Storyteller - Corridor of Windows (2000)

JC_AOR

I'm a bit late discovering this one as MTM released the CD back in 2000 and I believe the band has been playing since the late 80's. Anyhow, just played their CD Corridor of Windows for the first time and was hugely impressed. This is absolutely wonderful stuff and IMO one of the best AOR releases I've heard for ages. Just listen to the tracks 'Hello Heaven', 'Why Cry' and the title track...awesome.

STORYTELLER_COW.JPG

1. What She Wants

2. In Your Arms

3. Hello Heaven

4. Why Cry

5. Like It or Not

6. Wait Till You Find Me

7. Corridor of Windows

8. She Sherea

9. Never

10. Where Is Daniel

11. Private Eye

12. White Liar

Some Videos:

(some of these songs don't appear on the CD so I'm not 100% sure if they're all from the same band)

Backed mate - really really good disc this one. Loads of excellent songs. Haven't played it in a while, so must dig it out again. :tumbsup:

To Add:

Reading back on the reviews of this, some people were suggesting it was the ultimate Pomp album ever. A little overboard there I think, but as I mentioned, tracks 1-7 are all killers with only a few towards the end falling a little flat.

I was involved with these guys and I was right in the middle of "Storytellermania" when it was happening. Hell, I created much of it. In just a few months these guys went from complete unknowns to practically taking over Hollywood. It's great that someone put up the Pirate Radio / "Little Willy" bit but what would be even cooler is if someone has a copy of Scott Shannon breaking into The Black Crowes' "Hard To Handle" (at the time a Top 10 single) and saying "Okay, okay, we'll play Storyteller again before the hour is up - just STOP CALLING!!!!" I remember it like it was yesterday and it was fucking brilliant. Totally unheard of. Then there was the time we heard that Mo Ostin, the then Pres. of Warner Bros. Records marched into the A&R Dept. and apparently didn't just ask but SCREAMED "Who in the fuck is this band Storyteller and why haven't we signed them yet?!?!?!!!!!"

Fun times.

As for the videos - the last 4 you have on there are from a different band. Also from Hollywood and also quite good but definitely a very different band.

'In Your Arms', 'Hello Heaven', 'She Sherea' and especially 'Why Cry' are flawless. A few average/middle-range songs, but some deadset killers on this one too. Good disc.

I was involved with these guys and I was right in the middle of "Storytellermania" when it was happening. Hell, I created much of it. In just a few months these guys went from complete unknowns to practically taking over Hollywood. It's great that someone put up the Pirate Radio / "Little Willy" bit but what would be even cooler is if someone has a copy of Scott Shannon breaking into The Black Crowes' "Hard To Handle" (at the time a Top 10 single) and saying "Okay, okay, we'll play Storyteller again before the hour is up - just STOP CALLING!!!!" I remember it like it was yesterday and it was fucking brilliant. Totally unheard of. Then there was the time we heard that Mo Ostin, the then Pres. of Warner Bros. Records marched into the A&R Dept. and apparently didn't just ask but SCREAMED "Who in the fuck is this band Storyteller and why haven't we signed them yet?!?!?!!!!!"

Fun times.

As for the videos - the last 4 you have on there are from a different band. Also from Hollywood and also quite good but definitely a very different band.

why didn't the band get signed, the cd is indeed an amazing slab of pomp, is it true they've got another albums worth of unreleased tunes? I recall MTM mentioning another Storyteller cd being a possibilty.

>> why didn't the band get signed, the cd is indeed an amazing slab of pomp, is it true they've got another albums worth of unreleased tunes? I recall MTM mentioning another Storyteller cd being a possibilty. <<

I don't remember why they didn't, to be honest. Everything was there, all the pieces were in place and Jerry was a freakin star but I don't know what happened (or didn't happen, as it were). Can't be blamed on grunge because it was a few years before that, so I dunno.

And, as far as the other albums worth, I've heard that too but I'm not sure. I know they spent a tof of time recording with Jeff Glixman so there could be a lot more stuff there. Or maybe not?

Fun times.

Cool story, sounds like they were a well known band in Ca. for a while. Yeah I had a strong suspicion those last few videos were from a different band. Another album of songs from these guys would be great!

• 5 months later...

When I first got this, I thought after the first listen that this was as bland as eating wet cardboard and put it away never to be played again for several years.... After that time, it was played again and after a very close listen I thought it was better than what I had previously thought so I continued to play it more often and it really started growing on me.

Now I absolutely love the track "Wait Till You Find Me" and it also has some other very good songs so now the album also gets a :tumbsup: from me.

Just reconnected with a few of these guys again ... through Facebook actually. New music is on the way from some of them - not as Storyteller but it'll appeal to Heavy Harmonies fans for sure from the way it's been described.

Wow, good news. I look forward to hearing more about it.

First time I heard this release I thought it was pretty lame. The other MTM releases at the time were more rocking and I couldn't really get into the Storyteller disc at all. A few years down the line I've changed my mind (maybe the music taste changed too. This is a good release. No doubt about it....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

'In Your Arms', 'Hello Heaven', 'She Sherea' and especially 'Why Cry' are flawless. A few average/middle-range songs, but some deadset killers on this one too. Good disc.

What this guy said. When they're good, they're great.