Street Legal - Thunderdome

Stefan

The "Thunderdome" release from 2000 was pretty good IMO. Hard rock in the vein of Thin Lizzy with touches of Whitesnake. Now they are about to release the new one ("Bite The Bullet") through Frontiers in early 2009.
I'm not sure if these two songs (demos) are featured on it but take a listen to Somebody Up There Likes Me and the smokin' version of Michael Sembello's Maniac

Great stuff :banger:

• 4 months later...
The "Thunderdome" release from 2000 was pretty good IMO. Hard rock in the vein of Thin Lizzy with touches of Whitesnake. Now they are about to release the new one ("Bite The Bullet") through Frontiers in early 2009.

I'm not sure if these two songs (demos) are featured on it but take a listen to Somebody Up There Likes Me and the smokin' version of Michael Sembello's Maniac

So the new one from Street Legal is coming out on March 13th. Am I the only one looking forward to this? :unsure:

Check out the disc on melodicrock.com

Rocking :banger:

So the new one from Street Legal is coming out on March 13th. Am I the only one looking forward to this? :unsure:

Check out the disc on melodicrock.com

Rocking :banger:

A band that I'm not too familiar with but judging by these samples I should check out more of them. Great stuff!

boy haven't we been kept waiting a real long time for this, wasn't tghis suposed to be out 2003/2004?

i'm extremely keen on checking this out :beerbang:

Don't know what the problem was with the new one but it is long overdue. The debut was a bit divided, half of the album pretty decent, the other half simply excellent.

I could download it right now but don't care for them...

I could give it a spin too, but I also haven't bothered... yet. I am thinking of doing so out of respect to DaVinci, but I can't say I'm excited. The debut wasn't awful, but wasn't real good either.

I could download it right now but don't care for them...

I could give it a spin too, but I also haven't bothered... yet. I am thinking of doing so out of respect to DaVinci, but I can't say I'm excited. The debut wasn't awful, but wasn't real good either.

Backed.

Well, got to track 9 and just had to call it a day. I tried. If you liked the debut you might like this, but I think it's even worse (because there was one great ballad on the debut). The thing is, this is not BAD music. If you like older Whitesnake, or Badlands and that type of thing this is probably up your alley, but it is really, really not my scene. Not a decent chorus or beefy riff or hook to be found on this thing...

Glad thy're back after tha accident.

The first one really didn't grab me, except the song powertool and some others few.

Now I must take it out of my cellar, It's been there for so long time.

The new mp3 are itneresting,

Maniac is a cover heard form many other bands, like my sharona for example ,

It should be better Use more fantasy and choose something more original than this deja heard cover.

• 5 months later...
Well, got to track 9 and just had to call it a day. I tried. If you liked the debut you might like this, but I think it's even worse (because there was one great ballad on the debut). The thing is, this is not BAD music. If you like older Whitesnake, or Badlands and that type of thing this is probably up your alley, but it is really, really not my scene. Not a decent chorus or beefy riff or hook to be found on this thing...

This band in no way sounds like Badlands but is instead an awesome tribute to the great Thin Lizzy.

If you like Thin Lizzy with a small dash of Whitesnake then you'd love this band but if don't appreciate Lizzy then you wouldn't like this band it's that simple IMO. The new one 'Street Legal' is awesome IMO and is full of great harmonies and great musicianship with some excellent songs.

• 7 years later...

There were a few excellent songs on this release. 'Red Light District' is awesome, 'Wrong Side Of Time' also. 'Chasing The Rainbow' another winner.

thunderdome.jpg

51uuR7TTw7L.jpg

Agreed, some really good songs, of which I'd include the title track, but also a few that I usually skip when playing the cd