Favorite song: Cold Sweat - "Break Out" (1990)

Cold Sweat - "Break Out"  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cold-sweat-break-out.jpg

One of the most underrated hair metal/melodic rock albums of the early 90's if you ask me!

After leaving Keel, guitarist Marc Ferrari formed Cold Sweat...and "Break Out" could very well be the best work of his career if you ask me. And that's saying a lot, because I'm a big Keel fan as well.

What's your favorite song off of the "Break Out" album?

This is such hard call, because I don't think there's a bad track on it. Having said that, I think I'd have to go with "Lovestruck" as my absolute favorite! Closely followed by "Take This Heart of Mine".

I love this disc!!! A fantastic all around album!! My favorite is "Waiting In Vain". But "Four On The Floor", "Lovestruck", and "Take This Heart Of Mine" are all stellar!! :banger:

One of my fav albums of the early 90's with "Four on the Floor" being my fav. :banger:

When that song comes on and I'm driving I wanna put the pedal to the floor every damn time. :drag:

Other fav songs are ALL OF THEM. I love this damn album and they should of had a few hit singles IMO.

"Waiting in Vain", "Lovestruck", "Take this Heart of Mine" and "Lets Make Love Tonght" should of been hits.

But it's the heavier tunes like, "Four", "Jump the Gun", "Killing Floor" and what is one of the greatest if not the greatest cover of all time in "I Just Wanna Make Love to You" that really kicks my ass.

On top of that Ferrari and Gammans play their asses off and Rory(Roy)Cathey sings his ass off.

Four on the Floor for me. Not sure why I don't really like this album all that much. I guess it never really "hit" me as much as some people. I prefer the Keel releases much much more.

Four on the Floor for me. Not sure why I don't really like this album all that much. I geiss it never really "hit" me as much as some people. I prefer the Keel releases much much more.

Were gonna have to discuss this over a few beers in July. :tumbsup:

Four on the Floor for me. Not sure why I don't really like this album all that much. I geiss it never really "hit" me as much as some people. I prefer the Keel releases much much more.

Absolutely. But I don't think you will convince me much. I bought this on cassette the week it came out, listened to it and shelfed it. I have tried to like it, but I just cannot dig it. I cannot say the same for Heavy Pettin's~ Rock Ain't Dead. I hated that when I bought it and now I LOVE it.

Again, not sure why I can't get into this one. We will discuss over a cold one in July!

Absolutely. But I don't think you will convince me much. I bought this on cassette the week it came out, listened to it and shelfed it. I have tried to like it, but I just cannot dig it. I cannot say the same for Heavy Pettin's~ Rock Ain't Dead. I hated that when I bought it and now I LOVE it.

Again, not sure why I can't get into this one. We will discuss over a cold one in July!

Well maybe after your on beer #25 I can be more convincing on why this is a great album.

Or I'll just stick Evil Rick on you and you won't have any choice but to see things my way. :lol:

Four on the Floor for me. Not sure why I don't really like this album all that much. I guess it never really "hit" me as much as some people. I prefer the Keel releases much much more.

You are crazy bud :) Hey didnt we already do a poll on this? Either way, Jump the Gun for me! :banger:

Easy choice - 'Take this heart of mine' is one of my all-time favourite songs ever.

Of the rest, I love 'Waiting in vain', 'Cryin' shame' and 'Let's make love tonight' (Cathey's vocal delivery in the second verse of that songs sends shivers accross my scrotal passage every time without fail).