Lillian Axe signs 4 album deal with Blistering Records (Sweden)

rob62972

01.30.09 LILLIAN AXE SIGNS WITH BLISTERING RECORDS

"Classic, Heavy, Progressive.....embracing the past...shaping the future." is the battle cry of our new home.

Lillian Axe and their manager are proud to announce that Lillian Axe has signed a worldwide recording contract for 4 albums with Swedish Label, Blistering Records. Blistering Records' US office is located in Pittsburgh, PA and the label is distributed by Ryko Distribution in the United States. The U.S. operations of Blistering Records are run by music industry veteran, Jim Pitulski. Jim is well respected in the hard rock and metal community and Lillian Axe is happy to welcome Jim and the Blistering Records staff to our family.

Derrick, Eric, Ken, Sam and Steve are so excited about joining the Blistering Records roster of artists and look forward to a long and successful venture recording their music for Blistering Records.

While searching for a new label over the past year, Lillian Axe was looking for a label who wanted the band to be part of their present and future. Blistering Records proved to be the most aggressive suitors for Lillian Axe and that made our decision that much easier to make. Blistering Records wanted Lillian Axe and Lillian Axe wanted to be part of Blistering Records.

Lillian Axe, having re-established themselves in 2007 and 2008 look forward to 2009 as the year of The Axe. Lillian Axe will embark on their world tour in June in support of their new CD, "Sad Day On Planet Earth" taking them across the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. Every city and every festival that wants Lillian Axe will have them. Lillian Axe look forward to being on the road for the next 12 months.

Although, Lillian Axe never forgets its past, their sound is very modern. The new CD entitled "Sad Day On Planet Earth" is by far their strongest album musically speaking. There are so many different sounding songs that all forms of radio: Active Rock, Mainstream Rock and Metal Radio will embrace this album. Lillian Axe are happy to be giving this album to a label who truly believes in the band. 14 songs of pure Lillian Axe.

The songs that will be appearing on "Sad Day On Planet Earth" were written by Steve Blaze. The song titles are: Megaslowfade, Ignite, Divine, Down Below The Ocean, Jesus Wept, Within Your Reach, Sad Day On Planet Earth, Fire Blood The Earth & Sea, The Grand Scale Of Finality, Cold Day In Hell, Blood Raining Down On Her Wings, Hibernate, Kill Me Again and Nocturnal Symphony.

All the album artwork is being created by Peter Tsakiris, who is a major force in the industry having created album art for Dio, Twisted Sister, Deep Purple, Ted Nugent, Overkill, Jackyl and Warrior Soul to name a few.

Once again, we thank you for the opportunity to make the music Lillian Axe has believed in its whole career. Lillian Axe looks forward to making music with you today, tomorrow and in the future.

Keep an eye out for more news on Lillian Axe as we get closer to the birth of "Sad Day On Planet Earth."

"Classic, Heavy, Progressive.....embracing the past...shaping the future." is the battle cry of our new home.

By "classic" do they mean 'Classic Lillian Axe' or 'classic rock'? Prog? WTF? Where did Lillian Axe go? :(

May as well call it New Life Experience or something like that....

The last one wasn't anything like Love & War or Poetic Justice by any stretch, but I still dig the band. I'd like more uptempo songs and less doom and gloom, but the songs titles don't seem to be much in the vain of 80's Hair Rock but more like Power Metal.

I liked the new album actually and will interested to hear the new stuff and IMO the new singer doesn't sound much different than Taylor. But Taylor was awesome and it sucks he's not in the band anymore.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. There were honestly moments on 'Waters Rising' where it literally sounded like Ron Taylor himself. I have nothing in the world against the new guy's voice - in fact if they were still writing good songs he'd be the PERFECT replacement... it's just the songs they have recorded since Ron left are f*cking terrible.

I liked the new album actually and will interested to hear the new stuff and IMO the new singer doesn't sound much different than Taylor. But Taylor was awesome and it sucks he's not in the band anymore.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. There were honestly moments on 'Waters Rising' where it literally sounded like Ron Taylor himself. I have nothing in the world against the new guy's voice - in fact if they were still writing good songs he'd be the PERFECT replacement... it's just the songs they have recorded since Ron left are f*cking terrible.

Backed 110%. And most of those songs had been floating around as demos with Ron Taylor singing them and I didn't like 'em then either.

You can't polish a turd!! :unsure:

I still say "Water Rising" is right up there with all of Lillian Axe's other releases. I was a little worried that Lillian Axe would totally suck without Ron Taylor... but I was more then happy with the "Water Rising" release. I saw Lillian Axe live about a month after the CD was released and again was very happy with the newest line up. It isn't often I buy a CD on the day it comes out any more...but I'll make an exception for this one. I should again be seeing Lillian Axe just after the release of the new disc.

All this being said... I would prefer Rob Taylor to be a member of Lillian Axe. But there is no way I will desert this band because he is not.