A New Revolution

Glen

Oh yes...........

http://www.myspace.com/anewrevolution

Check out Love To Hate, Rise and NME

:headbanger:

Nice call. It's crankin' and in your face, yet still catchy and melodic at times. I'm gonna go try and track down my copy today.

Chris

This 'Rise' album is some very very nice in-your-face hard rock. Some kick-ass solos on this one too. I can't remember exactly what my faves were, but off the top of my head I think 'True faith' which apparently is a cover (who are New Order???) and the beautiful ballad 'Let go' was a definite highlight. This song is beautiful, but overall the whole album is a bit of a (nice) kick in the face.

Aggressive yet melodic tunes. As I said in another thread, the vocalist starts out a little rough around the edges for me, but that's a minor detail. The songs are more than good enough to compensate and when he does "gruff down" towards the end of the album (which is slower) he shows a nice side to his voice. Great disc. Thanks for the heads up.

I can't remember exactly what my faves were, but off the top of my head I think 'True faith' which apparently is a cover (who are New Order???)

New Order were an 80's British techno-pop band. I kinda thought they were big globally but maybe not... "True Faith" is a great tune though!

I really loved the sound of this & ordered it immediately. Thanks for the tip!

I did find one copy left at an FYE in my local mall. I think Geoff pretty much summed up a good review on this one. I wasn't blown away by ballad "Let Go" though. Thought they dropped the ball on the chorus there. As stated, the vocalist does take a little getting used to, but this is definitely crankin' hard rock/metal with some ballsy chrouses and riffs. The last song "Love To Hate" is a rippin' track too.

Chris

I wasn't blown away by ballad "Let Go" though. Thought they dropped the ball on the chorus there.

Yeah, it's a track that definitely builds up and I didn't even notice the chorus the first time, but by the third chorus some beautiful atmosphere has been created. I just thought it was a very nice tune. :) 'Cause I'm a pansy.

I wasn't blown away by ballad "Let Go" though. Thought they dropped the ball on the chorus there.

Yeah, it's a track that definitely builds up and I didn't even notice the chorus the first time, but by the third chorus some beautiful atmosphere has been created. I just thought it was a very nice tune. :) 'Cause I'm a pansy.

Um, yeeeeah, beautiful atmosphere isn't an ingredient I require out of my metal bands, but I digress :P

Um, yeeeeah, beautiful atmosphere isn't an ingredient I require out of my metal bands, but I digress :P

There is nothing more metal than beautiful atmosphere. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I wasn't blown away by ballad "Let Go" though.

Yeah, it's a track that definitely builds up and I didn't even notice the chorus the first time, but by the 3rd chorus some beautiful atmosphere has been created.

Um, yeeeeah, beautiful atmosphere isn't an ingredient I require out of my metal bands, but I digress. :P

There is nothing more metal than beautiful atmosphere. :)

Geoff, it's official, you are a poser, not a pureblooded metalhead. Your Headbanger's Club membership is hereby revoked. :bye: Then again, if it makes you feel better, the Club threw me out too once they found out I hate Iron Maiden...

On topic, I checked out the samples for Anew Revolution and liked what I heard.

• 3 years later...

Yo doods, did any of you guys check out their 2nd album, 'Imerica' from 2010?

Whilst on my escapades recently I was on Last FM looking for bands that apparently sound similar to Destrophy and Stealing Eden, and these guys popped up. I'd forgotten about them. So I went and bought both the CDs. Listening to 'Rise' again, I was surprised by how weak it sounded. The drums really weren't very metallic at all. :lol: Still, the album's got some good tunes on it.

I put on the 2nd one afterwards and they really stepped it up in terms of production / sound / balls. It's definitely heavier, and some of the solos are deadset screamers. Personally, I don't think the songs were quite as good as the best on the debut, but the second one was probably a more complete and consistent CD. Around track 4 or so there was a surprisingly melodic tune, but for the most part it's pretty heavy modern rock, with a slight lean towards nu-metal at times. And the vocals are aggressive throughout, and for me, hard to take. I just plain and simply don't like that side to the dood's voice.