ROCK GONE WILD - 2009

heaven&hell

It looks like this is happening in Iowa next year in August.

From the myspace page there's quite a few good bands as friends but the only band that I've read as confirmed is Saigon Kick but not sure what lineup it'll be. I'm sure a full anouncement of a lineup will come out soon.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=383689151

Hey Pete is you get Rockarma or Farcy or both on this bill I'm there. :tumbsup:

Ditto! We can be like the Grateful Dead fans that roam the country following their favorite band. Only there are a lot less of us (for now anyway) and we believe in taking showers.

I'd be all up for this festival, but five days?? Holy cow would I ever have to pace myself.

Ditto! We can be like the Grateful Dead fans that roam the country following their favorite band. Only there are a lot less of us (for now anyway) and we believe in taking showers.

I'd be all up for this festival, but five days?? Holy cow would I ever have to pace myself.

Yeah the shower thing would be a deal breaker as far as being a Deadhead. :tumbsup:

As far as 5 days, you'd have to hold Evil Rick back a little longer and without a doubt I'd need to double or even triple up on sunscreen. :lol:

Yeah the shower thing would be a deal breaker as far as being a Deadhead. :tumbsup:

As far as 5 days, you'd have to hold Evil Rick back a little longer and without a doubt I'd need to double or even triple up on sunscreen. :lol:

Yes, we must not forget the sunscreen next time. Pure misery is not a good feeling.

• 2 months later...

This is the latest list of bands confirmed for this event:

SKID ROW has been confirmed for for the inaugural Rock Gone Wild festival on August 20-23, 2009 in Algona, Iowa.

The festival billing is now shaping up as follows:

DANGEROUS TOYS

GREAT WHITE

HELIX

JUNKYARD

KIX

RHINO BUCKET

SAIGON KICK

SKID ROW

Rock Gone Wild marks the only festival appearance for SAIGON KICK — featuring Matt Kramer and Phil Varone — in 2009.

Rock Gone Wild will feature more than 50 bands on two stages over four days of hard rock and heavy metal. The festival promises four decades of rock n' roll debauchery at its finest!

For the first time, Rock Gone Wild fans are able to purchase tickets at all three price levels: platinum, VIP and general admission. The platinum package offers the most luxurious festival experience in America. Platinum ticket holders are allowed exclusive access to the Sinners Lounge. The Sinners Lounge features buffet style lunch, dinner and nightly snacks daily; liquor and beer, soft drinks and water — all to enjoy in an air-conditioned tent. The Sinners Lounge is the perfect nightclub setting for all rock fans! Platinum ticket holders sit in the first ten rows. The package also comes with a commemorative lanyard, T-shirt, poster and more. VIP ticket holders also get special Rock Gone Wild privileges. These ticket holders will sit in rows 11-30, enjoy buffet-style lunch, dinner and late night snacks daily, plus beer, soft drinks and water. VIP fans will enjoy their food and drink in air-conditioned tents.

Fans that like to party in big groups or go their own way will love general admission seating. This ticket level allows fans re-entry access the entire run of the festival. Camping is also available for additional purchase no matter the ticket level selected. To purchase tickets, please visit tickets.rockgonewild.com.

Rock Gone Wild will take place at the Freedom Park festival grounds, located at 2507- 160th Avenue in Algona, Iowa. While Algona is a rural community, the area is close to many hotels and both the Des Moines and Minneapolis airports are easily accessible.

Visit www.rockgonewild.com for updated festival information.

Man does that ever sound like a great time! Any word on prices? I'd probably be willing to do the VIP tix if it's not too ridiculous.

I wonder if any of those bands (Especially Helix and KIX) will make it to Dakota Rock Fest as well?

Man does that ever sound like a great time! Any word on prices? I'd probably be willing to do the VIP tix if it's not too ridiculous.

I wonder if any of those bands (Especially Helix and KIX) will make it to Dakota Rock Fest as well?

I hope they hit DRF too so I don't have to go to both. :doh:

Has there been any word on the dates or any bands for DRF?

KIX will most likely play at Dakota Rock Fest as well as a couple other big shows next summer. Mostly depends on the $ since one member is 2,800 miles from the others. Funny Money make such good money locally that it isn't worth it for KIX to play if the money isn't there.

KIX will most likely play at Dakota Rock Fest as well as a couple other big shows next summer. Mostly depends on the $ since one member is 2,800 miles from the others. Funny Money make such good money locally that it isn't worth it for KIX to play if the money isn't there.

So Dave, if KIX plays DRF can we expect you to join our little party? :beerbang:

So Dave, if KIX plays DRF can we expect you to join our little party? :beerbang:

I would say there is a good chance that I will be there. I guess it will depend on the line-up vs. that of all the other shows KIX is playing. It is not 100% that they will be at DRF... but they are going to try and work it out. Most likely if Rhino Bucket plays DRF then KIX will be there. I'd like to be there... I love South Dakota especially Sioux Falls. I'd love an excusses to get back out that way. I guess the last time I was out that way (in both Sioux Falls and Rapid City) was in 2003 for Sturgis Bike Week. Spent a week in Sioux Falls and a week in Rapid City/Sturgis.

EDIT : Are you sure there will be enough beer to go around if I show up?

I would say there is a good chance that I will be there. I guess it will depend on the line-up vs. that of all the other shows KIX is playing. It is not 100% that they will be at DRF... but they are going to try and work it out. Most likely if Rhino Bucket plays DRF then KIX will be there. I'd like to be there... I love South Dakota especially Sioux Falls. I'd love an excusses to get back out that way. I guess the last time I was out that way (in both Sioux Falls and Rapid City) was in 2003 for Sturgis Bike Week. Spent a week in Sioux Falls and a week in Rapid City/Sturgis.

Well, we tried to drink all the beer last year. It looked like we were going to succeed...then they brought out more beer! That would be great if things worked out and you could make it out. You'd get a chance to party with the infamous Taco! :tumbsup:

n1382324806_2011546_7220.jpg

Well, we tried to drink all the beer last year. It looked like we were going to succeed...then they brought out more beer! That would be great if things worked out and you could make it out. You'd get a chance to party with the infamous Taco! :tumbsup:

Ohhhh.... Taco. You are making it hard to resist. You guys can get your pictures with all the rock stars (Pete included)...But I want a picture with Taco if I get out there. I mean...How could anyone restist a chance to meet Taco. The only thing I ask is tha he not be allowed to wear a AC/DC sweater while I'm there.

Ohhhh.... Taco. You are making it hard to resist. You guys can get your pictures with all the rock stars (Pete included)...But I want a picture with Taco if I get out there. I mean...How could anyone restist a chance to meet Taco. The only thing I ask is tha he not be allowed to wear a AC/DC sweater while I'm there.

Deal. But if Pete and Rockarma make it out again I just may have to find someone to make Taco a Rockarma shirt!

Deal. But if Pete and Rockarma make it out again I just may have to find someone to make Taco a Rockarma shirt!

Okay. Taco is the kicker. I will come back to DRF and hang out with Dave, Rick, Pete and Wes. What I won't do for Taco....

• 3 months later...

Damn this festival is getting better, Now with Tyketto and Crazy Lixx!!!!!!!!!!

TYKETTO AND CRAZY LIXX JOIN ALREADY MASSIVE ROCK GONE WILD LINEUP:

March 10, 2009

Surrounded by the rough and tumble streets of New York City and the beauties of Scandinavia, two bands formed to rock your ass off in Middle America. Hard rockers Tyketto and youngsters Crazy Lixx will both join the already massive Rock Gone Wild 2009 lineup. Tickets in three pricing levels are available now by visiting www.rockgonewild.com. Rock Gone Wild is slated for August 20-23, 2009 in Algona, Iowa.

Tyketto formed at the end of the 1980s in New York City . Never forgotten by a legion of rabid fans, Tyketto are known for great AOR melodies with catchy guitar hooks. The band has five albums to their credit and reformed just a handful of years ago to appease fans. Members have recently hinted at the possibility of new music. Danny Vaughn, Jimi Kennedy, Michael Clayton Arbeeny and P.J. Zitarosa are Tyketto.

Don't know Crazy Lixx? You will. The Scandinavian Glam band formed in 2002 in Malmo , Sweden . They are heavily influenced by 80s hard rock - and for this they make no apologies! The band released their critically acclaimed debut Loud Minority at the end of 2007. Danny Rexon, Joey Cirera, Luke Rivano and Andy Dawson are Crazy Lixx.

RV campsites are currently on sale and very limited in number! If you are planning to camp at Rock Gone Wild, reserve your spot now to avoid disappointment. RV campsites are nearly sold out. Tent camping also available. To purchase your campsite, please visit http://tickets.rockgonewild.com/.

Headline acts announced very soon! Bands you'll see at Rock Gone Wild 2009 include Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, Warrant, Skid Row, Candlebox, Lita Ford, Tantric, Kix, Eve 6, Saxon, Great White, Hardcore Superstar, Saigon Kick, Tigertailz, Lizzy Borden, Dangerous Toys, Helix, Rhino Bucket, Junkyard and the Gypsy Pistoleros with many more to come!

Rock Gone Wild will take place at the Freedom Park festival grounds, located at 2507 - 160th Avenue in Algona, Iowa

Damn this festival is getting better, Now with Tyketto and Crazy Lixx!!!!!!!!!!

TYKETTO AND CRAZY LIXX JOIN ALREADY MASSIVE ROCK GONE WILD LINEUP:

Well, that settles it...Tyketto is there. I'm there.