Sophomore Slump? Debut or #2? 1992 -- Part 2

Which release do you like more?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Easily the hardest yet:

Little Caesar - Little Caesar ; I actually ended up selling both these CDs and was not a fan, but debut was definitely the better disc.

Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation ; super hard one, but I went with the debut for a couple more real stunning tracks.

Southgang - Tainted Angel ; another hard one. 'Group Therapy' is HEAPS more consistent, but the best songs on the debut just can't be ignored, so I went with the debut.

Tora Tora - Surprise Attack ; not as big a fan of this band as most, but I do prefer the debut for sure.

Love/Hate - Blackout In The Red Room ; easy choice. Cool disc, the second was a little bland.

Sleeze Beez - Powertool ; almost impossible to choose but I went with the 2nd one for the same reason as a few above, the best songs on it are just a bit better than the best on the debut. Both are amazing though.

Little Caesar- s/t

Lynch Mob- Wicked Sensation

Southgang- Tainted Angel

Tora Tora- Surprise Attack

Love/Hate- Blackout In The Red Room

Sleeze Beez- Screwed Blued & Tattooed

Al of these are close for me.

Little Ceaser-I voted for the 2nd one since it's the only one I've heard although I've always wanted the debut but have never heard it.

Lynch Mob-Wow this one is so hard but I voted for the self-titled disc due to Mason's involvement but damn I love the debut as well.

Southgang-I voted for Group Therapy but Tainted Angel is excellent as well.

Tora Tora-Suprise Attack always gets my vote but again the follow up was great too.

Love/Hate-Blackout in the Red Room but love Wasted in America is great.

Sleze Beez-Powertool got my vote but SB&T is awesome too.

The debuts swept this one, until the very end...

1. Not a Little Caesar fan (unless we're talking about pizza), but when forced to listen to them, prefer the debut over "Under the Influence."

2. Lynch Mob. "Wicked Sensation" over self-titled. 'Nuff said.

3. Love me some Southgang. Two great albums, but the better songs are on "Tainted Angel," so they get the edge over "Group Therapy." Both are justifiable choices, however.

4. Yet another band that does about as much for me an an enema witha porcupine, but I rate "Surprise Attack" ahead of "Wild America."

5. When it comes to Love/Hate, ya gotta go with "Blackout in the Red Room."

6. Here's where the sophomores finally garnered a vote, as "Powertool" is lightyears better than the debut. For comparison, if "Screwed, Blued & Tattooed" is Geoff's microscopic gnat of a dick, then "Powertool" is John Holme's legendary mammoth member.

No one else likes the Lynch Mob s/t ? I actually prefer it.

I LOVE it... the just love the debut a little more. Both are sensational, though.

6. Here's where the sophomores finally garnered a vote, as "Powertool" is lightyears better than the debut. For comparison, if "Screwed, Blued & Tattooed" is Geoff's microscopic gnat of a dick, then "Powertool" is John Holme's legendary mammoth member.

Wrong.

I should actually be taking this up with Rob, but you're far more evil than him so I'll take it out on you... Sleez Beez's debut is 'Look Like Hell'. Porcupine f*cker.

Wrong.

I should actually be taking this up with Rob, but you're far more evil than him so I'll take it out on you... Sleez Beez's debut is 'Look Like Hell'. Porcupine f*cker.

Wasn't that one so bad that it shouldn't count?

Seriously though until I came to this site I wasn't even aware that they had a disc before SB&T with a different vocalist since it didn't come out on a major label and it wasn't released in the US.

Wrong.

Seriously though until I came to this site I wasn't even aware that they had a disc before SB&T with a different vocalist since it didn't come out on a major label and it wasn't released in the US.

Yeah, if I were them I wouldn't claim it either ...

Wrong.

Yes, it is so bad every copy released should be burnt in a communal bonfire. :)

Took me a long time to realise there was a disc before 'Screwed Blued & Tattooed' too. It's the kind of disc that I can't see anyone in the band being proud to admit they recorded.