Devils in Heaven - liberation

phaffas

well i pretty much never go CD huntin any more. shops are closing down and i havnt found anything for years. after doing some shopping today i saw a crappy lil hock/op shop, so wandered inside. Nothing but Bardot, and Dance Mix 34 etc etc. Then there right in front of me was:

Devils in Heaven - Liberation. Possum records 1993.

After all these years this is the first time ive ever seen it! SO i grabbed it. Id honestly never heard this but knew it was pretty damn rare so id get it for ebay. The front kinda reminds me of dirty aussie hard rock like Screaming Jets so i wasnt sure for a sec if it was same band, as id heard them likened to Roxus etc.

Got straight to car popped it in, not expecting much... and DAMN WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE GUYS! This is awesome! Pure Hard aor/melodic rock with a huuuuge production. The title track "Liberation" has gotta be one of the biggest best Aussie songs ive ever heard! Track 2. "Ships in the night" is also brilliant melodic rock. Track 3 "Aint it a Wonder" is a pure AOR ballad that builds up big time.

Overall id liken this to 3 of the Best songs Noiseworks forgot to put on an album. Also reminds alot of the very rare Aussie indie band Love'N Rebellion, except this is soo much better!!! Also hear hints of Ice Tiger and Roxus.

Im not sure if i want to get rid of this now..

So what happened to these guys? From memory they only released 1 or 2 ep singles?? For an Aussie Indie band that never did much else theres a mega production on this, and they went to Hollywood to record it...

Anyone?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there may have been 2 singels/eps released.

yeh i think you are right Lindsay.

Have you ever heard these guys? Its pretty damn awesome!

I think someone uploaded the 2 eps quite a while ago. I think i did listen to them on my pc, but can't really recall them. From memory I thought therer were a couple of killer tracks and a couple of alright/average tracks.... maybe a few too many keys for my liking. I may be thinking of the wrong stuff so I'll have to have another listen.

That's the one, Lindsay. There are a lot of keys, but regardless of this I still rank this up in the top Aussie bands ever... probably 2nd only to Roxus, IMO... and what Teargas could have been. The songs are amazing.

I have a copy of this that Geoff sent me with 5 tracks.

Yeah, that's a combination of the 2 singles they released. Their only 2 releases, I believe.

I have a copy of this that Geoff sent me with 5 tracks.

Yeah, that's a combination of the 2 singles they released. Their only 2 releases, I believe.

I just listened them for the first time in a while and their pretty damn good.

well i pretty much never go CD huntin any more. shops are closing down and i havnt found anything for years. after doing some shopping today i saw a crappy lil hock/op shop, so wandered inside. Nothing but Bardot, and Dance Mix 34 etc etc. Then there right in front of me was:

Devils in Heaven - Liberation. Possum records 1993.

After all these years this is the first time ive ever seen it! SO i grabbed it. Id honestly never heard this but knew it was pretty damn rare so id get it for ebay. The front kinda reminds me of dirty aussie hard rock like Screaming Jets so i wasnt sure for a sec if it was same band, as id heard them likened to Roxus etc.

Got straight to car popped it in, not expecting much... and DAMN WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE GUYS! This is awesome! Pure Hard aor/melodic rock with a huuuuge production. The title track "Liberation" has gotta be one of the biggest best Aussie songs ive ever heard! Track 2. "Ships in the night" is also brilliant melodic rock. Track 3 "Aint it a Wonder" is a pure AOR ballad that builds up big time.

Overall id liken this to 3 of the Best songs Noiseworks forgot to put on an album. Also reminds alot of the very rare Aussie indie band Love'N Rebellion, except this is soo much better!!! Also hear hints of Ice Tiger and Roxus.

Im not sure if i want to get rid of this now..

So what happened to these guys? From memory they only released 1 or 2 ep singles?? For an Aussie Indie band that never did much else theres a mega production on this, and they went to Hollywood to record it...

Anyone?

whoaaaa what a post, what a freakin' find!!!!

DIH should have gone onto Aussie rock super stardom!

As for what the guys are upto, one of the guys is a park ranger. Another one still kicks around guitaring for cover bands.

Vocalist & chief song writer runs a recording studio & work in tv production. David has released a solo album & it's in the vein of a mellow & melodic Mark Free / Gary Hughes. The drummer along with the bass player has apparently left the music biz.

There were numerous unreleased tracks for their debut album but have supposedly been erased acidently by the park ranger? I believe.

Sir Arthur Payson who produced the e.p's is infact a well known & respected producer.

Over the years I've been offered serious money for the e.p's but due to quality of music I just couldn't bare to part. :beerbang:

This was an exceptional score......my hearty congrats!!!!! Both of the Devil's In Heaven EPs are mega rare, but not only that, they are super high quality melodic rock too. Andy traded copies of both to me a few years back after they had been on my want list for ages.......Thanks again Andy!!!

I can't say as I've ever seen either on E Bay before and probably many people have no clue about them!!!

Again, what a super find........

Del

This was an exceptional score......my hearty congrats!!!!! Both of the Devil's In Heaven EPs are mega rare, but not only that, they are super high quality melodic rock too. Andy traded copies of both to me a few years back after they had been on my want list for ages.......Thanks again Andy!!!

I can't say as I've ever seen either on E Bay before and probably many people have no clue about them!!!

Del

Thanks Del,

i must admit it was a bit of fun. Id given up on hunting for Cd's like this, and never bother to go into these shops anymore and i randomly find one in the first shop i go into amongst Spice Girls Cd's :).

Del

Thanks Del,

i must admit it was a bit of fun. Id given up on hunting for Cd's like this, and never bother to go into these shops anymore and i randomly find one in the first shop i go into amongst Spice Girls Cd's :).

Spice Girls..... :yikes:

You are the ultimate cd hunter Matt.

Del

Thanks Del,

Spice Girls..... :yikes:

You are the ultimate cd hunter Matt.

I know. Im a legend.

btw Lindsay your shipment of Mel B memorabilia has been sent - thanks for the speedy payment as always.

Del

glad you enjoy them to this day Del :)

Those 2 DIH e.p's are some of best indy's ever from anywhere in the world :beerbang:

well i have just listed this on ebay!DEVILS IN HEAVEN on ebay

dissapointed in you matt, for you to sell DIH's cd geoff must have converted you to emo land :whistle:

o no, not at all. The act of selling DIH leads to money for me.... leads to the purchase of knives to give to Emo's... the more i get for the CD, the more knives... then hopefully at some point theyll accidently cut off their heads...

hope that made sense..

BID NOW! ALL OF YOU! I COMMAND YOU!

dissapointed in you matt, for you to sell DIH's cd geoff must have converted you to emo land :whistle:

o no, not at all. The act of selling DIH leads to money for me.... leads to the purchase of knives to give to Emo's... the more i get for the CD, the more knives... then hopefully at some point theyll accidently cut off their heads...

hope that made sense..

:lol: In Matt's defense, if I had the CD I'd be selling it too, even if it does rule the Australian Earth of music. It's great music, but if it can fetch the prices it supposedly can... I'd sure as hell give it a go too. :)

hope that made sense..

:lol: In Matt's defense, if I had the CD I'd be selling it too, even if it does rule the Australian Earth of music. It's great music, but if it can fetch the prices it supposedly can... I'd sure as hell give it a go too. :)

thanks elmo, but why havnt you bid yet? did i not command you...?

hope that made sense..

Sorry mate, if it ain't emo I don't bid. That's my new motto in life - live it.

hope that made sense..

ill tell you what... you win it... ill even personally sign it for you!

hope that made sense..

ill tell you what... you win it... ill even personally sign it for you!

I just bid.

If it's not showing yet I have a special invisible account or something like that. But I definitely bid... because I want your signature. So I can look at it. And later in the day, I can look at your signature a second time. Do I know how to live or what?

hope that made sense..

clearly you are both whores in a man's body :beerbang:

:whistle::popcorn::drink::tumbsup: