Thin Lizzy

Dave

Some old recordings found that Scott Gorham did not even know existed plus the chance of some new material :tumbsup:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0225thi.shtml

Am I the only one who thinks Thin Lizzy is one of the best hard rock group ever from Europe?

Thin Lizzy really rocks my foundation... :banger:

They are not my favourites, but no denying they have released some 'Classic' stuff over the years and were a great band :tumbsup:

I hope they do some new material, it's getting old them just touring every year and not putting out anything new.

Of course it will be strange not having Phil's voice on it even though I'm sure that Sykes will do a great job, but I'm sure the diehards will debate the fact of them recording without Phil just as they have them touring without Phil. I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it as much if Brian Downey was still playing drums that way there would be 3 from the last lineup in the early 80's.

Am I the only one who thinks Thin Lizzy is one of the best hard rock groups ever from Europe?

Nope, I believe there's 2 or 3 of ya in the fan club... :P

If Sykes and Gorham do record anything new, I hope they have the good taste to release it under ANYTHING, but the Thin Lizzy name. Without Phil Lynott, it just ain't Thin Lizzy - no matter how many of the old alumni appear on it. As Lemmy is Motorhead, Phil was Thin Lizzy.

If Sykes and Gorham do record anything new, I hope they have the good taste to release it under ANYTHING, but the Thin Lizzy name. Without Phil Lynott, it just ain't Thin Lizzy - no matter how many of the old alumni appear on it. As Lemmy is Motorhead, Phil was Thin Lizzy.

Yep, agreed. I was the same way with Paul Rodgers and Bad Co. Not saying Brian Howe didnt have a great voice - he did; it just wasn't Bad Company anymore.

Yep, agreed. I was the same way with Paul Rodgers and Bad Co. Not saying Brian Howe didnt have a great voice - he did; it just wasn't Bad Company anymore.

:whistle: