In This Moment - 'The Dream'

Geoff

Here's one well worth checking out for the female vocal hard rock fans amongst us. I guess like Paramore and Damone the real sticklers will lump this in with "modern" hard rock, but the only modern thing I hear about it is that is was recorded in 2008... oh, and that silly screamo track near the end of the album.

But what you must do is check out this disc, especially the first approx. 8 songs. Killer hard rock with good solid female vocals.

Anyone ever wonder what actually makes modern rock these days? The bands with male vocals who sound like this get lumped in with "modern rock" but to me this, with female vocals (which is the same style as the bands with the dudes) just sounds like pure hard rock taken from the 80's in style. What a difference the vocals seem to make to some...

http://www.myspace.com/inthismoment

Nice, ill check this out.

Female screamo.... those two words should not go together.... unless.. ok ill let Geoff say it..

It's not a pretty thing. Thankfully it just sort of comes from out of nowhere on the disc too. The rest is just nice crisp melodic hard rock. Except the last couple of songs. This'll fit in nicely with your adoration for Paramore and Damone. As good as those two at least.

Female screamo.... those two words should not go together.... unless.. ok ill let Geoff say it..

It's not a pretty thing. Thankfully it just sort of comes from out of nowhere on the disc too. The rest is just nice crisp melodic hard rock. Except the last couple of songs. This'll fit in nicely with your adoration for Paramore and Damone. As good as those two at least.

nice

is the chick decent? :whistle:

nice

is the chick decent? :whistle:

No, not at all. I just checked out the myspace page and I might have caught rabies on sight alone.

Sweet voice, though. The piano ballad about 5-6 songs in is just beautiful.

Wow... that actually changes things a bit. I only saw a face shot, but looking at the rest of it... yeah, I'd hit it. Great quality rack.

Yeah, I saw the other album called 'Beautiful tragedy' out there on the web. I'll find it. The band was listed as "melodic metalcore" and considering the fact that 'The Dream' couldn't be less of that style, I assume the debut was probably heavy as f*ck. I'll try to find out.

Read a few reviews of 'Beautiful tragedy' and we all agree on one thing - the lead singer has great norks.

As for the music, sounds like the debut was a lot heavier and that there was a lot more screaming. Might be best to stick with the new one, I dare say.

windowslivewriterinthismomentsmariabrinkfeaturedininkmaga-10137mariaink-2.jpg

gack! i hate tattoos

:norks:

In all honesty, I was about to say "what tattoos" in reply to Matt because with my hand on my heart I hadn't noticed any tattoos, but I'd already replied with something else so I let it slide.

• 2 weeks later...
So what did you think of this one, Matthew Envelope?

on my first late night spin... well quite impressed.. not quite hearing the Paramore/Damone influences.... maybe at a push a mix of Within Temptation and Paramore...?

definately needs spin, but i recall some very cool solos, but alot of songs sounded the same...

I heard the first album from these guys and it really wasn't my thing at all. Very cheesy Metalcore-style...

So I've spun this one a few times and it's actually very good. Sure that chick is a munter with a very droopy set of charlies, but she sure as shit has a fine voice on her. The earlier album was metalcore with some great breakdowns on it, & whereas it's disappointing that this is a pretty lightweight album, the vocals really are sensational. Especially on ballad "Into the Light", which is killer. One of the best female vocalists I've heard, if only she (and the band) would let loose a bit more this would've been even better. Very good MHR...

Sure that chick is a munter with a very droopy set of charlies, but she sure as shit has a fine voice on her.

:lol:

Yeah. that ballad is a great one... this is a good disc.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

She looks like an elf, but not the kind that makes one wish life were a fantasy realm. One of the scary elves.

• My Little Pony

Or maybe I'm thinking more of a twixie or trixie, whatever they're called. The midget elves with wings that cause mischief - she has mischievous teeth.

• 5 weeks later...

Why is there always a guest viewing this subject, every single time without fail when I look at the 'last click' option??? I need to know.

Why is there always a guest viewing this subject, every single time without fail when I look at the 'last click' option??? I need to know.

it could be the munter..

It'd surely have to be a member of the band?

On a related note, though, these guys are playing at that Soundwave Festival in February. I will see them.

• 3 weeks later...

There are currently two Guests viewing this thread. I just need to know why. That's all.

And I won't be seeing them as they pulled out of the Soundwave Festival.