Foreigner

TangoCharlie

Ive never known a band replace a lead singer with someone who fits so well!!

Kelly Hanson reminds me a bit of Steven Tyler but his voice fits the band so well!

And with the powerhouse of Jason Bonham drumming, Foreigner are a good quality and curent band once again!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EraZ1y5fucs&...feature=related

Tc

He`s a great vocalist and fits in perfectly for me.

Possibly sings some of the classic tunes better than Lou Gramm ever did live!

Saw Foreigner last year and he was note perfection, they were great, all they need now is to record an album of original tunes and refresh the set list :tumbsup:

Kelly Hanson reminds me a bit of Steven Tyler but his voice fits the band so well!

And with the powerhouse of Jason Bonham drumming, Foreigner are a good quality and curent band once again!

Tc

Yes he's a great singer as he was when he was in Hurricane.

And FYI Bonham is no longer in Foreigner but is working with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and supposedly Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge in new project.

Tc

I have the FOREIGNER Extended Versions series CD (recorded 2004 I think) and it is very good. He sounds like a young Lou on most of the songs, and the band lineup includes Jeff Pilson and Bonham. I think Mick is the only original member left...

Funny you should say that about Tyler likealook...I thought that too ! They were on the biography channel for some reason a few days back, I thought it looked like Bonham drumming - I have no idea why they were on or what it was about as I only caught the program halfway through but they were performing a few songs (which was surprisingly good) and there were "on the couch" interviews with Mick Jones and that Hanson chappie!

Funny you should say that about Tyler likealook...I thought that too ! They were on the biography channel for some reason a few days back, I thought it looked like Bonham drumming - I have no idea why they were on or what it was about as I only caught the program halfway through but they were performing a few songs (which was surprisingly good) and there were "on the couch" interviews with Mick Jones and that Hanson chappie!

Thats exactly what I saw and sparked my re-appreciation of the fantastic Foreigner!

Can I just say that, I much prefer Foreigner to Journey!! Better songs imo!

Tc

I got the Extended Version Live album and was impressed with it aswell. looking forward to hearing a new studio album hopefully.

• 2 months later...

Just listening to one of their new tracks - Too Late.

Sounds like classic Foreigner, still well impressed with Kelly Hansen, great vocalist :tumbsup:

I caught a live show that was aired on PBS of all channels a couple weeks ago and I was very impressed. They would be a fun band to see live with the current lineup.

I caught a live show that was aired on PBS of all channels a couple weeks ago and I was very impressed. They would be a fun band to see live with the current lineup.

I saw them in 2007 and they were really, really good.

Musically spot on and the vocals were exceptional.

Kelly Hansen for me, nailed every note, incredible live performance.

I`ve said elsewhere that I`d seen Foreigner with Lou Gramm and they/he were great but Lou struggled with the odd note or two where Kelly Hansen didn`t! :tumbsup:

Look forward to seeing them live again with some new material in tow :tumbsup:

Musically spot and the vocals were exceptional.

I`ve said elsewhere that I`d seen Foreigner with Lou Gramm and they/he were great but Lou struggled with the odd note or two where Kelly Hansen didn`t! :tumbsup:

I hope Jason Bonham is back with them now the silly Zep thing has sunk!

Tc

Musically spot and the vocals were exceptional.

I hope Jason Bonham is back with them now the silly Zep thing has sunk!

Tc

He compliments a great line up :tumbsup: