"Dinner Impossible" Chef Fired by Food Network

Fat Freddy

DinnerImpos_leftGutter.jpg

This is kind of a bummer cuz I enjoy this guy's show ("Dinner Impossible")... but then again, what kinda dumb ass lies about cooking for the Royal Family or for U.S. Presidents and expects to get away with it?? Moreover, what kind of dumb asses are the Food Network for not subjecting this dude's resume to a simple FACT CHECK before putting him on the air in the first place?? :blink:

False resume gets chef cut from network

Mon Mar 3, 12:46 PM PST

After rising to culinary stardom preparing impossible meals on his Food Network series, Robert Irvine has met an obstacle his kitchen prowess couldn't overcome -- an embellished resume.

The star of "Dinner: Impossible" has acknowledged fabricating some of the more fantastic parts of his resume, including having cooked for Britain's Royal Family and various U.S. presidents.

Following the revelations, the network announced it would not renew Irvine's contract, though it would air the remaining episodes of the current season, the series' fourth.

"I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences in the White House and the Royal Family," Irvine said in a written statement. "I am truly sorry for misleading people and misstating the facts."

The Food Network said it might revisit its decision at the end of this season, but for now would begin searching for a new host for the series, which challenged Irvine to cook under arduous conditions.

"We rely on the trust that our viewers have in the accuracy of the information we present, and Robert challenged that trust," the network said in a written release.

Irvine, who is from England, first acknowledged the fabrications in a Feb. 17 story in the St. Petersburg Times.

More info on how full of holes that Irvine dude's resume was... :blink:

Food Network celebrity chef Robert Irvine is headed for the chopping black after lying on his resume when hired for the network's Dinner: Impossible series. Irvine was fired for embellishing his resume by saying he graduated from the University of Leeds and had cooked for Princess Diana, among other claims. Questions over the chef's true qualifications arose after an investigation launched by the St. Petersburg Times.

In researching Irvine's history for a story about his failed restaurant launches in St. Petersburg, the Times uncovered multiple instances where fact did not quite match the fabulous image of a worldly, first-class British chef. One of the most telling revelations was that the University of Leeds had no record of Irvine ever attending the university or having any connection to it, according to a press officer at Leeds.

Another tale that didn't quite match up was Irvine's story of helping to work on the wedding cake for the famous wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. The story, which Irvine has reportedly told several press sources and includes in his biography Mission: Cook! may not be quite true either. When confronted by the Times, he backed off his original tale that we worked on the "elaborate side panels" of the cake and said he helped by "picking fruit and things like that."

One lie about his past Irvine has confessed to is his claim of being a "knight." The Times reports they inquired about this claim with the press officer at Buckingham Palace, which revealed Irvine had never been knighted. Irvine admitted he was not, in fact, a knight of any variety, claiming it was something he said "keep up with the Joneses. I was sitting in a bar one night and that came out. It was stupid."

On Friday, the Food Network issued a statement regarding the information in the Times story. "We looked into the situation and found that, as Robert as already admitted, there were some embellishments and inaccuracies in his resume," Food Network President Brooke Johnson said in the statement. "The few and minor incidents of the inclusion of these embellishments in Dinner Impossible have been removed.

While the statement said the network will continue to show reruns of previous shows and the new series of the show currently in production, the network will not renew Irvine's contract for future seasons.

In addition to losing his future career with the Food Network, Irvine is facing a plethora of legal and financial problems revolving around the two restaurants he had planned to open in St. Petersburg. The restaurants still remain under construction and various parties say Irvine owes them tens of thousands of dollars for their work on the uncompleted projects.

Sorry boys but never really liked this show anyways so good riddance. Probably would have been better/more believable if he failed every now and then...

Guess he failed pretty big this time. :whistle:

Haha, yea, he DID seem a little bulletproof didn't he?? Now that you mention it, I don't think he ever did fail a "mission."

Who knows, maybe they'll replace him with a hot chick and continue the show... :lol:

Sorry boys but never really liked this show anyways so good riddance. Probably would have been better/more believable if he failed every now and then...

Haha, yea, he DID seem a little bulletproof didn't he?? Now that you mention it, I don't think he ever did fail a "mission."

Who knows, maybe they'll replace him with a hot chick and continue the show... :lol:

Hot chicks will always get me to "tune in"...

I personally liked the show and what he brought to the show.

I really don't care what he did before, all that mattered to me was that the show was good.

This story reminds me of the Head Football coach George O'leary that was hired by Notre Dame and then fired shortly after when they found out he lied on his resume.

Well this kinda sucks.. I DID enjoy that show... Not as much as Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, but it was STILL pretty good.. And yea, get a Hot chick to replace Him?? ancd I will DEFINITELY tune in!!!! :tumbsup:

Well this kinda sucks.. I DID enjoy that show... Not as much as Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, but it was STILL pretty good.. And yea, get a Hot chick to replace Him?? ancd I will DEFINITELY tune in!!!! :tumbsup:

Oh yeah Dinners, Drive-ins and Dives Rules. :tumbsup:

Is that a lot like Diners, Drive-ins and Dives? I'll have to check it out...

:gone:

Busted. :anon:

Busted. :anon:

Sorry man, I totally can't help myself. Plus I'm getting really close to 15K so any excuse to post... :anon:

When "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" did their all-New Jersey episode, my wife and I sez "Dude, this entire SERIES could be based in New Jersey! He would never have to leave the state!!"

• 5 months later...

My wife and I were watching Food Network last night and a promo for the new season of "Dinner Impossible" came on, with a new chef... I can't think of his name but he's the burly dude who won their "Next Iron Chef" competition last year, I believe.

...I can't think of his name but he's the burly dude who won their "Next Iron Chef" competition last year, I believe.

Michael Symon ;)

Um, yea, that's it. What she said.

...I can't think of his name but he's the burly dude who won their "Next Iron Chef" competition last year, I believe.

Michael Symon ;)

I watched the frist episode at Alcatraz and it was just okay IMO.

It's not the same without Robert. I don't care what he lied about, he made that show IMO.

Michael Symon ;)

I watched the frist episode at Alcatraz and it was just okay IMO.

It's not the same without Robert. I don't care what he lied about, he made that show IMO.

I liked him too, he was tough yet likable. I'll give the new guy a few shows to get used to it, maybe he'll settle into the role, but I wasn't impressed with his performance out of the gate. I do think he's good on Iron Chef though. :)

• 7 months later...

Saw a promo for the season premiere of "Dinner Impossible" the other night and it looks like Robert's back in! Guess the ratings with the new guy were bad enough that Food Network decided to let bygones be bygones. :blink:

Saw a promo for the season premiere of "Dinner Impossible" the other night and it looks like Robert's back in! Guess the ratings with the new guy were bad enough that Food Network decided to let bygones be bygones. :blink:

My wife said she saw the same thing but I didn't believe her.

Nothing against Chef Simon but Robert is much more entertaining IMO. :headbanger: