The Jones Gang - Any Day Now (2005)

JC_AOR

I'm very late to the party on this one, This arrived today and I'm playing it for the first time now. Absolutely wonderful melodic/pop-rock/blues/AOR album. Looking around on the net is seems pretty well known and has lots of great reviews. For those who haven't heard of it, it features Kenney Jones (Small Faces/The Who/The Law), Rick Wills (Peter Frampton/Roxy Music/Small Faces/Bryan Ferry/David Glimour/Foreigner/Bad Co), Robert Hart (The Distance/Bad Co/Company Of Snakes).

Any other fans? I'm really loving this one. 'Angel' and 'Six To Midnight' are my favs after the first spin. 4 years ago now, I hope there will be a second album from them.

cover.jpg

The Jones Gang on MySpace

Samples can be heard at CD Baby

EDIT...I just read that 'Angel' is actually a single from Robert Harts 1992 solo album, I think I have that album somewhere, will have to check it out.

Yep I love this disc. Excellent underrated album. Robert Hart is one of my fav singers. Fantastic album indeed.

Good disc with some nice tunes. Both Robert Hart's solo albums are really good aswell if you can find them (I still haven't tracked down his first one 'Cries And Whispers'). Don't forget the excellent Distance album 'Under One Sky'' he did aswell, which is well worth a spin or three.

when that one came out I thought it was great and listened a million times, thanks, I gotta pull that out again!!!

Don't forget the excellent Distance album 'Under One Sky'' he did aswell, which is well worth a spin or three.

omg yes ! Terrific album ! Imho a classic AOR CD (btw incredible bass lines on this album)

You may also wanna grab the Burglar soundtrack, where they (Robert Hart & DISTANCE) performed 2 really good songs.

Great music !

You may hear one of them here:

Wow thank you ! I didn't know this soundtrack. Excellent. I must find a copy, thank you so much for the information ! :beerbang:

I'm a massive Robert Hart fan. When the Jones Gang CD was only released in the USA, I tracked down a kindly American to buy me a copy and post it across, he was into Eyehategod etc, never lived it down with his mates!

IMO, the self titled solo disc is much better than Cries & Whispers. Included on that is some of the most sublime AOR of all time IMO. I traded the Distance album away years ago because I just couldn't get on with it. May try to track it down again!

His work with Bad Company showed Rogers up for the wasted talent he has become IMO. Company Of Strangers is a marvellous album.

Man I wish this thread had come up earlier. I just picked the Jones Gang CD up for something like $2.37 from Secondspin (postage included) and they've had that The Distance CD there for ages but I always passed on it. Sure enough, it's gone now. :(

• 7 years later...

Man I wish this thread had come up earlier. I just picked the Jones Gang CD up for something like $2.37 from Secondspin (postage included) and they've had that The Distance CD there for ages but I always passed on it. Sure enough, it's gone now. sad.gif

Not sure what I mean by this post, but I really don't like this album at all. 'The time of your life' is an okay tune, I pretty much hate the rest.