feel for you!

I'm almost to the point where I'm going to call the local fox affiliate, and let out some agression, I think any team being played on a weekly basis is bullshit, I'd just as soon watch todays Browns/Lions game that was a nail biter and dramatic, then the action packed Cowgirls/Deadskins 7-6 knuckle dragger! I'm interested Heaven/Hell, what games did they show today in Wyoming, surely your in Doncos heaven? they play every week in Utah! by the way I didn't know u liked Denver, my condolences, they may as well blindfolded a 90year old and stuck him in at QB, Chris Simms was absolutely the most horrendous QB I ever watched play for the Bucs, think about that for a second, he is just terrible! so I feel for you!

Simms has been just plain horrible so far. In his defense he has barely had any time with the first time but even as a backup he is no longer serviceable. I didn't expect much this season to be honest after the Cutler fiasco and the firing of Shanahan but with a 6-0 start they gave me false hope and deep down I knew better than to believe in it to much. The game that they've lost in the last 4 that kills me is the Washington game last week since they were kicking their butt early and then after Orton went down Sims goes 3-13 with 13 yards. At 6-4 I'm still suprised but their defense is starting to wear down after the great start and week to week we don't know what were going to get from the running game although Moreno leads all rookies in rushing and looks to be a good player for years to come. It comes down to Orton staying healthy but even when he is they have trouble stretching the field on a consistent basis. Most teams know that if you stop our run you win the game. It's that simple.

To answer your question the games I got today was Cowboys-Redskins & Ravens-Colts(I was suprised to get this one instead of the usual Chiefs game) and then we got the Broncos-Chargers for our only late game on CBS.

Simms has been just plain horrible so far. In his defense he has barely had any time with the first time but even as a backup he is no longer serviceable. I didn't expect much this season to be honest after the Cutler fiasco and the firing of Shanahan but with a 6-0 start they gave me false hope and deep down I knew better than to believe in it to much. The game that they've lost in the last 4 that kills me is the Washington game last week since they were kicking their butt early and then after Orton went down Sims goes 3-13 with 13 yards. At 6-4 I'm still suprised but their defense is starting to wear down after the great start and week to week we don't know what were going to get from the running game although Moreno leads all rookies in rushing and looks to be a good player for years to come. It comes down to Orton staying healthy but even when he is they have trouble stretching the field on a consistent basis. Most teams know that if you stop our run you win the game. It's that simple.

To answer your question the games I got today was Cowboys-Redskins & Ravens-Colts(I was suprised to get this one instead of the usual Chiefs game) and then we got the Broncos-Chargers for our only late game on CBS.

Interesting, are your affiliates out of Wyoming? or Utah? cause those were our exact same games, only we don't ever get chiefs games, usually Patriots! since Utah is known for such a large Patriots fan base!

And by the way, it wont matter if Simms works out with the first team, the second team, or the drill team! the longer he plays the worst he will get! I hope it's not bad Karma, but one of the most exciting and happy days in my football history was when I heard he was fucked up internally, I mean personally I didnt wish him harm, but as a Bucs fan who had to suffer through 1. Gruden, 2. Grudens Coaching and 3. Grudens Quarterback Selections, watching him start nearly every game all year, and never progress, it was time for the next fantastic gruden QB pick, who was it? I believe Bruce Gratowski, the guy that actually played well for the Raiders today, do you think he played well, or Jablackass Russell was just so terrible, any QB wouldve looked good playing for the Raiders today?

Interesting, are your affiliates out of Wyoming? or Utah? cause those were our exact same games, only we don't ever get chiefs games, usually Patriots! since Utah is known for such a large Patriots fan base!

And by the way, it wont matter if Simms works out with the first team, the second team, or the drill team! the longer he plays the worst he will get! I hope it's not bad Karma, but one of the most exciting and happy days in my football history was when I heard he was fucked up internally, I mean personally I didnt wish him harm, but as a Bucs fan who had to suffer through 1. Gruden, 2. Grudens Coaching and 3. Grudens Quarterback Selections, watching him start nearly every game all year, and never progress, it was time for the next fantastic gruden QB pick, who was it? I believe Bruce Gratowski, the guy that actually played well for the Raiders today, do you think he played well, or Jablackass Russell was just so terrible, any QB wouldve looked good playing for the Raiders today?

You or I would be an improvement over Jamarcus Russell. :rofl2:

Living in South Dakota we get the Vikings game (obviously) and then usually the Broncos game or the Packers game if they are playing an AFC opponent.

Living in Southern Ontario all we seem to get are the freakin' Bills. It's usually the AFC East teams we seem see most often.

Living in Southern Ontario all we seem to get are the freakin' Bills. It's usually the AFC East teams we seem see most often.

How does the CFL work on tv up there? is it pretty popular? ive always been interested as! it's the only other country that plays Football? that I know of, if anybody knows if they play this form of Football in any other country, im very interested!

We have NFL on channel ONE sports channel here now. Its nice to give the tv a rest...

No Shit!! so Aussies watch the NFL?? I really didnt think it was liked anywhere but here and Canada, I mean I don't think the NFL Europe did very well.

How does the CFL work on tv up there? is it pretty popular? ive always been interested as! it's the only other country that plays Football? that I know of, if anybody knows if they play this form of Football in any other country, im very interested!

Over the past decade the CFL is going real strong. Back in the early 90's they tried expanding to the States, that was a total failure. we only have 8 teams spead out across our vast country but rivalries are easily created when you meet 2-3 times a year. Next week is out championship, the Grey Cup, Montreal vs Saskatchewan, the two top teams in their divisions this past season.

As for the TV coverage, the sports channel TSN, the Canadian equivilent to ESPN plays every single regular season and playoff game. So we get great coverage, no local blackouts, since most games are sell outs anyways.

I enjoy both the NFL and the CFL, the CFL is more pass friendly, no choice with only 3 downs and not 4 like the NFL. The score can aften hit fairy high numbers, yet nothing like the basketball like scores of Arena Football.

Over the past decade the CFL is going real strong. Back in the early 90's they tried expanding to the States, that was a total failure. we only have 8 teams spead out across our vast country but rivalries are easily created when you meet 2-3 times a year. Next week is out championship, the Grey Cup, Montreal vs Saskatchewan, the two top teams in their divisions this past season.

As for the TV coverage, the sports channel TSN, the Canadian equivilent to ESPN plays every single regular season and playoff game. So we get great coverage, no local blackouts, since most games are sell outs anyways.

I enjoy both the NFL and the CFL, the CFL is more pass friendly, no choice with only 3 downs and not 4 like the NFL. The score can aften hit fairy high numbers, yet nothing like the basketball like scores of Arena Football.

so do you guys have football programs in your high schools?

Bigger highschools have football programs. It's pretty popular around here. We also have city leagues and University football, no bowls, just the Canadian (CIS) championship called the Vanier Cup. I draw the line at watching Canadian university football. The games are usually boring because the TV broadcasts usually seem so budget. I'd rather watch American college football anyday versus the CIS stuff.

Bigger highschools have football programs. It's pretty popular around here. We also have city leagues and University football, no bowls, just the Canadian (CIS) championship called the Vanier Cup. I draw the line at watching Canadian university football. The games are usually boring because the TV broadcasts usually seem so budget. I'd rather watch American college football anyday versus the CIS stuff.

Dude! be careful, especially if you have a college team in where you live or that you root for, id take low budget tv production anyday! at least the REAL!!! best teams play for the Vanier Cup? im sure, your never left wondering if your alma mater or favorite team was the best in the country, only because of some oversight and a bunch of greedy suits, you can never do anything but wonder, dude, college sports are the greatest! I think this is 100% in basketball, but it applies to any sport, the kids play their fucking balls off, work hard, and are dedicated! in hopes of moving to the next level(where they get paid disgusting amount of cash, and in turn figure they'll only give 50% or less in playing level) but american college football is high production tv, and that only matters if your team happens to be in the SEC, ACC, Big 10, or PAC 10! dude I get so fucking sick of turning on sports center and hearing Tim Tebow, or Colt Mccoy, im glad Sam Bradford got hurt, but even after he got hurt they talked about him being hurt, for weeks after, im also glad to see USC doing so well, it's nice to not have to hear about them for once! but Id take CIS anyday, im not bitter, it is really aggravating, as the team where I live has been fucked twice, and this year what I believe is the most powerful team in the country, will never get the chance to prove it, for no other reason then they arent in a BCS Conference! instead 2 teams that do not deserve it, will be playing for the National Championship! dude TCU would steamroll anyone in the country! just like Utah could have last year, and in 2004! I don't buy into Boisie St, they got beat by TCU in their bowl game last year, you figure they wouldnt be bitching and complaining after not winning their last bowl game? so be glad, and just because the tv coverage is low production, doesnt mean the product is! i bet it's not!

If you search around on justin tv or similar sites you can usually find a live feed for most NFL games.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

If you search around on justin tv or similar sites you can usually find a live feed for most NFL games.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Sure. That's how I watch most of the time, because the Dolphins are never televised in my market. The only thing is that the NFL is also looking for those live feeds, and shut them down once in a while, so you may need to switch feeds once or twice to make it all the way through a game.