Hoobastank - For(n)ever

Mullethead

I have liked literally one song off all their releases... very skeptical about trying this one out, but I guess I will give it a go. I didn't know they had a new release...

Wow, what have we got here? The first song sounds like the freakin' Donots and the second song, 'I don't think I love you' instantly blows everything they've ever recorded out of the water. 'So far so close' then proceeds to slow things down with a pretty beautiful balladic gem. Now I'm up to the 4th song, 'All about you' and again, strongly reminded of The Donots here. Is this still the original singer?

Seriously, this one sounds like it could be a good disc. The first few songs are all very impressive. Far, far better than the vibe on ANY of their other discs. I'll return with my thoughts at the conclusion of the spin.

EDIT: 'You're the one' and 'You need to be here' are both great ballads and 'Sick of hanging on' is a great rocker. But to be honest, there's not really anything too bad here at all. I think the start of the disc was the strongest - 'I don't think I love you' and 'So far so close'. But this is by so far their most consistent and best album. Worth checking out.

Wow, what have we got here? The first song sounds like the freakin' Donots and the second song, 'I don't think I love you' instantly blows everything they've ever recorded out of the water. 'So far so close' then proceeds to slow things down with a pretty beautiful balladic gem. Now I'm up to the 4th song, 'All about you' and again, strongly reminded of The Donots here. Is this still the original singer?

Seriously, this one sounds like it could be a good disc. The first few songs are all very impressive. Far, far better than the vibe on ANY of their other discs. I'll return with my thoughts at the conclusion of the spin.

EDIT: 'You're the one' and 'You need to be here' are both great ballads and 'Sick of hanging on' is a great rocker. But to be honest, there's not really anything too bad here at all. I think the start of the disc was the strongest - 'I don't think I love you' and 'So far so close'. But this is by so far their most consistent and best album. Worth checking out.

Yep, same guy. I like the cd too...surprised really.

• My Little Pony

Yep, same guy. I like the cd too...surprised really.

Did you guys buy it or are you sampling it somewhere, and where?

I sampled the entire album and while it was decent, I still wasn't blown away by this one. I did however purchase the track "The Letter" off of itunes. That song was a kickass tune about a girl cheating on a guy. "I Don't Think I Love You" was a pretty cool song as well. Other than that, I could pass on the rest of the album. Not bad, just not great either.

I picked this up the other day and while it doesn't bring anything fresh to the modern rock table, it's pretty solid in a formulaic kind of way. It's better than their debut (which I never particularly cared for) but nowhere near as good as "The Reason," which remains their crowning moment. I think if you liked their last album ("Last Man Standing") you'll like this one too.

• 7 years later...

Am I allowed to post on such an old thread? haha

Anyway, when this album came out I was disappointed. However, I've revisited it lately and I really enjoy it. Pretty much all hoobastank releases are damn solid, my favorite though is still the self-titled. Admittedly, I need to take the time to give their newest one a chance now. I wish they'd release something new now, since the latest one was 2012 now (and it's 2016).

Hoobastank guitar tabs actually played a major role in me learning guitar :D

• My Little Pony

Damn. Digging up an old thread. I might have to revisit this album, as it's probably been seven years since I listened to it.

For me, I'd probably struggle to create an EP of really great Hoobastank songs. Don't mind the band... but not a big fan by any stretch.