Stryper,

Sunday July 12th, 2009

Vixen

Bonfire

Nelson,

Great White,

Skid Row

Twisted Sister

Does anyone think it's strange that Stryper is headlining over Thin Lizzy and Kix?

I know they sold some records and all but Thin Lizzy especially(even though it's in name only) should be looked at as a headliner IMO.

Does anyone think it's strange that Stryper is headlining over Thin Lizzy and Kix?

I know they sold some records and all but Thin Lizzy especially(even though it's in name only) should be looked at as a headliner IMO.

Well... You know me. I would prefer KIX headline and play for an hour and 20 mins. But I can actually understand why Stryper is headlining over KIX and Thin Lizzy. After being at Rocklahoma last year I fear many fans will not be that familiar with Thin Lizzy... if they know anything by them it will only be a song or two. I'd be willing to bet that most people could name more Stryper songs then Thin Lizzy songs... me included. To tell you the truth I don't even have much interest in seeing this Thin Lizzy line-up. But I'm sure not gonna miss KIX and Stryper.

I think this Rocklahoma line-up is pretty good over all.... I just wish Y&T was on the bill...and Black N Blue again too.

Yeah, doesn't surprise me at all to be honest. To Thin Lizzy I say who? Seriously, doubt they'll draw much attention from fans of those other bands. To me they just look really, really out of place on that bill. I'd use their time on stage as time to get a cup of tea from the coffee lounge, to be honest. :lol:

But as for Kix and Stryper, preferences aside you'd have to admit that Stryper probably outsold Kix by about 100-1 in terms of record sales and I have no doubt that Stryper would be drawing the bigger crowd. I'd love to see both, though.

Friday night looks delicious!

Well if it was the original lineup with Lynott Id agree with you, cos they would have killed those 2 stone dead live.

But for all intents and purposes without Lynott they are a cover band.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yes...id rather listen to John and Scott trade licks then waste my time with alot of the bands playing Rocklahoma period.

Well if it was the original lineup with Lynott Id agree with you, cos they would have killed those 2 stone dead live.

But for all intents and purposes without Lynott they are a cover band.

Well... I'm sitting here right now (or at least as I typed this) trying to watch Thin Lizzy "Armed and Dangerous" on VH1 Classic. Even with the original line-up I'm rather bored. Nothing that makes me wanna see a revamped cover band at Rocklahoma. No doubting that the musicians in Thin Lizzy (both past and present) are good musicians... But I just don't like their sound. Which I guess is a good thing because I'm sure I'll be hanging out with KIX after their set anyway. I will be making no effort at all to see the Thin Lizzy set.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I actually prefer the new 'Thin Lizzy' line up to the old one :anon: ...Too bad they don't have Leatherwolf,Saxon,Overkill,Lizzy Borden & Ratt on the same day,that'd be one helluva 24 hours.Surprised the reunited Krokus aren't coming over that'd be cool....