Firehouse Confirmed for the Dakota Rock Fest

Press Release / Sioux Falls, S.D. (May 28, 2009) — Last year, multi-platinum Hard Rock band Firehouse was a crowd favorite and one of the biggest draws at Dakota Rock Fest. And they are back this year, joining Bret Michaels of Poison and Rock of Love fame to close out the festival.

Due to unforeseeable circumstances with White Lion, who unfortunately backed out of Dakota Rock Fest, one final slot was open, and Firehouse was the first band promoter Kevin Leisinger thought of to replace White Lion, considering their incredible showing last year.

"Dakota Rock Fest was one of the best gigs of 2008 for FireHouse", said guitarist Bill Leverty. "It is such a great place for a rock show. I can't wait to come back and play this festival again. The organizers are all first rate and really know how to throw a party. This should be another great time!"

Returning from last year to Dakota Rock Fest are Jukebox Zeroes, Escape (Journey tribute band), Appetite for Deception (GNR tribute band), Paisty Jenny, Bombay Black, Skid Row, and L.A. Guns. Coming to Dakota Rock Fest for the first time are Head East, April Wine, Draw the Line (Aerosmith tribute band), Tango Down, Far Cry, Talon, Enuff z'Nuff, Dokken, and the aforementioned Bret Michaels.

Tickets for Dakota Rock Fest are still available. If you purchase in advance, tickets are $20 for Friday, $35 for Saturday, or $50 for both days. If you buy the day of the show, tickets are $25 for Friday, $40 for Saturday and $60 for both days. VIP tickets can be purchased for $150, which covers both days and all you can eat and drink at the VIP tent. Tickets can be purchased at the Sioux Empire Fairgrounds or at any Ticketmaster outlet.

Courtesy of www.melodicrock.com

As I mentioned in the Dakota Rock Fest thread on this topic it sucks that White Lion isn't going to be there.

They were one of the main bands I was looking forward to seeing.

Yeah I know what you mean, I would really like to see them too. To bad they aren't going to be there...

But I saw Firehouse back on April 10th, and they put on one of the BEST performances that I've seen...they still sound great live.

As I mentioned in the Dakota Rock Fest thread on this topic it sucks that White Lion isn't going to be there.

Yeah I know what you mean, I would really like to see them too. To bad they aren't going to be there...

But I saw Firehouse back on April 10th, and they put on one of the BEST performances that I've seen...they still sound great live.

I agree that Firehouse definately brings it when they perform but as Wes said, I'm disappointed that White Lion won't be there. :crying:

But a few beers from the beerbarrow and I will get over it :banana:

I agree that Firehouse definately brings it when they perform but as Wes said, I'm disappointed that White Lion won't be there. :crying:

We'll do our best to warm up the beerbarrow for you on Thursday night. :headbanger:

We'll do our best to warm up the beerbarrow for you on Thursday night. :headbanger:

Sure, rub it in that I cannot be there until Friday..... :hammer:

On the upside though Chad, you'll probably be feeling a bit better Friday morning than we will be. :tumbsup:

As for Firehouse playing, they definitely could have done a lot worse in getting a replacement band. Can anyone say "Fake Ritchie"?? :lol:

On the upside though Chad, you'll probably be feeling a bit better Friday morning than we will be. :tumbsup:

We can't get to crazy since we have a cd hunt planned for Friday morning. :drink:

We can't get to crazy since we have a cd hunt planned for Friday morning. :drink:

I'm sure that will stop you.... never worked for me... :(

I'm sure that will stop you.... never worked for me... :(

Nothing like spending a few hours staring at small print on cd spines with a hangover. :headbanger:

I brought the Mrs. to see Firehouse last summer at a local fair. She is not a rock fan or anything close to it but after the show even she said, "They were pretty cool!".

I brought the Mrs. to see Firehouse last summer at a local fair. She is not a rock fan or anything close to it but after the show even she said, "They were pretty cool!".

My wife didn't like this music at all when we got married 10 years ago but now she nows the words to most of the big songs and bands and I'd say Firehouse is probably one of her favs of this genre and she's seen them live about 4 times I think and always enjoys them.