WAKE THE LIGHT

hardrockhaven

I just stumbled across this band and was like "O Yeah", that's the good stuff right there. For any lingering doubt, play the song "Paper Dolls" on their myspace page. Actually, all four sound samples are good. It says their cd is coming soon. Read their bio too. It talks about the big choruses. I for one will be snagging it up ASAP. Check it out:

http://www.myspace.com/wakethelight

This is some sweet stuff. At times the vocalist reminds me of Daughtry, but I daresay this band is more melodic and sports bigger backing vocals. It's produced by Travis Wyrick, one of my favorite contemporary producers, so you know it sounds top-notch sonically. I'll gladly buy a copy when they get around to releasing this. Not sure if this is a Christian band or not--the name could be an indication of that, and Wyrick typically works with Christian groups--but the lyrics aren't going to turn anyone off, that's for sure.

Geoff, check these guys out ASAP. If "Paper Dolls" doesn't have you drooling like a Thorazined retard, then I will give up predicting what you will and will not like.

• 4 months later...

How the hell did I miss this first time round??? As I just commented in another thread:

Wow!!! Another ballad band by the sound of those clips (except 'Broken Wings'), but holy shit! Great songs. That chorus on 'Paper dolls'... zomfg. Looking forward to this one too now!

• 4 months later...

Two new songs posted on their myspace called "Can't Live Without You" and "Story". Man, when the heck are they gonna finally release this thing. I've been waiting for it since last summer. Keeps saying new cd coming in 2009 sometime. Hurry up already.

http://www.myspace.com/wakethelight

• 1 year later...

Finally, after a two year plus wait, this album has gotten an official release date of 1/11/11. I guess they got signed to a major label and had to record everything over. At any rate, the wait is almost over and I just needed to bump this thread up gain.

• 1 month later...

Wow!!! Another ballad band by the sound of those clips

Jeez this guy's smart! :lol:

Anyway, this one's been gaining a bit of hype but I dare say there's going to be a few disappointed faces around the candlelight when it hits:

Arthur: Why will people be disappointed? Aren't all the songs great?

Me: Yes.

Arthur: So it's a very consistent CD?

Me: Yes indeed.

Arthur: Excellent production job?

Me: Yes

Arthur: So why will people be disappointed?

Me: Because pretty much every single song is a ballad, bar one or two, literally.

Seriously, 'Misplaced hero' is one of the few times they do get uptempo and it's about the best song on the CD, but man these guys like a ballad! :lol: So many ballads on here. I think there were 2 rockers and 9 ballads. But that said, they're all very good songs so if that doesn't bother you please still check it out. It's a great disc.

Tracklist:

1. Best Of Me

2. Everything Stops

3. Broken Wings

4. Cant Live Without You

5. Misplaced Hero

6. Only

7. Give Into You

8. Home To Me

9. Leave It All Behind

10. Say Its Over

11. What Are You Waiting For

I've been waiting for this for a long time (summer of 2008 to be exact). Did you get an advance copy or something? At least your review still has me stoked as I'm a sucker for good ballads.

Never mind. I see that it's currently available for download on Itunes. Cool. At least I'll get to hear the samples before I buy a hard copy in January.

I've been waiting for this for a long time (summer of 2008 to be exact). Did you get an advance copy or something? At least your review still has me stoked as I'm a sucker for good ballads.

Yeah, an advance copy has hit the airwaves. As I said, it's a very good CD and anyone who doesn't run and cry at the sight of a great ballad. :)

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH! Where the F is "Paper Dolls"? That was my favorite sample off of their myspace page. I don't see it on the track listing from Itunes. Yes, I realize I am talking to myself right now lol.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH! Where the F is "Paper Dolls"? That was my favorite sample off of their myspace page. I don't see it on the track listing from Itunes. Yes, I realize I am talking to myself right now lol.

Yep, hate to say it mate but that one missed the cut. :(

I just listened to all the samples. You're correct, very solid album. I'll definitely be picking up a hard copy. Cutting "Paper Dolls" just sucks though. I see there's going to be one extra studio bonus track if you pre-order the new cd directly from their website. Maybe that's what they saved it for. Who knows.

• 6 years later...