Aldo Nova

66 mustang

is this a CD that Bon Jovi should have made? I know Jon was a huge part of this album and I really like this but have not listened to it in over a year now aside from a song or two on MP3 disc that I throw into the Explorer cd player now and again.

Sambora, what is your opinion on this album?

I never heard the entire cd but the three singles/videos were awesome.

I have the videos on some vhs with the title-track, Someday and Medicine Man.

I'm not sure why I never picked up the cd(of course it would of been cassette for me back then).

I did recently pick up Aldo Nova's portrait of cd, which I think just had songs from the first two albums.

Besides "Fantasy" I couldn't really get into any other songs.

I'm not sure why I never picked up the cd(of course it would of been cassette for me back then).

I did recently pick up Aldo Nova's portrait of cd, which I think just had songs from the first two albums.

Wes, this is as essential as it gets! One of my fave top 50 of all time! Getcha a copy and make sure it has the Japan bonus track too. I can't say enough about this album...

i havent actually heard this, but it sounds liek something id like.

is it an OOP or do i have to save up and buy it? (Just bought a valve amp stack today, and i owe my rents £550, CDs are out of the question for awhile)

i havent actually heard this, but it sounds liek something id like.

is it an OOP or do i have to save up and buy it? (Just bought a valve amp stack today, and i owe my rents £550, CDs are out of the question for awhile)

it use to be on ebay alot for a few bucks..

'Hey Ronnie', 'Someday', 'Young love' and the immaculate 'Touch of madness' are four of my longtime favourite songs. Flawless. Not as many killers on the rest of the album as I'd have liked, but this is a good album and has stood the test of time well.

As I said in another thread re. Aldo Nova, 'Blood On The Bricks' is a great disc for sure, but purely down to the fact that it sounds more like a Bon Jovi style disc and a lot more generic than his immaculate catalogue before, it comes in a lowly 4th place in his discography for me. Brilliant, talented Solo artist though and superb live - saw him blow off Blue Oyster Cult when he suported on his 'Subject' release - still THE best support act I have ever seen live, and a damn shame he never toured the UK as a headline act.

As I said in another thread re. Aldo Nova, 'Blood On The Bricks' is a great disc for sure, but purely down to the fact that it sounds more like a Bon Jovi style disc and a lot more generic than his immaculate catalogue before, it comes in a lowly 4th place in his discography for me. Brilliant, talented Solo artist though and superb live - saw him blow off Blue Oyster Cult when he suported on his 'Subject' release - still THE best support act I have ever seen live, and a damn shame he never toured the UK as a headline act.

I’d slot ‘Blood on the bricks’ into 2nd place, just behind the delicious ‘Twitch’ album. That one is excellent. I like ‘Subject’ too but his debut was pretty horrid, imo. Aside from ‘Foolin’ or something similar in name.

I’d slot ‘Blood on the bricks’ into 2nd place, just behind the delicious ‘Twitch’ album. That one is excellent. I like ‘Subject’ too but his debut was pretty horrid, imo. Aside from ‘Foolin’ or something similar in name.

Just to show Geoff & I don't agree on EVERYTHING :)

The only two cd's I like from Nova are Blood & the S/T CD. The rest....ehh.

Just to show Geoff & I don't agree on EVERYTHING :)

The only two cd's I like from Nova are Blood & the S/T CD. The rest....ehh.

I like the stuff on Blood, but besides 'Fantasy' didn't care for much from the other albums.

I pickup his 'best of' up used a while back that had tracks from the first three releases and

had trouble making it through the whole cd.

Wes, this is as essential as it gets! One of my fave top 50 of all time! Getcha a copy and make sure it has the Japan bonus track too. I can't say enough about this album...

You can say that again. I really like this one. I love Fantasy. But as a whole album this is his best. I still listen to it and it holds up pretty well.

Wow... not much adoration for 'Twitch'? Damn I love that album. Almost every song is like a piece of heaven-cake.

Wow... not much adoration for 'Twitch'? Damn I love that album. Almost every song is like a piece of heaven-cake.

If you mean moist or mushy with too much iceing...you are correct ;)

If you mean moist or mushy with too much iceing...you are correct ;)

Very moist and mushy with a heap of icing... fluffy keyboard-scented icing! Not usually my thing but Aldo Nova on 'Twitch' and Outside Edge are two bands that pulled it off with much excellence.

• 2 years later...