Place Vendome

Leykis101

Could somebody please give me an acurate description of what these guys sound like?

Could somebody please give me an acurate description of what these guys sound like?

Do you have 'Electrified' from PC69? I'd say it's a little similar to that. It's just cracking melodic hard rock.

Fairly smooth Euro-AOR, with a reasonably meaty guitar edge (though not so much on the second album). Some of the tunes on the first album were more Melodic Hard Rock than AOR (like opener "Cross the Line") but the majority of their tunes are pretty formulaic AOR with big harmonised chorus lines. They definitely have that smooth but accented Euro sound, & remind me of the likes of Brother Firetribe/91 Suite/No Credit & maybe even early Jaded Heart/Charade - definitely gentler on the guitar than bands like Cassanova/PC69/Frontline etc.

Kiske's accented AOR vocals are a bit of an acquired taste for AOR fans who love higher pitched & more powerful vocalists, as he doesn't have the biggest vocal range, but it works well due to the sheer quality of the songwriting & production. The second album is (IMO) one of the best AOR albums in the last 20 years or so, but the debut album might appeal more if you prefer MHR to AOR....

The second album is (IMO) one of the best AOR albums in the last 20 years or so,

Thats a very big call there............. as much as I love the cd... I'm hesitant to give it such a tag.. maybe it's me, afraid to commit such a title on a new album that's not yetr recieved a dozen spins on my discman.

The second album is (IMO) one of the best AOR albums in the last 20 years or so,

Thats a very big call there............. as much as I love the cd... I'm hesitant to give it such a tag.. maybe it's me, afraid to commit such a title on a new album that's not yetr recieved a dozen spins on my discman.

I guess I don't really think it's such a big tag, given that there have been very few top class AOR albums of late. The early 90's was good, but in this century so far there have been no more than about 5 great AOR discs....

Fairly smooth Euro-AOR, with a reasonably meaty guitar edge (though not so much on the second album). Some of the tunes on the first album were more Melodic Hard Rock than AOR (like opener "Cross the Line") but the majority of their tunes are pretty formulaic AOR with big harmonised chorus lines. They definitely have that smooth but accented Euro sound, & remind me of the likes of Brother Firetribe/91 Suite/No Credit & maybe even early Jaded Heart/Charade - definitely gentler on the guitar than bands like Cassanova/PC69/Frontline etc.

Kiske's accented AOR vocals are a bit of an acquired taste for AOR fans who love higher pitched & more powerful vocalists, as he doesn't have the biggest vocal range, but it works well due to the sheer quality of the songwriting & production. The second album is (IMO) one of the best AOR albums in the last 20 years or so, but the debut album might appeal more if you prefer MHR to AOR....

Spot on description TIM, Definitely more towards the AOR end of things than MHR but it is a very nice disc indeed. Maybe not one of the best AOR discs in the last 20 years, but it is damned good. :tumbsup:

By far the best of 2009 so far...........I've only picked this up so far this year. :rolleyes:

I'm sure it will finish in my top 5 at the end of the year.

Any fan of Melodic Rock/AOR should love this one.

so if I can only afford to go over and order one right this second, which one do you guys recommend? are they mellow like 91 Suite?

so if I can only afford to go over and order one right this second, which one do you guys recommend? are they mellow like 91 Suite?

The second one is definitely the better one, imo, but both are great. Probably similar in "heaviness" to 91 Suite. Maybe a slight bit 'ballsier'.

Outstanding F/U album from an outstanding band.......Kiske really shines, if only his solo albums could have been on this level of brilliance. On the first album, there are a couple tracks I often skip past, but on "Streets Of Fire" I almost never skip past anything, unless I just want a quick "fix" from the up-tempo tracks while working out. Just my 2 cents.....Jeff.