The Electric Company

Leykis101

Those of u that have little kids, pbs started running the new Electric Company series last week, I'm impressed, as with the original which spawned Denzel Washington, and featured Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby, the new version is TOP!!! production, and they've really found good actors for it, I really enjoy watching it, wish I could say the samefor a lot of the other PBS shows, great for kids, not really for adults as well.

When I was a kid I always liked the Electric Company more than I did Sesame Street.

Me too. Great show.

I've seen promos for the "New" Electric Company but haven't seen the show yet. Does the new one still have "Spidey Super Stories?" Cuz that would rule. :beerbang:

it's still only the 3rd week of it, it only comes on friday, I suppose that would be because they don't have any reruns to show yet, it's all pretty brand new stuff, very very very good writers, I have to imagine with the caliber of writing on the show, they have to be affiliated with the Sesame Street writers, as I see some very creative shit done as far as words go on the new electric company, and it's all layered smoothly into whatever plot is taking place by various mind burningly catchy sub songs, awesome computer gnerated graffix, clever plays on words, and a beat boxer and scrawny white guy, that actually do one of the most unique plays on words ive ever witnessed, I can't even describe it, because I cant remember how it went, but It's definitly a show that keeps me interested while I watch with my daughter, usually im sanding a wall, or staring at the ceiling fan, or tying a noose, but it's a very well done show, and im very impressed, as I didnt believe these show execs would even go remotely where they would in the 70's as far as educational writing, I thought it was all geared at only enterainment, but I havent seen any of the old shorts, and I havent seen anything the same between each episode, so you never know!