Low down & in THE DIRT!

& then

• 2023 Gold Donors

It looks as if there's a movie in the works?......

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800325/

Plot: The story of how Mötley Crüe came to be one of the most notorious rock 'n roll groups in history.

Val Kilmer ... David Lee Roth (rumored)

Christopher Walken ... Ozzy Osbourne (rumored)

Chris Walken is gonna act as Ozzy? :crazy:

IMDB sez the release date is 2011.... yeah, sure. We'll be lucky if we ever see this flick... it's been tied up in development Hell for several years now. When the Crue were on Larry King last year, Sixx said that though MTV Films still has the rights to the property, it's been on the back burner there for several years now and at the moment it seems unlikely that it'll ever get made.

Quote from Larry Charles (director of "Borat") who was at one time attached to direct the "Dirt" movie but is no longer involved in the project:

“…Motley Crüe is a crappy band but [author and maverick Neil Strauss] wrote a really epic book about them. It’s really fascinating. What’s good about it is how hardcore it is. They’ve killed people, they’ve hurt people, they’ve crippled people, they’ve done all kinds of crazy things. You’d have to show that for real and I think there was a little bit of reticence [on the part of the studio] about doing that ultimately. But for me, I would do it if it could be done the proper way. If it’s going to be sanitized then they don’t need me to do it. They could find somebody else to do that.”

...he's got a point. That book is so filthy that there is really no way it could be filmed "as-is" without getting an X rating.

I betcha if it ever does get made, it'll get watered down, re-written numerous times, and be passed farther and farther down the production food chain until eventually VH1 gets hold of it and turns it into one of their godawful low budget made-for-TV movies ala "Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story" that no one will watch.

From June of 2008. MTV's been dragging their feet since '06. I wouldn't start lining up outside your local multiplex anytime soon.

Motley Crue slam MTV over 'Dirt'

Friday, June 20 2008, 7:50am EDT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx has hit out at MTV for stalling production on The Dirt, a biopic on the metal veterans.

The group reached a deal with MTV Films/Paramount in 2006 to turn their best-selling autobiography into a movie but have been unable to generate momentum for the project.

Sixx told Reuters: "We're trying to get them out of the way to make this movie that should have been made a long time ago.

"MTV has become bogged down in its own way. It's a channel that used to be hip and has now actually become unhip. We signed with them because we believed they were right, but they haven't come to the table. We need to find the right partner. They are not the right partner."

• 2023 Gold Donors
From June of 2008. MTV's been dragging their feet since '06. I wouldn't start lining up outside your local multiplex anytime soon.

Motley Crue slam MTV over 'Dirt'

Friday, June 20 2008, 7:50am EDT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx has hit out at MTV for stalling production on The Dirt, a biopic on the metal veterans.

The group reached a deal with MTV Films/Paramount in 2006 to turn their best-selling autobiography into a movie but have been unable to generate momentum for the project.

Sixx told Reuters: "We're trying to get them out of the way to make this movie that should have been made a long time ago.

"MTV has become bogged down in its own way. It's a channel that used to be hip and has now actually become unhip. We signed with them because we believed they were right, but they haven't come to the table. We need to find the right partner. They are not the right partner."

Ok, once someone gets MTV outta the way, maybe it will get done......but done right and/or watchable is another thing! :blink:

Keef, if you are the casting director who would you cast in the lead roles (w/o the obvious choices, of course)? Also, who would you want as director? Dirt sounds good as the title......perhaps best suited for a cable channel tho, then it wouldn't need to be edited up the ying yang! ;)

Keef, if you are the casting director who would you cast in the lead roles (w/o the obvious choices, of course)? Also, who would you want as director? Dirt sounds good as the title......perhaps best suited for a cable channel tho, then it wouldn't need to be edited up the ying yang! ;)

Good question... I'd say you'd have to go with some unknowns... having "name" actors portraying icons like Ozzy and DLR so forth just wouldn't work ...

I actually watched that Def Leppard movie on VH1 a few years back.. Man am I glad I didn't pay anything for it..... :whistle:

The Def Leppard movie was entertaining in a cheesy, made-for-TV kind of way... but it ain't a classic by any means...

When VH1 went through that bout of homemade "Movies That Rock" a few years back and made a whole bunch of their own flicks, the only one that was worth a sh*t was "Warning: Parental Advisory," about the PMRC hearings in '85. Anyone seen that? Dee Snider played himself, Mariel Hemingway played Tipper Gore. Jason Priestley (of "90210" fame) played a lobbyist in Washington who got caught up in the midst of the PMRC brou-ha-ha without really meaning to. It's worth seeing just for the re-creation of the famous PMRC senate debate in which some hysterical anti-rock suit and tie type reads the lyrics to the Mentors' "Golden Shower" aloud in the halls of Congress!!! (If only El Duce had lived long enuff to see his song immortalized in such a fashion...) :rofl:

For some odd reason VH1 released the Def Leppard movie on DVD but never did anything with "Warning: Parental Advisory," which is a shame cuz I'd like to see it again....

• 3 years later...

Reading the book now and a fantastic read it is.

Walken as Ozzy would have been amazing as he's my favourite actor ever. Shame.

Film scheduled for 2013 now, but no cast, director or anything so probably going to be put back again. Unless anyone has heard any news on it...?