Let's discuss Excalibur

Leykis101

And the lack of people that know who they are! this is only one of the finest melodic hard rock albums of all time, yet I find it hard to find anybody that's even heard it, I mean its one of those discs that is literally A+ song for song, the vocalist is unique and talented, how did this not get noticed people? its beyond me.

coz the other excalibur from UK are better..... ;)
And they did which album?

Who's the other Excalibur?

Who's the other Excalibur?

I think George mean this one:

29438.jpg

I think I'm one of the only doods to chime in when Leykis brings this album up, but I do agree. Maybe not one of my all-time faves, but no doubt a fantastic album.

Both are from the UK, I've never heard that Excalibur, I don't think they play the same type of music, and I don't see how they could be better! but if they are I need to get ahold of that Excalibur, cause this Excalibur is tight, melodic, well produced, and just a tits overall album!

Both are from the UK, I've never heard that Excalibur, I don't think they play the same type of music, and I don't see how they could be better! but if they are I need to get ahold of that Excalibur, cause this Excalibur is tight, melodic, well produced, and just a tits overall album!

actually it's the same band,sounding different! that's why i put " "! :christmas:

actually it's the same band,sounding different! that's why i put " "! :christmas:

That's the same Excalibur that released One Strange Night? get the fuck out of here! no way, how can this be? what's it like? where can I hear it, don't do this shit to me, I hope your not fucking with me! cause now im all interested.

So are you saying 'The Bitter End' EP is better? What does is sound like? I'm going to make an assumption it's NWOBHM?

• 2 weeks later...

I have this CD Excalibur 'One Strange Night' in excellent condition. If anyone want to deal a trade i'm ok. Just drop me a MP with a trading list.

I actually loved the sound of this UK band on their "One Strange Night" release.......absolutely fantastic melodic heavy metal. Every element is played to perfection! Heavy at times, lite at other times, melodic, catchy, speedy, slow, they do it all, and they do it to perfection! Leatherwolf meets early Marshall Law sound. I was lucky to score a Japanese pressing with OBI a few years ago.

Just for some trivia....there are at least 4 different bands using the name Excalibur that I am aware of. One is from Sweden and another plays neo=prog style metal......

• 7 years later...