Jimi Jamison - Crossroads Moment

Faron

I borrowed this off my friend to listen to and really rate very highly, now on my want list.

I`m probably not 100% certain of all the songs yet but these are the "lesser" tracks for me at the moment....

When Rock Was King

She`s Nothing To Me

My standouts at the moment are......

Lost

Crossroads Moment

As Is

Love The World Away (Really like the vocals on this)

Can`t Look Away

Behind The Music

Really giving this some airtime, as I do with unfamilliar stuff.

I`m interested to know what others think of this album and what the good and bad songs are?

I borrowed this off my friend to listen to and really rate very highly, now on my want list.

I`m probably not 100% certain of all the songs yet but these are the "lesser" tracks for me at the moment....

When Rock Was King

She`s Nothing To Me

Lost

Crossroads Moment

As Is

Can`t Look Away

Behind The Music

I`m interested to know what others think of this album and what the good and bad songs are?

First opinion, I think it is way too long at 15 tracks. I'd agree with your filler tracks and I would add the atrocious lyrics of 'Battersea' aswell - terrible. As I have mentioned elsewhere 'When Rock Was King' is apalling and the WORST AOR track I have heard since I can't remember, but the opposite can be said for the title track which is fantastic and one of the best AOR tracks I have heard in a long time. I have heard this disc described as an AOR masterpiece by some easily pleased 'freaks' on the net and it is way off that. Jamison is great, The band sounds tight , but Peterik's songwriting and especially lyrics at times are really not very good at all. Overall, very good if it were a 10 tracker, but a masterpiece it isn't.

When Rock Was King

She`s Nothing To Me

Lost

Crossroads Moment

As Is

Can`t Look Away

Behind The Music

First opinion, I think it is way too long at 15 tracks. I'd agree with your filler tracks and I would add the atrocious lyrics of 'Battersea' aswell - terrible. As I have mentioned elsewhere 'When Rock Was King' is apalling and the WORST AOR track I have heard since I can't remember, but the opposite can be said for the title track which is fantastic and one of the best AOR tracks I have heard in a long time. I have heard this disc described as an AOR masterpiece by some easily pleased 'freaks' on the net and it is way off that. Jamison is great, The band sounds tight , but Peterik's songwriting and especially lyrics at times are really not very good at all. Overall, very good if it were a 10 tracker, but a masterpiece it isn't.

Cheers for the reply Jez, apart from the title track, what are you standouts on this?

Battersea, I tend to skip past this one, Lost is one of my faves, reminds me of Take That (as suggested by Glen too ).

Yeah, there some God awful tracks on this one, but also some killer AOR songs.

My shortened version of 10 songs on my ipod is marvellous and leaves out all the crappy theatrical styled songs which just reminded me of the last (awful) POL album!

Well "Battersea" is the worst opening track in AOR history (why would anyone write a song about a shit-hole place near London that's just a dump?), but afterwards it's a very solid disc. I love Pride of Lions & this is very similar to that stuff, so is well worth getting IMO. And the title-track is magnificent....

I agree with Jez on 'When Rock Was King'. This song is a joke, it's horrible (but maybe it was an inside joke :)

Some tracks sound like POL leftovers. Some are good, but I am disappointed anyway.

Favourite track: "lost"

How about listing what your faves are, as one or two have a 10 track playlist!

What are your least favourites?

Cheers

I doubt I'll ever bother listening to this, but I just have to say it - I hate the album title. I don't even know why, I just hate 'Crossroad Moment'. One of the worst titles I've ever heard.

I am a little interested to hear just how bad these songs you guys mention are, though. :lol:

I am a little interested to hear just how bad these songs you guys mention are, though. :lol:

"Battersea" is horrible, utterly tuneless & easily the worst song I've ever heard that Peterik has written. But some of the others are more filler material than being outright awful.

"Battersea" is horrible, utterly tuneless & easily the worst song I've ever heard that Peterik has written. But some of the others are more filler material than being outright awful.

'Make You A Believer' is just stunning - easily the best AOR song of 2008!!

The chorus and solo are just mind blowing IMO. As good as AOR gets.

"Battersea" is horrible, utterly tuneless & easily the worst song I've ever heard that Peterik has written.

Wow, that's hard to fathom. Worse than his solo album and Pride of Lions' more recent material? Lord knows the man has a banquet of utter shit to choose from, so if it's worse than all that... wow. :lol: Anyway, looks like I might be giving this one a spin after all. Maybe.

I'm spinning this one as we speak, and what do you know; I am not in disgust. I am only up to track 10 but I can already say without doubt that this is 10 times the album that 1990 solo disc was. 'When the world comes down' or whatever it was called.

It's not blowing me away by any means, but it is impressing me and will definitely warrant further spins. I haven't heard any real moster shithouse tracks... and yeah, that includes the opener. I guess I can see what you guys are saying about the lyrics, but there's worse stuff on discs like Valentine and Shadowman, without a doubt. This disc just sounds like a solid collection of melodic rock/AOR. I hope after a few spins a few of these songs stick out because none have really done that yet, though this one here - 'Till the morning comes' is a great example of the good songs that I've been hearing. Very nice.

That's a mammoth call, young man. I don't think I thought too much of that one...

I'm spinning this one as we speak, and what do you know; I am not in disgust. I am only up to track 10 but I can already say without doubt that this is 10 times the album that 1990 solo disc was. 'When the world comes down' or whatever it was called.

It's not blowing me away by any means, but it is impressing me and will definitely warrant further spins. I haven't heard any real moster shithouse tracks... and yeah, that includes the opener. I guess I can see what you guys are saying about the lyrics, but there's worse stuff on discs like Valentine and Shadowman, without a doubt. This disc just sounds like a solid collection of melodic rock/AOR. I hope after a few spins a few of these songs stick out because none have really done that yet, though this one here - 'Till the morning comes' is a great example of the good songs that I've been hearing. Very nice.

That's a mammoth call, young man. I don't think I thought too much of that one...

Young man.......I like the sound of that :tumbsup:

Great song for me - excellent lyrics, chorus, solo, dit dit keys.........what more could you want!

Great song for me - excellent lyrics, chorus, solo, dit dit keys.........what more could you want!

I still say, until I am blue in the face, that the title track is way out the best tune on here.

Well, in the end the only song I found really disgusting was 'When Rock Was King'. Man, I can see what you guys are saying about that one. Amazingly bad song, but the rest ranged from okay/good to pretty damn good. Looking forward to the next spin.

I still say, until I am blue in the face, that the title track is way out the best tune on here.

Are you blue yet??

I would say that 'Lost' is better too - stunning ballad.

& perhaps 'Alive' - I just love that song

:nyanya:

Are you blue yet??

I would say that 'Lost' is better too - stunning ballad.

& perhaps 'Alive' - I just love that song

:nyanya:

Absolutely mate :tumbsup: