Los Angeles - 'Neverland'

Geoff

kd3a81.jpg

Another new album due on 4th of December... and I have to say this one is impressive! Contrary to the debut, most these songs are written by Luppi and Fabrizio Grossi this time round. And the band is a lot better for it. I was one of the few who did enjoy the debut, but this one is MUCH better.

I thought this Luppi fella had dropped the ball with that awful Killing Touch CD this year, but he more than makes up for it here. His vocals are still only okay at best and heavily accented, but the songs are excellent. A real surprise for me, to be honest.

Track List

01. Neverland

02. Nothing to Hide

03. City of Angels

04. Promises

05. Wait For You

06. Nowhere To Run

07. Tonight Tonight

08. Higher Love

09. Living Inside

10. Welcome To My Life

11. Paradise

I hope the new Los Angeles disc is a lot better than the first one, which was patchy at best. Grossi is involved again, so I don't hold out much hope, as I haven't heard one single decent, consistent disc that he has touched as of yet. We shall see.

I hope the new Los Angeles disc is a lot better than the first one, which was patchy at best. Grossi is involved again, so I don't hold out much hope, as I haven't heard one single decent, consistent disc that he has touched as of yet. We shall see.

Yeah I don't know mate, I was pretty impressed. Songs seemed consistently good but this also sounded really good too. And I usually agree his projects sound a little average. Admittedly, I've only spun it once so far but for something I wasn't expecting too much from, it definitely exceeded expectations.

kd3a81.jpg

Another new album due on 4th of December... and I have to say this one is impressive! Contrary to the debut, most these songs are written by Luppi and Fabrizio Grossi this time round. And the band is a lot better for it. I was one of the few who did enjoy the debut, but this one is MUCH better.

I thought this Luppi fella had dropped the ball with that awful Killing Touch CD this year, but he more than makes up for it here. His vocals are still only okay at best and heavily accented, but the songs are excellent. A real surprise for me, to be honest.

Track List

01. Neverland

02. Nothing to Hide

03. City of Angels

04. Promises

05. Wait For You

06. Nowhere To Run

07. Tonight Tonight

08. Higher Love

09. Living Inside

10. Welcome To My Life

11. Paradise

Ive only just got the debut. Solid album, which you only buy for Luppi and ignore the Denander aor project whore guy. It still didnt compete with the Khymeras and Place Vendomes etc though...

And Geoffy emo... Killing Touch is a great album! Luppi just plain goes off! But then again there is nothing on it for you.

I bought the first one. Meaning that I've learnt from my past mistakes and won't be buying this one!

I will definitely get it as I am spinning the s/t for the "x"th time and I think it is fookin' great. Tastes differ as we know ! :tumbsup:

And Geoffy emo... Killing Touch is a great album! Luppi just plain goes off! But then again there is nothing on it for you.

Not entirely true. 'Falling away' was surprisingly awesome with a delightful riff... but the rest of the CD was as melodic as a tree and the songs excited me as much as anal surgery. I hate that style of music so much it hurts.

• 7 years later...

Surprisingly I ended up preferring the debut, but these two were both pretty solid discs.