Lynn Allen - 'Nine'

Geoff

Well, looks like the guys didn't waste any time after the release of the impressive 'And the horse you rode in on' from a couple of years ago. New album is already out!

I'm about halfway through and, as you'd expect, it's Lynn Allen to a T. No surprises, just good, solid, reliable melodic rock. Enjoyable songs so far and I think it might even be stronger than the last CD. You can always rely on these guys for a good CD. :)

Only problem I can ever see anyone having with these guys is how repetitive they sometimes get towards the end of a tune. :lol:

Check them out on myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/lynnallen1

But the album here:

http://www.lynnallen.com/discography/nine/nine_cd.htm

Or MP3's here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/LynnAllen

Music sounds good as most of their music and songs have been in the past. But, the lyric sample of 'Quicksand' is off-putting and skip-track-putting.

'...Give Me Something To Munch On...' :lame:

:lol: Dude, you really need to lighten up when it comes to rock lyrics. You do realise you're on a "hair metal" / glam / AOR forum, don't you? If you're looking for high calibre lyrics not sure you're in the right place. ;) Everytime you make a comment like that it discounts about 1,000 other bands here.

Has anyone purchased any of the first 3 Lynn Allen albums from their website? I'm just wondering if they're good quality pressings or cheap/dodgy re-prints. I E-mailed the band months ago asking if they were silver pressed CD's but never got a reply.

The only Lynn Allen album I own is Petrified Ice Cream, I haven't heard anything else from them.

What's the collector's boxed set like? Worth geting?

:lol: Dude, you really need to lighten up when it comes to rock lyrics. You do realise you're on a "hair metal" / glam / AOR forum, don't you? If you're looking for high calibre lyrics not sure you're in the right place. ;) Everytime you make a comment like that it discounts about 1,000 other bands here.

Was unaware of this. As I am only here to promote my company, answer a few insane questions.... and disagree with your responses 99.95% of the time. :P

Was unaware of this. As I am only here to promote my company, answer a few insane questions.... and disagree with your responses 99.95% of the time. :P

Looking forward to this CD !

Has anyone purchased any of the first 3 Lynn Allen albums from their website? I'm just wondering if they're good quality pressings or cheap/dodgy re-prints. I E-mailed the band months ago asking if they were silver pressed CD's but never got a reply.

The only Lynn Allen album I own is Petrified Ice Cream, I haven't heard anything else from them.

What's the collector's boxed set like? Worth geting?

I can't speak from experience mate. I haven't actually bought any of their CDs from their website. I don't want to start vicious rumours, but if my memory serves I think there was a thread here once that spoke of the older CDs on the site being CDRs?

I've been lucky enough to track down most their originals (I think the only one I'm missing is 'Panorama Park' which I only have as a CDR) but maybe one day I'll buy it from the site and check it out.

While we're on the band, I'll be interested to hear what others think. If you ask me, I reckon these last two CDs are arguably their most consistent yet. Great stuff.

Where's the 0.05% when you do agree? :P

Guest Billy Peiffer
Yes you are correct! The CD's you buy on our site are CDR's. While we wish they were stamped it just isn't feasible for us to spend the money. Not that the fans aren't worth it! With pirating as bad as it is today the costs of having CD's manufactured would really put us in a hole. It's kind of a slap to the band and the consumer at the same time. Most people that actually buy CD's would rather have a stamped CD. If they are not available then whats to stop them from downloading the entire project and just burning it themselves? On our end there are a bunch of people doing just that anyway. So we are forced to burn them and save the money by not getting stuck with a pile of expensive table savers.

The new CD "Nine" was available for illegal download just hours after we released it. We didn't even seek out a record Company to release the new CD because of that very reason. I sent a single to Retrospect because I was looking for a little feedback. Other than that this release is only available by us thru our website and for download at the legal sites. We do have some in the local stores in Illinois but that is it.

I just wanted to drop a line to say thanks for the kind words and the support! Geoff, Sorry about not getting back to you I try to answer all of my mail sometimes things get lost in the shuffle over here! I don't know if I have any original stamped CD's of Panorama around here but if I do I'll let you know and ship one to ya!

Thanks for listening!

Billy Peiffer L.A.

Haha, now that's was a name I know! Nice to see you here, Billy. Just want to say thanks for the great tunes and I hope you keep it up! A new Lynn Allen CD is always a very welcome suprise. :)

• 7 years later...

This one was very nice.

Yes it is, love me some Lynn Allen. Every time they release an album you know you won't be disappointed.

Fact. Super consistent band.