TROUBLE have a new singer!

Fat Freddy

Just saw this on Blabbermouth and went "what the HELL?" Talk about coming out of nowhere... an odd combo, but since I'm a massive Trouble fan as well as a giant Kory Clarke fanboy, I'm psyched to hear what this collaboration will bring. How this will affect Kory's current Warrior Soul lineup, or his involvement with The Stoned (who just released a debut EP), remains to be seen, I guess.

Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL has joined legendary Illinois doomsters TROUBLE as the group's new frontman.

The news comes as the band returns to its Chicago base following a successful European tour.

TROUBLE founder and guitarist Rick Wartell explains: "It was a mutual agreement [between now-former TROUBLE singer Eric Wagner and the rest of the band to go our separate ways]. You need to follow your heart in this business and if you are not into it 100% then it is time to move on. We all felt it was the best thing for all parties involved. There are no hard feelings. I'm sure Eric will continue making music and we wish him the best."

Wartell went on to say: "We are very excited to have Kory step in and take over the vocals for TROUBLE. He's been one of my favorite frontmen in this industry for many years. He will add a new dimension that we can use. It's not like we just picked out some guy to fill in, this is one of rock's most dynamic and creative frontmen in the industry. I know that when TROUBLE fans get a taste of what Kory does they will not be disapointed at all. Anyone who has seen Kory with WARRIOR SOUL already knows what to expect, and it's awesome."

To catch an early glimpse of the new TROUBLE lineup, sign up for the TROUBLE live webcast, to be held on July 11, 2008 at www.deeprockdrive.com and see for yourself from the privacy of your own computer.

Wow...Will this work? I mean Kory is great but it does seem a strange fit...I'll say this,

Kory singing some of Trouble's Classic song will be really cool to hear...I wonder if they'll

record anything new...

Wow...Will this work? I mean Kory is great but it does seem a strange fit...I'll say this,

Kory singing some of Trouble's Classic song will be really cool to hear...I wonder if they'll

record anything new...

The more I'm thinkin' about Kory Clarke fronting Trouble, the more I'm thinkin' it could either be a brilliant move, or it could be a total clusterf**king train wreck. Either way, at least it'll be interesting!!! :blink:

Didn't Ted Kirkpatrick drum on one of their albums ?

Ted was only in the band for a brief period in between the RUN TO THE LIGHT and TROUBLE (1990) albums, I think he did some touring with them but I don't believe he played on an album.

• 2023 Gold Donors
Didn't Ted Kirkpatrick drum on one of their albums ?

Ted was only in the band for a brief period in between the RUN TO THE LIGHT and TROUBLE (1990) albums, I think he did some touring with them but I don't believe he played on an album.

...cool

A brief statement from Eric Wagner regarding his split from Trouble... sounds like this boy has some issues...

Ex-TROUBLE Singer ERIC WAGNER: 'At This Moment In Time I Just Can't Handle Touring Anymore' - May 3, 2008

Former TROUBLE frontman Eric Wagner has released the following statement regarding his departure from the group:

"It is with my deepest regret that by mutual agreement that TROUBLE and I have parted ways effective immediately.

"I love them very much and I wish them nothing but the best. At this moment in time I just can't handle touring anymore.

"All I want to do is write songs and work on my new project BLACK FINGER.

"I am sorry and I love you all."

As previously reported, Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL has joined TROUBLE as the group's new frontman.

Statement from Trouble drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson about the singer change...

I think Kory has a great voice and he is respected and admired by the band. I think he will do well! I'm keeping positive about the future of TROUBLE and I only hope the fans will be too. I'm not going to go on and on about this change in the line up, but I will say this and let it go (although YOU the fans can discuss amongst each other and you decide)...

Eric stopped coming to the plate with TROUBLE. It angers me that musicians can not practice their art, because of laziness or whatever... not showing up to sound checks and wonder why they can't hear their own voice during a show. He obviously didn't care about TROUBLE anymore, musically. TROUBLE will be stronger than ever. Sorry if I sound mean. I'm saddened that it had to be this way too.

Best

-Oly

record anything new...

The more I'm thinkin' about Kory Clarke fronting Trouble, the more I'm thinkin' it could either be a brilliant move, or it could be a total clusterf**king train wreck. Either way, at least it'll be interesting!!! :blink:

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. It will also have balls.

It will also have balls.

...Which is something that the last Trouble CD (SIMPLE MIND CONDITION) could've used more of. Eric Wagner sounded kinda tired and disinterested on that one IMO. After waiting twelve years (!) for a new album I was pretty disappointed by that one...

record anything new...

That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking. It will also have balls.

With Kory Singing It will certainly put a different spin on some of

Trouble's classic stuff like Bastards Will Pay and At The End Of My Daze...

I think Kory's voice would work better on the more psychedelic/"rock n roll" kinda Trouble stuff (i.e. like the "Trouble," "Manic Frustration" and "Plastic Green Head" albums) than on the earlier doom metal material... tho now that you mention it, the idea of hearing Kory screamin' out "Bastards Will Pay" does sound like it would be extremely frickin cool.

I could see Kory's voice working better on the more psych/rock n rolly kinda Trouble stuff (i.e. stuff like the "Trouble," "Manic Frustration" and "Plastic Green Head" albums) than on the earlier doom stuff... tho now that you mention it, the idea of hearing Kory screamin' out "Bastards Will Pay" does sound extremely frickin cool.

Well Put Keef...I do feel he could really add something here...I just don't know

if doing this and Warror Soul will be too much...

I could see Kory's voice working better on the more psych/rock n rolly kinda Trouble stuff (i.e. stuff like the "Trouble," "Manic Frustration" and "Plastic Green Head" albums) than on the earlier doom stuff... tho now that you mention it, the idea of hearing Kory screamin' out "Bastards Will Pay" does sound extremely frickin cool.

Well Put Keef...I do feel he could really add something here...I just don't know

if doing this and Warror Soul will be too much...

Maybe they could combine forces and just call themselves Troubled Soul? No? Fine, be that way... <_<

Maybe they could combine forces and just call themselves Troubled Soul? No? Fine, be that way... <_<

How'bout "Warrior Trouble?" That's got a nice ring to it.

:rofl2: I was thinkin the same thing..sounds more METAL...

Yeah, you're probably right, Troubled Soul sounds like something Marcie Free would be a part of.

Yeah, you're probably right, Troubled Soul sounds like something Marcie Free would be a part of.

:rofl2: never thought of that...great one Pete!!

Or they could call themselves Soul Trouble...

They could combine it with Kory's other band too (the Stoned) and make it Stoned Soul Trouble! Now THAT sounds f**kin METAL!!