Revelation Theory

Glen

I've heard these guys before... the 'Truth is currency' album. I don't think I was a fan but I don't think I hated it. I'd be interested in a new disc.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I see what's happened here. They've actually changed their name to REV THEORY; just listening to the album now - it kills what I've heard recently. The title track is magnifecent and the rest that has followed so far is very strong. This is another one to appeal to Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback, Cinder Road fans. I still hate those vocals... but some good songs on offer here. Maybe a few more words to follow tomorrow...

Ah, I see what's happened here. They've actually changed their name to REV THEORY; just listening to the album now - it kills what I've heard recently. The title track is magnifecent and the rest that has followed so far is very strong. This is another one to appeal to Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback, Cinder Road fans. I still hate those vocals... but some good songs on offer here. Maybe a few more words to follow tomorrow...

Yep, just heard this release in full - nothing bad to say about the songs on offer here. Good hard rocking bunch with a few killers thrown in.

This is never getting close to Theory Of A Deadman for me as there is just not enough melody going on - they need to concentrate on more memorable hooks for the 3rd outing if they are going to seiously compete with TOAD & Nickelback.

Enjoyed it though.

Yeah, I agree. Not on par with TOAD, Cinder Road or Hinder, but some good tracks here. The opener, 'Hell yeah', just kicks my ass. I would have liked to see them go for a few more tracks like this one. I think towards the end it gets a little swamped down with ballads and slower tracks. Still, a good listen either way.

• 1 month later...

I've been kinda interested in this one, seeing it sell pretty cheaply. This worth picking up? If it's more grungy Modern Rock (like Theory of a Deadman) then I'd probably pass, but if its' more like Shinedown then I'll love it....

I've been kinda interested in this one, seeing it sell pretty cheaply. This worth picking up? If it's more grungy Modern Rock (like Theory of a Deadman) then I'd probably pass, but if its' more like Shinedown then I'll love it....

Nowhere near Shinedown mate.....not even in the same ballpark.

& while we're at it - TOAD - grungy rock???! F me, I love that album - full of killer hooks, and rockers.

Cheers

& while we're at it - TOAD - grungy rock???! F me, I love that album - full of killer hooks, and rockers.

Cheers

Yeah I don't really like that TOAD disc, never really grew on me (apart from one tune) like it did for everyone else. Can't really put my finger on why....

I'll probably pass then, thanks for the info....

Cheers

never really grew on me (apart from one tune) like it did for everyone else. Can't really put my finger on why....

Probably cos you listened to it once like that WOA album :lol:

Cheers

never really grew on me (apart from one tune) like it did for everyone else. Can't really put my finger on why....

That's a fair point, well made. I am useless, if an album doesn't grab me first listen then I often don't go back. I'll dig out the TOAD again...

Cheers

That's a fair point, well made. I am useless, if an album doesn't grab me first listen then I often don't go back. I'll dig out the TOAD again...

Right keeping it real -

The whole album is not killer - i'll be the first to admit that. It is also over-long. They should have cut at least 2 ballads and made it a 10-11 track album.

That said, the first 5 tracks are all great.

Little Smirk is a killer rocker. Bad Girlfirend is a good fun rocker. And whilst nowhere near as good as 'Not Meant To Be', 'End Of The Summer' is a really good ballad.

:drink:

Cheers

Right keeping it real -

The whole album is not killer - i'll be the first to admit that. It is also over-long. They should have cut at least 2 ballads and made it a 10-11 track album.

That said, the first 5 tracks are all great.

Little Smirk is a killer rocker. Bad Girlfirend is a good fun rocker. And whilst nowhere near as good as 'Not Meant To Be', 'End Of The Summer' is a really good ballad.

:drink:

'End of summer', 'Not meant to be' and 'By the way' are three great songs. The rockers are pretty decent, but I agree with you, Glen. Too many songs and way too many ballads. I do like this album, but the more I hear it the more his voice grates on my nerves. It went from about 5th to out the top 10 and with the recent batch of new releases I heard I think it'll drop further. Good disc, but his voice is awful.

As for Rev Theory, a few good songs - especially the title track, but at the end of the day nothing magnificent.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, got to admit I'm listening to this now after picking it up from Secondspin for a button and a shilling and it's a lot better than I thought. It's still not spectacular or anything new... it's just very solid modern hard rock... much better than I remembered. A lot of strong tracks here. Nothing bad at all, to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked this up at a used CD shop recently for $7 and was pleasantly surprised. No, it doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it does serve up some pretty good modern hard rock. Not on the same level as the latest Theory of a Deadman or Shinedown, mind you, but still plenty solid enough to earn a spot in my collection. While some songs are better than others, there's not a single track on here that makes me reach for the Skip button. Consistently good from start to finish...unlike Geoff's lovemaking abilities...or so Matt told me.

Picked this up at a used CD shop recently for $7 and was pleasantly surprised. No, it doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it does serve up some pretty good modern hard rock. Not on the same level as the latest Theory of a Deadman or Shinedown, mind you, but still plenty solid enough to earn a spot in my collection. While some songs are better than others, there's not a single track on here that makes me reach for the Skip button. Consistently good from start to finish...unlike Geoff's lovemaking abilities...or so Matt told me.

Yep i caught it all on camera! The RSPCA has since removed the pugs. They will be sore for a while though...

Yep i caught it all on camera! The RSPCA has since removed the pugs. They will be sore for a while though...

:rofl2:

• 1 month later...

Another spin, half way through i was bored, by the end it had grown on me. "hell yeah" is the top song, with other goodies being "Ten years" and "You're the one". Solid tracks are "Far from over", "Disease" and "Light it up"... The rest are pretty boring, and there a rather annoying 3 doors down like ballad on here..

Another spin, half way through i was bored, by the end it had grown on me. "hell yeah" is the top song, with other goodies being "Ten years" and "You're the one". Solid tracks are "Far from over", "Disease" and "Light it up"... The rest are pretty boring, and there a rather annoying 3 doors down like ballad on here..

Backed 100%

• 9 months later...

Backed 100%

I love you.