Glen

Well we all listened to 'All Over Me' and said 'yeah its good but dont hold your breath cos all their old stuff is average!'

Well.........have a listen to the new ballad and think again, Awesome stuff.

http://tunelab.com/2009/08/26/listen-to-de...-late/#comments

& you can remind yourself of the great 'All Over Me' at their myspace page -

http://www.myspace.com/defaultcanada

If they can keep up this quality this could be a killer album!

Cheers

Well we all listened to 'All Over Me' and said 'yeah its good but dont hold your breath cos all their old stuff is average!'

Cheers

Awesome!!

ok i read that title of the thread and went "Default... yeh right... theyre as bland as they get. destined to be a 2nd rate modern rock band".

has something changed?

did you listen to it ??

ok i read that title of the thread and went "Default... yeh right... theyre as bland as they get. destined to be a 2nd rate modern rock band".

has something changed?

did you listen to it ??

nope

your loss mate

Not bad but this style of music is not really my cup of tea.....

Wasting My Time was a great track from this band :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers

Awesome!!

Wowser, very nice! Man, if they can keep this up for a full album they'll find themselves in the winner's circle. Love it.

Cheers

Awesome!!

Wowser, very nice! Man, if they can keep this up for a full album they'll find themselves in the winner's circle. Love it.

its a very cool ballad eh! Looking forward to hearing the full release.............

Fantastic track!! I love this guy's voice so I liked most of what they had...But this is exquisite!!

This is more a question than a statement because I dont get enough time to listen to all the newer bands...but from what I've heard...don't a lot of them write these "oh how I miss you" "the memory of you" "our relationship is over" "goodbye makes me cry" type of songs?

When I do turn on the local rock channel (and I don't do it that often) it seems there a ton of Nickeback clone melodic "lost my girlfriend" songs....sort of like the country equivalent of the dog died or the pickup truck got stolen.

And for you Nickleback fans, I am not ripping them, I like some of their stuff. How You Remind Me is a great tune...but like I said above.

Thoughts?

This is more a question than a statement because I dont get enough time to listen to all the newer bands...but from what I've heard...don't a lot of them write these "oh how I miss you" "the memory of you" "our relationship is over" "goodbye makes me cry" type of songs?

When I do turn on the local rock channel (and I don't do it that often) it seems there a ton of Nickeback clone melodic "lost my girlfriend" songs....sort of like the country equivalent of the dog died or the pickup truck got stolen.

And for you Nickleback fans, I am not ripping them, I like some of their stuff. How You Remind Me is a great tune...but like I said above.

Thoughts?

EVERY rock era has these types of songs. There are literally tons of them. Remember the 80's when every hair band had a killer ballad? Some were great, some just good and some just plain sucked. These types of ballads just touch a chord in people. But in general I agree with your statement/question.

Yeah mate, I see your point but it's nothing that you guys wouldn't have experienced when 80's rock was alive and well in the charts. All those Bon Jovi, Poison, Warrant, Def Leppard ballads are often about past relationships gone wrong. If you look at any of the CDs in question, inclucing Nickelback, Default, Hinder and whatever band you refer to, just like with those 80's bands, it is not the theme across the entire CD. Usually just one or two songs.

It's just that it's these type of songs that whoever choses the singles always go for. No fault of the bands, past or present. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Track by track:

1.“Turn It On” ; average opener, but immediately a noticably livelier band. Production sounds a million dollars, some nice guitar and a bit of a solo. As I said, not a great song at all but better than a lot of what they've done in the past and a promising start.

2.“All Over Me” ; great stuff. No doubt the best song they have recorded up until this point. Possibly the closest to an uptempo song they've ever come. :lol: Killer chorus.

3.“Little Too Late” ; their best song, that is, until this one. Great modern rock ballad, even if it's as original as a sock.

4.“Goodbye” ; not bad, but pretty average modern rock tune.

5.“Show Me” ; another pretty average, but not bad track. Okay.

6.“Hold Onto You” ; good song. I like the chorus a lot. One of the stronger songs.

7.“Comes and Goes” ; no doubt at all that the choruses are the highlight here. Another pretty average tune, but a good, strong chorus.

8.“Supposed To Be” ; pretty good. Builds nicely, but the chorus is a little gay.

9.“Caught in the Moment” ; another good chorus. Unfortunately by now they've kind of fallen into the old slow tempo groove over the majority of this CD. I do like this chorus, though.

10.“Fascination” ; okay, so I'm a broken record but again, average verses and a great chorus. Shame.

11.“Yesterday’s Song” ; average closer.

So, overall this is pretty much like any other Default album. A good song or two, but overall not that great. I will give them credit, though, for some very well written choruses. It's a shame they don't write full songs, though. Their best album so far, no doubt, but not a contender at all this year, imo.