Wrabit CD's

Kim_Hp

Kim,

You will always get a silver cd from Schmankerl Records that's for sure. I think it's their re-release of Wrabit cds. I bought once Stan Bush cd from them (called, limited collector's edition). It's silverpressed, and nice but it's them who got in contact with Stan Bush and re-released his album in small, limited amount. So I think that might be the same with Wrabit's cd - cool booklet, silverpressed cd, but not the same label it was on in the first place.

Does anyone know anything about these "collector's edition" CD's sold by Schmankerl Records? Which label, are they official, etc?

http://www.schmankerl-records.com/catalogu...0o0umcmuvadoun7

Bloody good question !! I will see what I can find out.

I guess that Fahrenheit - talking bout love cd was released in a similar way. Not an official re-release, but not a cheap ass, green boot.

Wasn't the Fahrenheit an official re-issue from NL Distribution?

I think that these Wrabit's may be in the same league as the 2 Hyts and 2 Mayday disc from a while back.

It sounds like the bonus live tracks are from the Live show I (and RealRock Fan) have.

I guess that Fahrenheit - talking bout love cd was released in a similar way. Not an official re-release, but not a cheap ass, green boot.

I think that these Wrabit's may be in the same league as the 2 Hyts and 2 Mayday disc from a while back.

It sounds like the bonus live tracks are from the Live show I (and RealRock Fan) have.

Jez and I :bowdown:

I don't have it, so I can't tell for sure, but I remember seeing it's artwork and there was a logo (a cd store logo). And that store was selling it on ebay with buyitnow option. However it won't be exactly the same, because Fahrenheit is available worldwide, while most of those COLLECTORS EDITION from Schmankerl guys are available only through their website.

When I was intrested in that "Limited collectors edition' of Stan Bush cd, they told me it's not SCOTTI BROS one, but it's not green etc. Since Stan is distributing his music himself I think they contected him, and made a limited amount of cds (like 100) by themselves.

All I say it might be similar in this case.

I always thought Schmankerl was a reliable CD store, but after they started selling bootlegs my opinion has changed. I ordered Stan Bush & Barrage - s/t and Urgent - Thinking Out Loud a while ago, and both were bootlegs. Which they admitted.

But you could be right, i don't know. I really want these Wrabit cd's, but I think 18 euro is a bit high!

Well, I went ahead and ordered the "Tracks" CD. I should have it next week and I will let you guys know what they look and sound like.

If they are in the same league as the HYTS and MAYDAY CD's, that Jez mentioned, then there is no reason to complain, imo. All of them are awesome !

:guitbannana:

Wow, how the mighty have fallen.

I guess if selling bootlegs is cool, how about this... I have all three original Japanese pressings of WRABIT on CD and if anyone wants downloads FREE OF CHARGE I can upload them to my computer then email them out. I've never done this before so I might need some schooling, but I'd be willing to take time out ouf my day to keep them (schmankerl) from profiting off bogus releases.

Let me know if you're interested.

Hell, I have hundreds of rare and OOP titles... If you know of other bootlegs and don't want to pay for them, I'll upload and send them all for free (if I have them), but only if there are bootlegs already out there.

The original s/t Wrabit LP was on the MCA label; were there any CDs issued by them or are they all subsequent re - releases by others?

All the Japanese versions of the 3 Wrabit discs are all on MCA Japan. I am really glad I got these years back when i had the chance, as they are getting really hard to find, or when you do, go for silly prices.

The original s/t Wrabit LP was on the MCA label; were there any CDs issued by them or are they all subsequent re - releases by others?

All the Japanese versions of the 3 Wrabit discs are all on MCA Japan. I am really glad I got these years back when i had the chance, as they are getting really hard to find, or when you do, go for silly prices.

Me too, 3 of my more treasured cd`s :tumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Actually, I know where to find at least 2 of the 3 Wrabit Japanese pressings still sealed. I've been loathe to front the money for them though, given that the owner wants strong money for them, and I haven't been sure if I could recoup the money on eBay. If these are on anyone's "must have" list, PM me with offers and I'll see what I can do. Note: not cheap.

-Dan