Lynam

Guest Jason Markham

Guest Jason Markham

Hello guys, I just wanted to recommend this cool band from Alabama--"Lynam" They have the following albums available:

Lynam--Slave to the Machine (available from CD Baby)

Lynam--Tragic City Symphony--(right now its only available on their website--single "save my soul" can be heard on Sirius Octane)

Lynam--Bling Bling--This release is currently out of print. I just bought a copy for $80 on musicstack. The album is displayed at CDBaby, but they no longer carry it. You can still sample tracks from the album.

So if you guys get a chance, check these guys out....if you like artists like Hinder you should like these guys.

I prefer Hinder by far, but Lynam are definitely a good band. 'Slave to the machine' is a cool hard rock disc and the new one ain't bad either. A few gems on it. A few fillers, yes, but not bad. Just for your info, Jason, you know these guys (well at least the lead singer) used to be in a bad called Mars Electric, who released two albums: 'Beautiful Something' (2000) and 'Fame Among the Vulgar' (2003)?

'Fame Among the Vulgar' is probably still the best album of the lot... even though I like the harder rocking sound of Lynam a lot better.

I prefer Hinder by far, but Lynam are definitely a good band. 'Slave to the machine' is a cool hard rock disc and the new one ain't bad either. A few gems on it. A few fillers, yes, but not bad. Just for your info, Jason, you know these guys (well at least the lead singer) used to be in a bad called Mars Electric, who released two albums: 'Beautiful Something' (2000) and 'Fame Among the Vulgar' (2003)?

'Fame Among the Vulgar' is probably still the best album of the lot... even though I like the harder rocking sound of Lynam a lot better.

Wow I didn't know that...That Mars Electric sucked IMO...In fact I still have that CD I think..

Why..I have no idea...They certainly "jumped up in the game"

Wow I didn't know that...That Mars Electric sucked IMO...In fact I still have that CD I think..

Why..I have no idea...They certainly "jumped up in the game"

Which Mars Electric do you have? The debut it pretty crap but I love the 2nd one. The only problem across the board on ALL these releases is that the dude has a really, really weak voice.

Guest Jason Markham

Thanks for telling me that, Geoff. I wil have to check that band out. The new Hinder kicks butt too. :)

Thanks for telling me that, Geoff. I wil have to check that band out. The new Hinder kicks butt too. :)

No worries mate. Also, to add to your first post, Lynam actually released their first album ('White Trash Superstar) in 2002:

White Trash Superstar... nice cover

And then of course there is this one, which I still haven't heard:

Life In Reverse... their 3rd album

I can't believe that was sitting at CD Baby the whole time and I never knew. If the US exchange rate was still decent I'd buy it in a heartbeat! SHIT!

• 3 months later...
Hello guys, I just wanted to recommend this cool band from Alabama--"Lynam" They have the following albums available:

Lynam--Slave to the Machine (available from CD Baby)

Lynam--Tragic City Symphony--(right now its only available on their website--single "save my soul" can be heard on Sirius Octane)

Lynam--Bling Bling--This release is currently out of print. I just bought a copy for $80 on musicstack. The album is displayed at CDBaby, but they no longer carry it. You can still sample tracks from the album.

So if you guys get a chance, check these guys out....if you like artists like Hinder you should like these guys.

Yes, I like and recommend all their releases. Lots of energy! Just the right balance between 80's style hard rock and modernism! LYNAM ROCKS!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm way behind on this one I know, but I just scored a copy of Lynam "Tragic City Symphony". Count me impressed. I had no idea this very cool slab of hard rock has been waving under my nose for the past six months. This was a nice blend of straight ahead rockers and power ballads. They even had Hinder doing gang vocals on one of the tracks, so you know the type of sound they were going for. And to top it off, I see that Beau Hill even mixed one of the tracks (I love seeing Beau Hill's name on anything). Out of twelve tracks there were only a couple of fillers. The first track "Is this a heartbreak or a loaded gun" is worth its weight in gold. Highly recommended.

The first track "Is this a heartbreak or a loaded gun" is worth its weight in gold. Highly recommended.

Yes indeed! Love that song.

The first track "Is This a Heartbreak or a Loaded gun" is worth its weight in gold.

Yes indeed! Love that song.

Just checked this out, and indeed, "Is This Heartbreak or a Loaded Gun" is fan-fucking-awesome-tastic. That sucker just might go down as the best chorus I've heard all year...

The other tracks I sampled were good too, and this CD just went on my to-buy list.