Aussie Nascar driver doing pretty good

66 mustang

Marcos Ambrose - Aussie's average finish over the last five races is 14.8. To put that in perspective, Mark Martin's and Kyle Busch's are both 17.8.

He was a touring car champion here and an excellent driver and if anyone was going to be successful in the US it was going to be him.

• 1 month later...

Update: Ambrose finished third in the Sharpie 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway on Saturday night.

Recommendation: The No. 47 Toyota was one of the fatest cars on the track at times during the Sharpie 500. Ambrose battled for second- and third-place for much of the race. At the end of 500 laps the Aussie collected the strong third-place finish after battling with stars like Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch and Kurt Busch all evening. It was his fourth Top 5 of what has been an amazing season for Ambrose.

Nice to see the Aussies doing well in at least one sport :whistle:

:hijack::offtopic::spam::axe::shutup::lame::chainsaw::bs::blahblah: .........and finally.......... :agree::lol:

They do alright in rugby league too. I think I saw more Aussies and New Zealanders on the field than Brits at the Challenge Cup final in the UK over the weekend. ;)

They do alright in rugby league too. I think I saw more Aussies and New Zealanders on the field than Brits at the Challenge Cup final in the UK over the weekend. ;)

:wtf: ....Poms getting ring'ins from around the world with sporting talent :unsure: .....No......never...... ;):lol:

:wtf: ....Poms getting ring'ins from around the world with sporting talent :unsure: .....No......never...... ;):lol:

Any follower of Rugby League can understand why, though. If you watch NRL compared to English Super League they are totally different games. With all honesty, I truly think the Sharks or Roosters (frontrunners for the wooden spoon in the NRL this year) would flog the Warrington Wolves, who won the UK Super League comp this year. No offence to them and it's great to see this great game get such a big following in the UK, but you can't blame them for wanting these Aussie players when you see the level of local talent there.

And how about Nathan Brown, the coach of losing grand finalists, Huddersfield Giants? This guy all but gets kicked out of the NRL for being no good and he takes a team to the grand final in his first year in the UK! A team I believe had not been in a final for over 50 years? :lol: