Favorite song: High Noon - "No Turning Back"

Favorite song off of "No Turning Back"?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eonian Records recently released, High Noon's "No Turning Back"... and I've been crankin' the hell out of this album ever since I got it!

Now, I know this next question is going to be hard (for me at least anyway), but...what's your favorite song off of it?

Like I said, it's a tough call for me....but I think my vote would go to, "Have My Heart"!

It would be closely followed by tracks like; "Skatin' On Thin Ice", "When The Night Calls", "Who Do You Thin You Are?", "Around Midnight" & "Just Like A Woman".

I think "No Turning Back" is a great hard rock/hair metal album... and it's great that High Noon FINALLY got to release their material! A big thanks to Eonian Records for this gem...I'm really enjoying it.

:drink:

I voted for "Bed of Lies" but there really isn't a bad tune on here.

My only complaint is the production with some of the tracks not being up to the same quality as the others.

Mostly it's the first few songs where the production is lacking but all of those songs are great as well.

My only complaint is the production with some of the tracks not being up to the same quality as the others.

Mostly it's the first few songs where the production is lacking but all of those songs are great as well.

Agreed on the production thing, not sure which one I like best so far other than that. Good tunes all from what I can hear. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, sorry guys going to have to disagree. Firstly, I want to start off saying I LOVE what Eonian is doing. These CDs are awesome and I love the chronological order of the songs on these kind of releases... just great stuff. I wouldn't have this CD any other way for a complete picture of the band that was High Noon.

Now, that said, the first three songs are terrible. Especially 'Rude Boy'. Complete fillers, but essential to see where High Noon came from. 'Don't come running' was actually my fave of the album that I picked, but tracks 4-8 are all clearly the highlights of this disc, and thankfully the most well produced at the hands of Michael Wagener. The high profile influence certainly shows through and if they'd have recorded a full disc in 1990 with material like this it would have been great. 'Don't come running' and 'Have my heart' are my faves on this disc... but there are quite a few fillers here. For me most the songs after 'Just like a woman' are sadly pretty much filler too.

Still, good disc for the collection. :)

If I could vote again I'd change to "Around Midnight".

Of those last six I'd probably just take 'Weight of the world' over 'Around midnight', but yeah, those two are the best of the last six, imo. Not a fan of the other four.

Of those last six I'd probably just take 'Weight of the world' over 'Around midnight', but yeah, those two are the best of the last six, imo. Not a fan of the other four.

As I've listened to them all more and more this cd has started to fall down my list and Pistol Dawn has moved up with Charlemagne as my favs. :tumbsup:

As I've listened to them all more and more this cd has started to fall down my list and Pistol Dawn has moved up with Charlemagne as my favs. :tumbsup:

Sounds about right, cousin. ;) You can't go wrong with anything on that Pistol Dawn disc, and the Charlemagne one is solid too. For me, Pistol Dawn is actually the clear fave. :) 'Be my girl' and 'Gone away' were especially awesome.

This is my 2nd-favorite Eonian release, coming in behind Pistol Dawn. Favorite song would be "Have my Heart." Yes, there's definitely some filler material sprinkled throughout the album, but they're sandwiched in between some really good tunes as well. Sure, production could be better, but I don't think it's too bad, and I kind of enjoy the raw, stripped-down attitude prevalent on the CD.