TALISMAN: New Album, Tour In The Works

dethuniverse

Long-running Swedish-American melodic hard rock band TALISMAN — which revolves around Jeff Scott Soto (vocals; YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JOURNEY) and Marcel Jacob (bass, ex-YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) — will enter the studio later in the year to begin recording a new album. A tour is tentatively planned for early 2010.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=116066

I thought they were done?

I thought the same. Maybe the Journey experiment did have something to do with it but they made it out to be a lot more than that. From what I remember "7" was pretty much called a swan song and that wasn't going to change. They were "all" moving on. Anyway, I'm not bitchin' in the least. I love Talisman and will gladly take more. Great news actually.

I thought they were done?

I thought the same. Maybe the Journey experiment did have something to do with it but they made it out to be a lot more than that. From what I remember "7" was pretty much called a swan song and that wasn't going to change. They were "all" moving on. Anyway, I'm not bitchin' in the least. I love Talisman and will gladly take more. Great news actually.

From what I remember after Jeff was named a permanent member of Journey they scheduled some Talisman farewell shows as he expected to be in Journey only from then on.

Well, they were done because Jeff had joined Journey...but now that he's still basically a solo artist, no reason for Talisman not to continue...

No reason unless they put out another shit album. I love the band but haven't really enjoyed anything since Truth.

Well, they were done because Jeff had joined Journey...but now that he's still basically a solo artist, no reason for Talisman not to continue...

No reason unless they put out another shit album. I love the band but haven't really enjoyed anything since Truth.

I haven't heard all of their albums but I really liked the last one but 'Humananimal' is my fav out of the ones I have heard.

I haven't heard all of their albums but I really liked the last one but 'Humananimal' is my fav out of the ones I have heard.

The Humanimal series is by far their best!

Best 2009 news, by far.

I'm a big fan of this band. Best project with Jscott soto involved IMO.

I love everything from this guys, my favorite is cats and dogs.

The only one i don't like that much is Truth.

Glad we can hear again a talented guy like Marcel Jacob write great songs, with last autmn dream he looks like an hired gun.

Best 2009 news, by far.

Glad we can hear again a talented guy like Marcel Jacob write great songs, with last autmn dream he looks like an hired gun.

You need to go back & listen to Truth again...that's one of their best cd's imo.

I think 'Truth' was okay but in all honesty, most their albums are "okay". But that's about it. The debut is by far and away LIGHT YEARS better than anything else they've done, imo. That album is killer... the rest - okay. About 3 good songs per disc a bunch of average filler. IMO. :)

Conclusion - unexcited by this news, but let's see what they can do.

I've never heard a Talisman album I did not like...

Backed. Routinely excellent, & very consistent. Their last album "7" was utterly brilliant IMO, way way better than Soto's latest miserable solo effort "Beautiful Mess". Awesome news....

I think 'Truth' was okay but in all honesty, most their albums are "okay". But that's about it. The debut is by far and away LIGHT YEARS better than anything else they've done, imo. That album is killer... the rest - okay. About 3 good songs per disc a bunch of average filler. IMO. :)

Again we differ...the first one is good but is throw away, been there done that rock compared to the 4 that followed. Now those are some real gems!

Again we differ...the first one is good but is throw away, been there done that rock compared to the 4 that followed. Now those are some real gems!

Wow. 'Throwaway' is exactly how I feel about their entire discography except the utterly essential debut. Yeah, let's just say we differ and leave it at that, mate. :lol:

Best 2009 news, by far.

You need to go back & listen to Truth again...that's one of their best cd's imo.

When It was out i bought an original copy,try to like it, but It doesn't work.

I Still consider it their worst album.

The first one was very good(standing on fire is my favoritesong), but similar to other bands. From the second one on, they became more particular.