Lita Ford - Wicked Wonderland

T-BONE

Not too bad I guess.... What's with all the one word song titles?

A new track from Lita Ford, entitled "Crave", is available for free download at this location (ZIP file). The song comes off Lita's first new studio album in 14 years, "Wicked Wonderland", which is scheduled for release in Europe on October 2 via earMUSIC/Edel. The set will be issued in the U.S. on October 6 through Lita's own JLRG Entertainment label as a regular CD and limited-edition vinyl with different artwork (see below).

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Love

02. Piece

03. Crave

04. Scream

05. Sacred

06. Wicked Wonderland

07. Indulge

08. Patriotic Snob

09. Everything

10. Inside

11. Truth

12. Betrayal

13. Bed

14. Garden

15. Push

16. Indulge (Remix)

17. Scream (Remix)

"It's harder and sexier than anything I've ever done," says Lita of the record, which was co-produced by Ford, her husband and former NITRO singer Jim Gillette, and Greg Hampton, the songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer known for his work with ALICE COOPER, his band SCIENCE FAXTION (with Bootsy Collins and Buckethead and Brain from GUNS N' ROSES) and other rock notables. Lita is backed on the record by drummer Stet Howland, formerly of W.A.S.P., Hampton on bass, rhythm guitar and keyboards, Gillette on background vocals, and its vivid cover art is by ROB ZOMBIE bassist and solo artist Piggy D.

The songs brim with a passionate adult eroticism and über-hard rock sound highlighted by Lita's trademark searing guitar riffs. The album includes a keen and timely slice of social commentary on "Patriotic SOB", sexy rave-ups like "Piece (Hell Yeah)", duets with Gillette on numbers like the aptly titled "Indulge", and "Betrayal", which will be featured in the upcoming video game Brütal Legend, in which Lita also voices one of the characters alongside Jack Black, Lemmy Kilmister of MOTÖRHEAD and Rob Halford of JUDAS PRIEST. The recordings find her rocking, playing and singing with an amped-up fury and power like never before that's also informed by her personal growth as a wife and mother as well as legendary rocker.

After Lita and Gillette married, she left her stiletto heels on the stage and moved to a large home on a deserted Caribbean island and devoted her life to raising the couple's two sons, who she has also home schooled. At the urging of her friends like Dee Snider of TWISTED SISTER, devoted fans and even her sons, both of them budding musicians, Lita now reclaims her place as the First Lady of Heavy Metal with an album sure to thrill her many followers and win her new listeners with music that's more fiery and assured than ever before.

Lita Ford will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Wednesday, October 7 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with Lita by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625).

LP Artwork

lita_lp.jpg

CD Artwork

lita_wicked_cd.jpg

• 2 months later...

Lita obviously doing here what she does best because going by these reviews, Wicked Wonderland ain't to good at all :whistle:

litaford3.jpglitaford4.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members' opinions post your opinion

Latka (on 22/11/09)

What the hell was she drinking?!?

banaan (on 21/11/09)

What the hell was she thinking?!?

CL (on 21/11/09)

This is by far the worst album of the year. Let's all listen to the "Lita" album instead of this utter rubbish.

katsui (on 19/11/09)

bitch!!! return maaaadafakar...

angel heart (on 19/11/09)

what a strange album !!!!

not my cup of tea. c'on you could be better Lita.

HIBA (on 16/11/09)

If Lita wants to tell us 'bout her exciting sex-life, well, than make a movie. Don't bore us with this.

WOLF 359 (on 14/11/09)

I was sent a review copy of this for Fireworks. I sent it back.

Why can't we give zero stars ?.

guitarman (on 13/11/09)

Very bad!!!!!

Modulator (on 13/11/09)

GARBAGE!!!

Metalrob4662 (on 10/11/09)

I listened to 3 tracks and almost threw up...worst album of the year

astonbob (on 9/11/09)

kidding me????

Metal Mark (on 9/11/09)

This is the worst CD of the year hands-down. What the hell was/is Lita thinking? Complete crap...I can't state that enough. No good guitar, her hubby Jim Gillette is the most overrated waste of voice ever, techno-samples that sound ridiculous...I threw the damn thing acrossed the room half way through it. Picked it up to try to finish it....Lita shoulda paid me!

magenta (on 9/11/09)

Horrible!

HAHA! Nice. Glad to see I'm not the only one calling it the worst CD of the year, which sadly it is by a ballpark. BTW, those pictures are about as sexually enticing as a TV falling on my face from 5 levels high.

There were some "ok" moments on this release, but all in all, it's crap. Too much digital noises, voice changer thingies, electronic drums etc...

I'm not even gonna spend a minute contemplating me contemplating listening to 29 second samples.

Best decision you ever made.

Maybe she is trying to sound modern with this new album.

After listening the first song (crave a month ago) I stopped listen the whole thing, now I'm listening the whole album.

From the comments I expect something worst than this.

She must come back to the melodic sound of Lita , dangerous curves and stiletto.This is what she do better.

Maybe she has been influenced from chines democracy, arrrggghhh bad bad thing.

In patriotic sob they stole a verse from Vince Neil-sister of pain.

We can hear Jilette in many songs, he really changed his look, Lita stills hot after all those years.

The cover is nice and interesting.

Hard for me listen a second time to this strange sound.