Kevin Chalfant: Runnin' With the Wind

DaHun72

This has been a gem in my collection for along time and something I can pull out when the missus is around. Anyone else have this?

The ballads are amazing and the whole album is top notch. Is anyone else really into this CD and if so can you recommend anything else by Kevin? Thanks.

Yeah the VU album kills this IMO. Nice stuff but a little forgettable, but the VU album is very underrated...

This has been a gem in my collection for along time and something I can pull out when the missus is around. Anyone else have this?

The ballads are amazing and the whole album is top notch. Is anyone else really into this CD and if so can you recommend anything else by Kevin? Thanks.

Yep great album! Kevin has a wonderful voice! Maybe if you haven't already check out Hugo's - S/T & 'Time On Earth' albums and maybe Brian Howe's 'Touch' album. Oh and the Storm and VU albums mentioned by Andre and Tim2 are absolutely essential listening. Two Fires is another Chalfant project, not as good as others mentioned but still worth a listen.

BTW have you listened to Kevins 'Fly To Freedom' album with the Journey covers? I've been meaning to get that one for a while now.

Another great CD with Kevin Chalfant on the vox is "Steel Breeze - Heart on the Line". Rare bugger, though .........

I always forget about the VU, but yeah, good disc. I like it. Much better than Two Fires, imo.

If you ask me, though, Shadows Fade is far, far, faaaar and away the best thing Chalfant has ever done... even though those The Storm discs are awesome.

Yeah, I've checked out Fly 2 Freedom. It is great and in my opinion better than Arnel's version of those same tracks (from the special edition of the last Journey cd). Both are great singers but for me no one can touch Perry's performance of those songs.

I always forget about the VU, but yeah, good disc. I like it. Much better than Two Fires, imo.

If you ask me, though, Shadows Fade is far, far, faaaar and away the best thing Chalfant has ever done... even though those The Storm discs are awesome.

Now I must go and check out Shadows Fade, don't think I've heard anything from them.

Now I must go and check out Shadows Fade, don't think I've heard anything from them.

Oh man, you will love that one. Let me know if you need me to help you out with, uh, samples. ;)

Ignore Geoff. Shadows Fade is under-produced drivel. Some good tunes, but a hopeless production and (considering the strength of the vocalist) the vocals are so down in the muddy mix you can barely hear them.

Ignore Geoff. Shadows Fade is under-produced drivel. Some good tunes, but a hopeless production and (considering the strength of the vocalist) the vocals are so down in the muddy mix you can barely hear them.

lol... very agreeable with you.

Well, there you go Justin. Two people's opinions you never need to bother with again. ;):lol: Seriously, though, this CD is amazing imho.

Well, there you go Justin. Two people's opinions you never need to bother with again. ;):lol: Seriously, though, this CD is amazing imho.

I'm going to try and hear this one ASAP, will let you know whos side I take. :)

BTW, for DaHun72's benefit, here's a really cool blog with an article all about Chalfant and all of his releases, check it out here.

Shadows Fade is an ok disc, but hardly Chalfants (or anyones else's) finest hout to be honest, nor the Two disappointing Two Fires discs either for that matter.. Go for the aforementioned The Vu or The Storm discs instead. Way way better.

Shadows Fade is an ok disc, but hardly Chalfants (or anyones else's) finest hout to be honest, nor the Two disappointing Two Fires discs either for that matter.. Go for the aforementioned The Vu or The Storm discs instead. Way way better.

Agreed..........

I also liked the "707" Megaforce disc..........

I'm going to try and hear this one ASAP, will let you know whos side I take. :)

BTW, for DaHun72's benefit, here's a really cool blog with an article all about Chalfant and all of his releases, check it out here.

Okay, I've listened to Shadows Fade twice now and I have to say it's pretty decent. Not as good as the Storm discs but definately a strong album with some awesome songs. I'll be picking it up for sure.

Damn. Oh well, I still love it. Just read the comments on the main part of the site and it looks like I'm the only one who really digs this one. I still maintain it was easily the best CD or 2004 (or did Blind Date sneak in that year?) and it's an all-time fave of mine. Just so many stunning songs. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

Here's my list in order:

1. Shadows Fade - s/t

2. The Storm - s/t

3. The Storm - 'Eye of the storm'

4. The VU - 'Phoenix Rising'

5. Two Fires - Ignition

6. Two Fires - s/t

7/8. Kevin Chalfant - his 2 solo discs

And I haven't heard the rest.

Damn. Oh well, I still love it. Just read the comments on the main part of the site and it looks like I'm the only one who really digs this one. I still maintain it was easily the best CD or 2004 (or did Blind Date sneak in that year?) and it's an all-time fave of mine. Just so many stunning songs. Oh well, to each their own I guess.

Here's my list in order:

1. Shadows Fade - s/t

2. The Storm - s/t

5. Two Fires - Ignition

6. Two Fires - s/t

Mate I really don't understand you. :P I don't dislike the Shadows Fade disc at all, but it's so forgettable. The only track I remember from it is the Clay Aiken song ("Run To Me") which is a million times worse than Aiken's version. IMHO the two essential discs on that list are THE VU and THE STORM "EYE OF THE STORM"....

Here's my list in order:

1. Shadows Fade - s/t

2. The Storm - s/t

5. Two Fires - Ignition

6. Two Fires - s/t

Mate I really don't understand you. :P I don't dislike the Shadows Fade disc at all, but it's so forgettable. The only track I remember from it is the Clay Aiken song ("Run To Me") which is a million times worse than Aiken's version. IMHO the two essential discs on that list are THE VU and THE STORM "EYE OF THE STORM"....

You don't get me yet you rate the VU higher than The Storm's debut? You freak! ;)

Forgettable? Mate, to me it's one of the most memorable CDs I've heard. Yes, I know you wanted this:

1. Twisted Again ; anyone who doesn't absolutely LOVE this song should be banned from the site. Pure perfection.

2. Sooner Or Later ; upbeat, delicious melodic rock. A chorus that is a beautiful slap in the face and a true highlight of the disc.

3. Run To Me ; another gem. Not the best on the CD, imo, but definitely in the top half.

4. My Ocean ; A more discreet song that really, really appeals to me. More mid-tempo magic with big melodic chorus. A flawless formula.

5. First Love Song ; weakest song of the first 5 but far from poor. Good track.

6. Without You ; another nice melodic rocker with a catchy chorus.

7. Give It In ; like 'My Ocean', another discreet gem. Really appealing song.

8. Masquerade ; the album's only filler.

9. I Won't Look Back ; although this one is not far off. Decent track, but easily 2nd weakest.

10. Now That You're Gone ; jeebers cripes. wear an igloo for this one because you'll have artctic chills all over. Possibly the best of the album. Possibly. The first 2 are hard to top.

11. Speak ; as good a closer as I've heard. Deep, sentimental. Stunning. The chorus is amazing.

Yep great album! Kevin has a wonderful voice! Maybe if you haven't already check out Hugo's - S/T & 'Time On Earth' albums and maybe Brian Howe's 'Touch' album. Oh and the Storm and VU albums mentioned by Andre and Tim2 are absolutely essential listening. Two Fires is another Chalfant project, not as good as others mentioned but still worth a listen.

BTW have you listened to Kevins 'Fly To Freedom' album with the Journey covers? I've been meaning to get that one for a while now.

That 'Fly To Freedom' CD must have been a limited release since I haven't seen it for less than $30 + shipping on eBay and I've been checking since it was released....

• 7 years later...

Always liked this guy, but couldn't get into this album. Just too... dare I say bland? Just one dimensional and doesn't speak to me, personally.