Hear Full songs off JORN ~Spirit Black

KING

Sounds pretty good, but not really any different to the mid-tempo fare of his other solo discs, and I'd rather wait for a new MASTERPLAN than pick this up...

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this one, Hunter and Green Eyed Stare on heavy rotation at home and I have to say I am digging this. Yeah, it's exactly the same as all his other CDs and the songs sound like they're from the same recording sessions... but it'd be a good (10 year) recording session!

Seriously, some good stuff here. I think track 5 was an early fave, with a nice big melodic chorus. But as always, solid as hell.

Geoff, funny you mention that the songs sound like they were all recorded at the same sessions because supposedly 1/2 the songs were written back in the 80s by a band Jorn was in.

I like the diversity of the album, alot of different styles on it like the Out To Every Nation album .

Geoff, funny you mention that the songs sound like they were all recorded at the same sessions because supposedly 1/2 the songs were written back in the 80s by a band Jorn was in.

I like the diversity of the album, alot of different styles on it like the Out To Every Nation album .

Is this anything like OTEN?

I'm probably the biggest JORN collector in the world (contrary to what is said over at Jorn's forum) but the new CD is a major let down. A few kickass tracks and a buncha throw away songs IMO.

I'm getting tired of the mid tempo rut he is stuck in lately. I like variety. Its the same reason I mock shit bands like Dragonforce who are Power Metal's version of AC/DC.

Incredible voice, killer production but songwise the album could have been a lot stronger with some more versatile songwriting.

Is this anything like OTEN?

The songs don't sound like the songs on OTEN but the songs each have different styles like the songs did on OTEN yes.

I'm probably the biggest JORN collector in the world (contrary to what is said over at Jorn's forum) but the new CD is a major let down. A few kickass tracks and a buncha throw away songs IMO.

I'm getting tired of the mid tempo rut he is stuck in lately. I like variety. Its the same reason I mock shit bands like Dragonforce who are Power Metal's version of AC/DC.

Incredible voice, killer production but songwise the album could have been a lot stronger with some more versatile songwriting.

What makes you the biggest JORN collecter in the world? :cartman: And what is being said @ the JORN forum to contradict you?

I think this is the best JORN album after OTEN.

BTW, what is Jorn Viggo Lofstad up to? Still in Pagans Mind? I know you guys are friends.

What makes you the biggest JORN collecter in the world? :cartman: And what is being said @ the JORN forum to contradict you?

I think this is the best JORN album after OTEN.

BTW, what is Jorn Viggo Lofstad up to? Still in Pagans Mind? I know you guys are friends.

FIGHT FIGHT! FIGHT FOR JORN'S LOVE DAMMIT!

LOL, i'm not wanting to fight for JORN :P , i was just curious as to why he is the worlds biggest collector of JORN stuff. The only thing JORN has to collect is albums and a few shirts, and i have every album, albeit 1 copy each and 2 shirts, a HUGE LATB poster and 2 signed pictures and 4 bootleg dvds , 2 i think i got from Drummerman , and the Live in America DVD, ?

Oh yeah, i also got the Ken Hensley w/Jorn dvd. I might not be the biggest collector of JORN but i am the biggest fan :P

I'm just kidding, arguring over such things is silly. :drink:

What makes you the biggest JORN collecter in the world?

When someone can produce a picture showing otherwise I'll eat (Storm)crow. ;) Until then....

This doesnt count the numerous posters, flyers, CD promos, Ark, Masterplan, Vagabond, Genius, Avantasia, The Snakes, Millenium discs, and etc etc etc as I dont have all day to take pictures. I did take these of my Jorn solo album collection though to give you an idea.......

The Jorn albums in various territories/Countries. Some with bonus tracks and minor variations in the artwork. This doesnt count the 10-12 extra audio/DVD bootlegs I have. I also have a jewel case version of Spirit Black and a promo but they are buried in a tote at the moment.

JORN1.jpg

JORN2.jpg

JORN3.jpg

JORN4.jpg

JORN5.jpg

That IS a Mighty impressive collection John. I stand corrected :).

btw, someone just mentioned to me that there is a "new" version of "Showdown" that was on the japanese pressing of LATB. Is it really any different than the Snakes version?