Rock Out Australia Festival 2009

JC_AOR

Rock music will never die.... and finally Aussie fans will have their appetites for hard-hitting, uncompromising, unrelenting Hard Rock and Heavy Metal satisfied on a scale never seen before on the East Coast of Australia. For three days fans can live and breathe their passion for blistering guitars, pounding drum rhythms, and intense screaming vocals.

Acts include Twisted Sister, Girlschool, Diamond Head, Black Majesty, Scarlet Sins, Fixer, Crossbreed, Rose Tattoo, Mortal Sin, Eyefear, Crimsonfire, Five Star Prison Cell, Double Dragon, Earth, The Amenta, Sakkuth, The Radiators, The Vandolls, State of Integrity plus more international and local acts to be announced shortly.

Due to unforseen circumstances LORDI have been taken off the Rock Out festival, we hope to see them here in the future.

For a list of the bands and a description of them, visit Rock Out Australia Festival 2009 - Bands

The Brisbane and Melbourne venues will have camping facilities on-site - including 3 day festival passes – so fans can experience a European style musical journey without leaving the heart of the action.

Brisbane: 10th – 12th April 2009 – Queensland Raceway, Ipswich, Queensland, Australia

Sydney: 17th – 19th April 2009 – Eastern Creek Raceway, NSW, Australia

Melbourne: 24th – 26th April 2009 – Calder Park Raceway, Victoria, Australia

$121 - $286

------------------------------------------------------------

So who's going?? I'ts definately not cheap but I'm not going to pass on the opportunity to see Twisted Sister and Girlschool. I'm not a diehard fan of either of those bands but I reckon they'd be great fun to see. Diamond Head too.

As for the other bands, most I'm not familiar with and most are probably too heavy for my usual liking but there are a few that I'm semi interested in seeing, including Eyefear and Crimsonfire. I don't mind Black Majesty either, I've seen them a few times including once at Hungry Jacks after a Saxon gig in Melbourne last year - filling up on Whoppers.

I know everyone hangs shit on Lordi, but they would've been a drawing card for me just to see those monsters on stage.

What about Mortal Sin, does anyone know what they're like?

What about Mortal Sin, does anyone know what they're like?

Mortal Sin's MAYHEMIC DESTRUCTION and FACE OF DESPAIR ('87 and '89) were two very cool classic style platters... very similar to Metallica's MASTER OF PUPPETS era. I know they've been reformed for a couple of years now but haven't heard any of their current stuff.

Ohhh... and to think Geoff just spent all his cash on the Red Jumpsuite Festival last month. :unsure:

You better save up for this one Geoff.

Some really cool band there... I myself would love to see Girlschool and Diamond Head.

To whoever from HH is going to this show... ENJOY. :drink:

Who, who and who?! :lol: Sorry guys, wouldn't go to this if tickets were $20. :(

The Radiators. I went to school with the son of the drummer from that band. The kid could play the drums too.

Seriously, though, not one of those bands appeals to me, which is really disappointing. Why aren't there any proper "hair" bands???

Who, who and who?! :lol: Sorry guys, wouldn't go to this if tickets were $20. :(

The Radiators. I went to school with the son of the drummer from that band. The kid could play the drums too.

Seriously, though, not one of those bands appeals to me, which is really disappointing. Why aren't there any proper "hair" bands???

Im with Geoff on this. I have no interest in this.

Black Majesty are super talented, but only the first (of 3) album is worth listening to. Eyefear are also a great prog band. But the rest is a mix of "who?" and "who cares!"

How can New Zealand manage a festival with Poison and Whitesnake (which is still slim pickings, but two bands I'd like to see) and this is the best Australia can do? :(

How can New Zealand manage a festival with Poison and Whitesnake (which is still slim pickings, but two bands I'd like to see) and this is the best Australia can do? :(

Yeah that NZ festival had an awesome line-up and yes its a real shame Poison didn't come visit us too. I think we can admit though that the number and quality of hard rock/metal acts touring Australia has increased substantially over recent years. I mean we've had bands like:

ratt/winger/whitesnake/motley/def lep/eric martin/saxon/tesla/la guns/bon jovi/fasterpussycat/lynch mob/jss/glen hughes/paul stanley/seb bach/satriani/malmsteen/vai/alice cooper/motorhead/deep purple/toto/foreigner/cheap trick/w.a.s.p./gnr/him/testament/kreator/judas priest/iron maiden/bruce kulick/kiss/helloween/ozzy/nightwish/arch enemy/dragonforce/velvet revolver/dream theatre/queensryche/the darkness/plus shit loads more heavier stuff and lets not forgot all the modern rock bands that have toured here as well.

Note I'm not trying to say all those bands are high quality but they are mostly big name hard rock and metal bands.

Seriously, I think we need to see this Rock Out Australia festival as a positive step to bringing more big name hard rock and metal acts to Australia. I know it's hard to imagine and I might be just a little bit wishful in my thinking, but the way things are going I bet it won't be too long before we see another onslaught of "real hair metal" playing here as well. :)

Seriously, I think we need to see this Rock Out Australia festival as a positive step to bringing more big name hard rock and metal acts to Australia. I know it's hard to imagine and I might be just a little bit wishful in my thinking, but the way things are going I bet it won't be too long before we see another onslaught of "real hair metal" playing here as well. :)

Yeah, the concept is awesome. When I saw this thread I nearly had a heart attack. But the line-up is just awful. As you say, though, there have been a lot of awesome bands that have come out to Australia recently, that I NEVER thought I'd see in this lifetime, so hopefully next time round they can bring in a few decent bands and I will be there. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I know not many (if any) were interested in this festival, but I'll update anyway, the festival has been postponed til Sept/Oct this year. Good news is this allows more time to announce additional headliners...so it will be interesting to see who else gets included on the bill. Here's the statement from the website:

"MTD4 and Blade Promotions after consultation with the venues and major stakeholders including the International Artists, have decided that it is in the best interest of all parties concerned to postpone the event to Sept/Oct this year.

The new dates will be advised as soon as possible.

We anticipate announcing additional headline bands to join those previously listed as the postponement allows us to restore the event to our original concept including multiple stages, all ages ticketing and camping at all sites.

We apologise if this postponement causes any inconvenience to those that have already purchased tickets to our event and encourage them to contact us directly - contact@rockoutfestivals.com.au

Thank You

Rock Out Festivals - Music To Die For - Blade Promotions"

There's about four bands i would like to see at this gig but money at the moment is so tight.I would like to go and see my mate's sister's band Crimson Fire,saw them support Queensryche in Melbourne,very good live.Calder Park is about a four minute drive from our house which is cool.

I still think this gig needs some bigger drawcards.